Shuttle with scooter

We are due to go away on sky princess in November most ports will have shuttles my husband would like to go ashore but needs a mobility scooter he can get on and off the coach does anybody know if they will take his scooter in the hold on the coach

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Of much more concern *might* be ports where you must tender. Those locations generally require a fold up style scooter.

A folding/collapsible scooter is the best way to go.  If it can be folded into something smaller, it will be able to go on the shuttle just fine.  

7 hours ago, Holly123red said:

We are due to go away on sky princess in November most ports will have shuttles my husband would like to go ashore but needs a mobility scooter he can get on and off the coach does anybody know if they will take his scooter in the hold on the coach

It's not the scooter so much as the type. If you rent one of the standard smallish 4 wheel ones they are usually too heavy for the tender crew to load and too large for the coach. If you buy one buy a folding type as light as possible, similarly if you rent. They are not inexpensive but will allow you to go just about anywhere, even folding into a taxi trunk. I have a Travelscoot that is very lightweight,  and an Atto which is a bit heavier but breaks into 2 parts to fit a planes overhead locker. They are not inexpensive but will make a dramatic difference to your enjoyment of the trip.

15 hours ago, Dunchues said:

It's not the scooter so much as the type. If you rent one of the standard smallish 4 wheel ones they are usually too heavy for the tender crew to load and too large for the coach. If you buy one buy a folding type as light as possible, similarly if you rent. They are not inexpensive but will allow you to go just about anywhere, even folding into a taxi trunk. I have a Travelscoot that is very lightweight,  and an Atto which is a bit heavier but breaks into 2 parts to fit a planes overhead locker. They are not inexpensive but will make a dramatic difference to your enjoyment of the trip.

We too own a couple of Travelscoot's.  Very lightweight and easy to travel with.  

DSF1934-travelscoot-escape.jpgDer neue Escape von TravelScoot

Some of the ports we hit on the World Cruise this year had city buses not coaches. There was no under the bus storage for anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve taken my scooter on loads of cruise shuttle buses with no problem. I’ve had the type that dismantles into 5 parts, but now have one that closes with a remote control. It was allowed on a tender earlier this year.

• Like 1