Arctic Expedition Charter Flight Baggage

RELS

For our upcoming charter flights between Montreal and Kangerlussaq (and back from Pond Inlet to Montreal) Silversea is very clear that each passenger is allowed one checked bag 50 lb or less, no exceptions.  What, if anything, is the limit for carry on bags for these charter flights? Is it the usual 22x14x9 (approx) bag plus an under seat bag, or are there more restrictions?

Thanks for any information!

Montreal to Pond Inlet we were allowed a carry on. Ours was 18” and not 22. Plus each of us carried a very small knapsack for camera equipment etc. 

The plane from Iqaluit to Pond inlet was very small. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:38 AM, RELS said:

For our upcoming charter flights between Montreal and Kangerlussaq (and back from Pond Inlet to Montreal) Silversea is very clear that each passenger is allowed one checked bag 50 lb or less, no exceptions.  What, if anything, is the limit for carry on bags for these charter flights? Is it the usual 22x14x9 (approx) bag plus an under seat bag, or are there more restrictions?

Thanks for any information!

You should get information regarding luggage limits about a month before your charter flight. For ours (Longyearbyen to Tromso) we go the following:

Luggage Restrictions:
Each guest is limited to one (1) carry-on measuring 21" x 13" x 9" (55cm x 35cm x 25cm) and (1) checked bag not to exceed a total of 50 lbs. (23kg). You may also carry one small personal bag, such as a purse, backpack, or laptop bag. All hand luggage must fit in the overhead compartment or under the seat and not exceed a total of 17 lbs. (8kg.) Because of the weight restrictions on all charter flights, excess/additional baggage cannot be purchased.

I think it is the same carrier that they use for all the arctic charters so I am guessing it is likely to be the same restrictions. Hope this helps!

Thank you, @sherylc! My TA asked Silversea and got the 2022 info for the Endeavour that said:

"Carry-on: one (1) piece of no more than
5kg and one personal bag, such as a purse or laptop bag. Each guest may
also carry one (1) checked bag not to exceed a total of 23kg. All hand
luggage must fit in the overhead compartment or under the seat. Due to
weight restrictions, excess/additional baggage cannot be purchased."

There is no size indicated for carry on bags. I will be happy if your info is correct, and we get 3 more kg! Were you on the Endeavour or the Wind?

1 minute ago, sherylc said:

This is actually for an upcoming cruise on the Wind.

Was this in the "Setting Sail" Guide for the Wind?

Has anyone on one of these Silversea arctic flights actually had their carry-on luggage weighed?  Our experience with other expedition trips was that the documents showed a weight limit but no one was checking.

9 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Has anyone on one of these Silversea arctic flights actually had their carry-on luggage weighed?  Our experience with other expedition trips was that the documents showed a weight limit but no one was checking.

No one on my Antarctica charters had carry on bags weighed, but the empty middle seat down one side might have given some leeway.  However, no one had a carry on wheeled bag as well as a duffle bag as I see on regular flights. Just the carry on and small backpack.  I am not taking any chances this trip either for the charter from Longyearbyen.

57 minutes ago, Port Power said:

No one on my Antarctica charters had carry on bags weighed, but the empty middle seat down one side might have given some leeway.  However, no one had a carry on wheeled bag as well as a duffle bag as I see on regular flights. Just the carry on and small backpack.  I am not taking any chances this trip either for the charter from Longyearbyen.

That's the one I'll be on.  Please post about your trip (including this detail).  Thx

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That's the one I'll be on.  Please post about your trip (including this detail).  Thx

Will do.  Charter flight is on the 26th.