Junior suite guests making Coastal Kitchen reservations

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Even if you get reservations in the CL....you are still stuck with "knock knock" to enter CK.  😉 

True enough! I've found it a lot quicker & easier at dinner time, though. Maybe it's just been bad luck earlier in the day, but I've sometimes found myself wondering just how bad I really want CK that evening. 😉 

• Like 1

Just now, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

True enough! I've found it a lot quicker & easier at dinner time, though. Maybe it's just been bad luck earlier in the day, but I've sometimes found myself wondering just how bad I really want CK that evening. 😉 

IMHO...if I don't have key access...I don't belong.   That being JS...or Pinnies not in a suite that are willy nilly allowed or not.   There are far too many venues around the ship, both lounge and dining to visit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hah...that is when the rare time the double doors are actually closed.  Which is not very often. 😑

We have been on Wonder twice, once in a JS and once in a GS.  The doors to the hallway that leads to the Coastal Kitchen were never closed at dinner time or embarkation.  We have been in a JS on several Oasis and Quantum class (much easier to access) ships at least 6 times. If you do find the doors closed, then there is a handset/speaker on Wonder to use to gain access. Go to Coastal Kitchen as soon as you board and speak with the Maitre'd about reservations.  We have been able to eat at Coastal Kitchen whenever we wished, but we are flexible about our dining times.  Sometimes we were able to reserve for the entire week and others nightly (we were told to stop by the podium after dinner to make reservations for the next visit). We enjoy the less hectic atmosphere there and enjoy that the classic menu items are available each night.     

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

IMHO...if I don't have key access...I don't belong.   That being JS...or Pinnies not in a suite that are willy nilly allowed or not.   There are far too many venues around the ship, both lounge and dining to visit.  

Opinion duly noted. IMHO, I do "belong" if I am taking advantage of a perk that I have paid for. 

We can agree to disagree. 🙂 

• Like 6

Seconding the doors being open. On embarkation day the doors are propped open and you can freely walk down the hall to the suite lounge/Coastal Kitchen. Both times we were in a GS we went right up to the lounge and spoke with the host to verify our Coastal reservations. And there were only a handful of times on both cruises where those glass doors were shut...typically in the middle of the day or later at night.

Also, there are bathrooms on Wonder. Just past the bar area where the lounge blends into Coastal.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We have been on Wonder twice, once in a JS and once in a GS.  The doors to the hallway that leads to the Coastal Kitchen were never closed at dinner time or embarkation.  We have been in a JS on several Oasis and Quantum class (much easier to access) ships at least 6 times. If you do find the doors closed, then there is a handset/speaker on Wonder to use to gain access. Go to Coastal Kitchen as soon as you board and speak with the Maitre'd about reservations.  We have been able to eat at Coastal Kitchen whenever we wished, but we are flexible about our dining times.  Sometimes we were able to reserve for the entire week and others nightly (we were told to stop by the podium after dinner to make reservations for the next visit). We enjoy the less hectic atmosphere there and enjoy that the classic menu items are available each night.     

Have been on Wonder many times, including a 2 week Med, followed by 2 week TA.   The only reason those doors are open, is because pax are too lazy to shut them once they open them with access key.  For some reason they did not put self closures on those doors like the other Oasis class ships (which doors are just outside the actual CK/SL).   

We always stay in a GS on the opposite side (less foot traffic) and many times those pax forget to shut the doors behind them.  

Why have keyed access to those sections when the doors are constantly left open?🫤

13 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Opinion duly noted. IMHO, I do "belong" if I am taking advantage of a perk that I have paid for. 

We can agree to disagree. 🙂 

Indeed JS cabin pax are allowed in for dinner only, and only if reservations are available on a day to day basis.  This perk is not a guarantee...and with ships sailing full....it's not a given you will get what you want.  They are also not welcomed into the SL...though some get away with it before dinner.  

Not having keyed access, just makes me feel like an outsider.   This is just my problem...not yours. 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Well thats good that they added a bathroom into the CL/CK on Wonder.

It is nice!   On the older Oasis class you have to go out the entry doors to the other side of the elevators.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, island lady said:

I disagree.  If the RCCL policy allows access, then I belong.  I NEVER care if I have to knock on a door. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I disagree.  If the RCCL policy allows access, then I belong.  I NEVER care if I have to knock on a door. 

M

As previous poster quoted..."We can agree to disagree". 

I was simply stating how I feel, not what you might feel.  More power to you.  😉 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

As previous poster quoted..."We can agree to disagree". 

