Airline ticketing

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

When I read threads like this I am thankful that I do *not* book EZAir!  Yes, I may pay a bit more for flights but I get exactly what I want and don't have to jump through hoops with Delta.

🤣 Currently on hold with Delta 🤣

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, msmoger said:

Just wondering, do you see the "Request Early Ticketing" option.  That is what I see and have seen in the past.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always had this option prior to the actual ticketing having automatically taken place (i.e. 45 days prior to your flight).  Once I have selected the early ticketing option and have paid for the tickets, my ticket number has appeared on my travel summary as well as all of my Princess and airline website bookings.  Others may choose to wait until as late as possible to pay since they don't want to commit to the tickets and price before they have to (45 days), but I like to make sure everything is in place as far as the airlines are concerned.  I usually pay when I make final payment for the cruise.

image.png.14fcae7ed462d679c22e6a287aedb77f.png

Still there. I'm 72 days out & should request soon so I can upgrade to premium economy on UAL site for just $229. Doubt there'll be another drop. I only do NS so that's why it's higher

20240713_090010.jpg

Edited by Ombud

28 minutes ago, Tweedy said:

We usually fly Air Canada through easy air.  Unless you are willing to pay for choosing your seats, you are going to have to wait for that 24 hour window before your flight to choose your seats. You have to log into the Air Canada website with your flight confirmation number to book seats.

Yes, I know all that.  Willing to pay for seat selection.  I log into Air Canada and I can retrieve our booking with no problem.  I have ticket numbers and flight confirmation number.  Air Canada shows my flights have been ticketed, so that’s not a problem.  The only problem is when I choose to select seats.  My Air Canada app also shows our flights in 42 days but will not let me select seats.  

I have dealt with Air Canada.  Not my favorite airline, yet only real choice.  

Because of problems, I elected to purchase a seat early (long story).

On another occasion, I really lucked out.  Logged in exactly at 24 hours prior (minus 1 minute).  My finger was on the hot button.  I was able to get good seats together.  Thirty minutes later and just a smattering of seats.  Lesson learned????

Buy your seat if connection is tight or a very long haul.  Or find a different carrier that allows you to pick seats early.

• Like 1

Interesting thread.  We originally booked Delta from DFW through LAX to Sydney using EZair and were able to select our seats.  Then we decided we preferred a direct flight so changed the EZAir reservations to Qantas.  Not able to select our seats.  I have a booking number and can select seats on the Qantas website if we choose to pay extra.  I'm monitoring the seat selection and we'll pay if it looks like we won't be able to get seats together.  Either way we'll get to Australia and enjoy our trip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, I know all that.  Willing to pay for seat selection.  I log into Air Canada and I can retrieve our booking with no problem.  I have ticket numbers and flight confirmation number.  Air Canada shows my flights have been ticketed, so that’s not a problem.  The only problem is when I choose to select seats.  My Air Canada app also shows our flights in 42 days but will not let me select seats.  

I’m sorry you are having such problems.  I don’t use the AC app and go through my desktop when booking seats and haven’t run into this problem on the desktop.  Very strange.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tweedy said:

I’m sorry you are having such problems.  I don’t use the AC app and go through my desktop when booking seats and haven’t run into this problem on the desktop.  Very strange.

I tried on the AC app and Princess online on my iPad.  I don’t have a desktop.  Thanks for your help, though.  Yes, so strange.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have dealt with Air Canada.  Not my favorite airline, yet only real choice.  

Because of problems, I elected to purchase a seat early (long story).

On another occasion, I really lucked out.  Logged in exactly at 24 hours prior (minus 1 minute).  My finger was on the hot button.  I was able to get good seats together.  Thirty minutes later and just a smattering of seats.  Lesson learned????

Buy your seat if connection is tight or a very long haul.  Or find a different carrier that allows you to pick seats early.

Yes you are so right.  We never do connecting flights anymore and usually book direct with the airline.  Air Canada is the pits in customer service!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thanks, but Air Canada is weird.  They won’t let me do it because we booked with EZAir.  We always book directly with the airline but this time we had a ton of FCC to use up so our CVP suggested we add the flights with our booking.  Would you happen to have a direct phone number to EZAir?  Who do we call in case of a flight delay, cancellation or emergency while at the airport?  How do we get in touch with them while at sea regarding return flights?  Sorry, but I’m just confused with this.  Thank you so much.

@Lady Arwen Hopefully this will help you…

IMG_0114.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes you are so right.  We never do connecting flights anymore and usually book direct with the airline.  Air Canada is the pits in customer service!

