Help on Picking Tubing Outfitter

mtnrnrchic

Help!

I've only got a couple days to get this booked as we leave on the Norwegian Dream on 4/1/06. We would like the best, coolest, and safest tubing trip offered in Belize. Please send me a brief description of your favorite and anything you learned about others.

Thanks a million!

Sail on!

The reviews that I've read on cave-tubing.com make it seem pretty rushed with the tubes linked together and everything. Any comments on this? Anybody go with somebody else that doesn't require you to link together?

TIA!!

We went with Major Tom while we were on the Enchantment in Feb. It was actually our 15th Anniversay and we had a perfect day!!

We were picked up at the pier. Locals kept coming up to us and others trying to get us to go with them. When they saw that we were with Tom they backed off and didn't bother us at all. There were a total of 4 of us with two guides. When we arrived we got our gear together and headed for the caves. Tom did a great job of explaining all of the wildlife to us on the way. Once we were on the river and going through the caves Tom explained all of the history and the religous aspects of the caves. I found it all very fascinating. My H and I were linked together with one guide and the other couple with us was linked up with Tom. We stayed together for safety and so we could hear all of the history of the caves. After tubing we cleaned up and had a wonderful lunch that Tom arranged.

I would highly recommend his company. I can't post it without it getting deleted but, email me at catherine3144@hotmail.com and I will give you the links and answer any other questions you may have.

I also highly recommend Major Tom. I added onto the post started by want2gomore. Tom appears to be the most respected tour operator in Belize. He went out of his way to reassure my wife and young daughter on the excursion. Enjoy the cruise.

we just got back and booked with melvin davis who runs belize fishing and tours...... he was good and lunch was great.......melvin did not go in the cave with us but had a guide take us.. he was good and gave us the option of hooking up or not.. we had 7 in our group and we did hook up and it was fun.. we did some work but did not have to bust our butts, so to speak.....lunch after was ready for us and it was great...... i would go with him again........

I posted with a longer review under T O M * G R E E N W O O D also. Just went with him last week. He's a great guide! He takes you on a longer trip with a nice float through the jungle at the end. Lunch was also very good.

We went with Major Tom last week off the Legend of the Seas. He is really great. We did see other tubers leaving and missing the wonderul jungle float after the cave. We all LOVED the lunch afterward. He has dive lights rather than the headlamps (except for small children) that really are much better for seeing things. He exudes education and really knows the flora, fauna, and history. It was pretty neat going into the restruant and having reserved tables for us.

We had a party of fourteen. We started with my family of four, added a neighbor family off the Miracle, and talked our table mate family to join us. I was worried a bit since we didn't use him before but everyone felt that it was a highlight of the cruise.

We bought something in the little store there and the clerk told us a bit about Major Tom when we mentioned we were with him. He is a Justice of Peace, a Justice of the Court (a 90 member Supreme Court review body), an executive with the Tourism board. He was one of the first people to develop the cave tubing trip. I also found out he was the first Belizian to attend the British College of War when he was in the army. He is sure not your typical tour guide. He is very professional but also very nice. It seems like everyone knows him.

He is looking to advertise here (part some CC history that I don't know much about) but can't until at least August.

We booked with Nacho and Cynthia through NCQ and absolutely loved it. It started with Nacho meeting us promptly just off the dock. We split into two vans for those that were doing the zipline. We drove around town with Nacho giving us some great local information. Belize is really very beautiful. We loved our short hike (about 25 minutes) through the rainforest. Ricky and Cynthia stopped and pointed out different plants, wild growing pineapples, the very cool gator tooth tree, etc. We went through 2 caves, and it was only the group of 7 of us with two guides. We didn't see anyone else until we arrived at the end and saw the huge lines of people with the "other" tours. We then toured through Jaguar Paw checking out a beautiful butterfly farm, the "invisible" butterflies were cool, and we met the "royal rat". I think we'd like to return to Belize and stay at the resort itself...very neat! Then we ate a delicious lunch inside the lovely resort restaurant. Afterward, Nacho offered to take us to the zoo, but we were a bit pooped out and opted to do a little shopping. He took us downtown to a few stores then dropped us back at the dock. Very awesome day, Nacho and Cynthia are wonderful people.

My daughter is going to belize in two weeks and she is looking at excursions. She wanted to know how long the cave tubing excursions were and all the details that she needs to know before booking it with TOM. Thanks in advance!

Just do a google search on his last name and Belize. You will find his site. It answers all your questions.

The reviews that I've read on cave-tubing.com make it seem pretty rushed with the tubes linked together and everything. Any comments on this? Anybody go with somebody else that doesn't require you to link together?

This is true. We went just last week with Reggie's Tours and we had 11 in our group. We started the trail about 5 minutes ahead of cave-tubing.com and they passed us on the trail. They had 36 in their group. I know because the guides chatted with our guides as they walked by. They must have zoomed down the river because we never saw them again.

If you're looking for a good outfit I can highly recommend Reggie's. There were 11 of us ranging from 6-63 and everyone had a great time. Lionel and Jamal made sure of that.

Clint

Archived