I was simply stating how I feel, not what you might feel.  More power to you.  😉 

Thank you for freeing up CK space and allowing other JS or non suite P's to be able to dine there. I'm sure they appreciate the gesture. 

M

38 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thank you for freeing up CK space and allowing other JS or non suite P's to be able to dine there. I'm sure they appreciate the gesture. 

M

You are most welcome....but kind of moot point since I sail in GS cabins.  😉 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

How about owners suite SKY  class  Better chance ?TIA 

Full suite guests will have no trouble getting a reservation at CK.  You should hear from the concierge a week prior to the cruise and can request dining then, or on board.   CK is available for all your dining, breakfast, lunch and dinner. . . 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Full suite guests will have no trouble getting a reservation at CK.  You should hear from the concierge a week prior to the cruise and can request dining then, or on board.   CK is available for all your dining, breakfast, lunch and dinner. . . 
m

We just put a bid in for an upgrade to a full suite on the WOTS. If it gets approved within a day or two of boarding, will we have any options to make our CK reservations ahead of time, as I imagine we won’t be hearing from the concierge prior to the cruise with that short of notice?

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If it gets approved within a day or two of boarding, will we have any options to make our CK reservations ahead of time, as I imagine we won’t be hearing from the concierge prior to the cruise with that short of notice?

You are unlikely to get an upgrade that close in but if you do, going after boarding to arrange that would probably be best way to handle it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You are unlikely to get an upgrade that close in but if you do, going after boarding to arrange that would probably be best way to handle it.

Thanks! That would be great if we got notified 1-2 weeks in advance of the cruise. 🤞

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I received notice of our last upgrade the day before.  😉 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We have a suite guarantee on Wonder in January, and we're fully expecting to get a JS. As much as I'd love to eat at CK 2 or 3 times, I'm prepared for the possibility that won't happen. We plan to board early and head straight there, and we'll see how it goes. I think this is probably tougher on Wonder than other Oasis class ships because there are so many JSs on Wonder (115 according to cruisedeckplans.com).

Edited by LisaLisa87
  • Like 1

I’m a little late to this party, but getting good info from this thread.

(Hi, Ken, haven’t virtually chatted with you in a long time, had lunch at the Opelika Cik-Fil+A just yesterday with DH and oldest granddaughter on our way home from Augusta).

I just booked a JS for June 2025, sailing with daughter, SIL and their 3 boys. The 2 of us and oldest grandson are in the JS, the others in a regular cabin.

Just wanted to let group know that I had a question about the access to the suite lounge area for JS guests and I got conflicting info from the website page vs website Chat (probably a bot). The chat said Junior suite guests had access to the suite lounge, but a chart comparing the various suite levels said no. I assume the real answer is no - can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I’m a little late to this party, but getting good info from this thread.

(Hi, Ken, haven’t virtually chatted with you in a long time, had lunch at the Opelika Cik-Fil+A just yesterday with DH and oldest granddaughter on our way home from Augusta).

I just booked a JS for June 2025, sailing with daughter, SIL and their 3 boys. The 2 of us and oldest grandson are in the JS, the others in a regular cabin.

Just wanted to let group know that I had a question about the access to the suite lounge area for JS guests and I got conflicting info from the website page vs website Chat (probably a bot). The chat said Junior suite guests had access to the suite lounge, but a chart comparing the various suite levels said no. I assume the real answer is no - can anyone confirm?

Hey there! It has definitely been a while. Good question! My guess is us minions won’t be allowed to hang out in the suite lounge, especially since the full suite folks paid a bunch more for that privilege. But it definitely can’t hurt to ask! 

13 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I assume the real answer is no - can anyone confirm?

Unless you are Pinnacle, no, you won't have access to the Suite lounge in a JS.

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Hey there! It has definitely been a while. Good question! My guess is us minions won’t be allowed to hang out in the suite lounge, especially since the full suite folks paid a bunch more for that privilege. But it definitely can’t hurt to ask! 

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unless you are Pinnacle, no, you won't have access to the Suite lounge in a JS.

That’s what I expected, just warning readers about the inconsistencies of the website chat.

We are Diamond+ from Celebrity, so if we need small snackies and adult time, we can escape to the Diamond lounge. The BOGO offer sounds like something we will want to consider. Do you make those reservations on board?

Just now, cangelmd said:

That’s what I expected, just warning readers about the inconsistencies of the website chat.

Regardless of how you contact RCI, the answers you get can always be suspect - the method doesn't matter.

• Haha 1