We added our Aeroplan numbers on the EZair booking (where it says add Frequent Flyer number) and then we were able to select seats (for a fee) on the Air Canada app.  This was after the flights were ticketed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

We added our Aeroplan numbers on the EZair booking (where it says add Frequent Flyer number) and then we were able to select seats (for a fee) on the Air Canada app.  This was after the flights were ticketed.

I didn’t do that!  Going to try that, too.  Thank you very much for your advice.

I was concerned reading this post so went into our booking. We were allowed to pick seats on Delta non stop Boston to LA and United LA to Boston before final payment. Flight information is on our paperwork I printed. When I tried to check over the weekend keep getting an error message? Have never had an issue with EZair, have we just been lucky so far. Should I have our TA look tomorrow when she gets to the office? I don't want to lose the flight out, we arrive in the morning which never happens.

Thank you folks for all the posts.

20 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Ive always been able to call Air Canada to select seats if I want. I always fly AC and usually book EZaire for overseas/South American flights. I do usually just monitor the avaliable seats and dont bother with calling AC unless seats I'm interested in start to fill up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cjpj said:

Ive always been able to call Air Canada to select seats if I want. I always fly AC and usually book EZaire for overseas/South American flights. I do usually just monitor the avaliable seats and dont bother with calling AC unless seats I'm interested in start to fill up.

I can’t even get to the part where I can see the seating plan.  As soon as I click on Select Seats I get a message to call the airline as seat selection is not available with EZAir.  When I try it online with Air Canada or the app I get a notice to contact the third party who booked the flights.  My  Aeroplane member number is noted both with EZAir and AC.

29 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I was concerned reading this post so went into our booking. We were allowed to pick seats on Delta non stop Boston to LA and United LA to Boston before final payment. Flight information is on our paperwork I printed. When I tried to check over the weekend keep getting an error message? Have never had an issue with EZair, have we just been lucky so far. Should I have our TA look tomorrow when she gets to the office? I don't want to lose the flight out, we arrive in the morning which never happens.

Thank you folks for all the posts.

Please let us know how this works out for you.  It’s so frustrating dealing with airlines and I feel your anxiety.   I would call your TA and let them sort it out,  Good luck!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I didn’t do that!  Going to try that, too.  Thank you very much for your advice.

The one time that I had trouble being able to select seats, I called EZair at 1 (800) 252-7248 (I got that number from a previous thread on Cruise Critic.). I explained my issue and it turned out that a couple of months earlier my flights had changed by a few minutes.  I had accepted the new times on my end but something had not been adjusted at EZair.  The person I spoke to put me on hold and came back a few minutes later.  I don’t know what she did, but after getting off the phone I was able to select my seats at Air Canada.

This was in 2022 when things weren’t quite back to normal yet.  

Edited by Abercrombie2019
Typo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

The one time that I had trouble being able to select seats, I called EZair at 1 (800) 252-7248 (I got that number from a previous thread on Cruise Critic.). I explained my issue and it turned out that a couple of months earlier my flights had changed by a few minutes.  I had accepted the new times on my end but something had not been adjusted at EZair.  The person I spoke to put me on hold and came back a few minutes later.  I don’t know what she did, but after getting off the phone I was able to select my seats at Air Canada.

This is exactly our scenario!  Our flight was changed by five minutes last month.  I acknowledged on AC booking.  I think you have solved the problem, my friend!  I will call EZAir today.  Thank you so very much!  I’ll let you know the outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Please let us know how this works out for you.  It’s so frustrating dealing with airlines and I feel your anxiety.   I would call your TA and let them sort it out,  Good luck!

Thanks, never worried before.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

It worked!  All this for a five minute flight change.  Seats have been selected and paid for and confirmation received.  I had to do this with Air Canada as Princess sent me there again.  Oh well, it’s done and I have you to thank, my fellow Canuck!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

It worked!  All this for a five minute flight change.  Seats have been selected and paid for and confirmation received.  I had to do this with Air Canada as Princess sent me there again.  Oh well, it’s done and I have you to thank, my fellow Canuck!

So glad it all worked out for you! 

I have added that other phone number to my contacts just in case I ever have a problem -- thanks @Abercrombie2019.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I just got lucky!  Advice from @Abercrombie2019saved the day.  I love Cruise Critic members!

I’m so happy that it worked for you.  Cruise Critic has helped me out so many times in the past.  I’m sure I’ve read posts from you that I’ve found to be helpful and informative.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We use have usually use EZair and fly mostly Air Canada and never had a problem picking and paying for our seats after ticketing on the Air Canada site. The most recent being just a couple of months ago. Maybe this is something new on Air Canada's end. Never had an issue on Westjet and Air Transat either. Frustrating for sure!

• Like 1