Platinum and first time cruiser

Are Platnum allowed in the Elite lounge awaiting embarkation? I’m Platnum and my travel buddy has never cruised before. If I can go to the elite lounge and she come with me?

Thanks🛳️

IF...your travel mate is in the same cabin as you...

THEN...She can wait in the Platinum section at the terminal.

She can join you for the Platinum, Elite, Suite cocktail hour.

She may/may not attend the Captain Circle Party (depends on the Future Cruise person)

Platinum members are not allowed in the Elite Lounge at the terminal.  Depending on the cruise port, some have a separate seating area for Platinum guests away from the general boarding seating.  (I think Port Everglades and I know San Pedro.)

Boarding priority:  In-transit, Wedding Parties (if they are still doing this), Suites/Elite, Platinum, General Boarding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjcletzgo said:

Are Platnum allowed in the Elite lounge awaiting embarkation? I’m Platnum and my travel buddy has never cruised before. If I can go to the elite lounge and she come with me?

Thanks🛳️

If you miss out on the embarkation Elite lounge, you won't be missing much.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Thanks🛳️

Are you and your travel buddy in the same cabin? I’m not sure if you’ve said. If she is in the same cabin, then yes she can go to the platinum lounge at embarkation with you. It all depends on what time that you are at the port and embark -a lot of times they are already, getting passengers onboard and you don’t even have to worry about the lounge area and honestly it’s just a waiting room/ area and if you’re there super early and have to wait then yes they start doing the platinums as one of the first passengers to go onboard ,maybe not the first, but one of. Once upon a time, I think they used to have some snacks and water and or drinks but not sure if that’s done anymore or not, and usually by the time that I pass by that lounge, everything was gone as far as food and drink as I could see, the tables were set up that had that kind of stuff on it. But here’s the information for platinum status.

PLATINUM
After
completing
5 cruises or
50 cruise days

50% off MedallionNet® package
• Early access to dining reservations
• 10% off Lotus Spa® treatments
• 10% discount in the Photo Gallery
• Platinum and Elite Lounge
• 
• 

To avoid all lines we always show up after 1:30. All the lounge hs is a bunch of folding chairs and then a mad rush when they open the ship

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

To avoid all lines we always show up after 1:30. All the lounge hs is a bunch of folding chairs and then a mad rush when they open the ship

We get there early to get the yummy MDR lunch of shrimp and avacado, salmon with lemon, dill butter sauce and orange soufflé🛳️🛳️🛳️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, tjcletzgo said:

We get there early to get the yummy MDR lunch of shrimp and avacado, salmon with lemon, dill butter sauce and orange soufflé🛳️🛳️🛳️

I am going be eating ship food for several weeks I would rather eat in some of my favorite restaurants on shore and avoid lines at check in

Edited by memoak

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

This! Is the way 😉

2 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

This is lunch in the MDR not elite waiting area at check in