3/23 Sensation Cruise NOT Sensational

sugarstick

This post is to our fellow Sensation hostages (if you were there, you know what I'm talking about). Hope you were able to find a way to feed your entire family with a quarter of a sandwich on Thursday! Nine hours with no food, water, clean diapers, updates made for a very long day. The answer from Carnival staff to our inquiries was that we were free to leave - with no luggage or refund. So we stayed and hoped things would get better.

Unfortunately, things didn't get any better for most of us. And we were afraid to complain, lest we be left stranded in the Bahamas.

This was for most of us, the worst vacation of our lives. The list is too long to print, but once again, if you were there, you know what I'm talking about.

Please share on this post how your complaints are being handled by Carnival, as we're sure you'll agree, 50.00 ain't cutt'n it! So far we've been directed to the Carnival Guest Relations office. The number is 1-800-929-6400. The hours are 8am-6pm EST. We are calling in the morning and will post an update with our results.

I have many photos of our nine hour visit to the terminal as well as photos of the ship's condition. I will post them as soon as I have recovered enough to look at them.

Hmmmmmm, 1st post.

Hmmm..... so?

Sugarstick, please stop back by and give us a few more details please? All we've heard is a few blurbs on the news. I'm glad you and your family are home safe and sound.:)

Sorry your cruise wasn't everything you expected :( That sucks... We had to wait for an excrutiating amount of time last year, but thankfully we were at a port that had restaurants and bars nearby... we weren't offered any kind of credit, but we had the bar :p LOL... I would imagine that the cruiselines don't have enough food or water in the terminal to anticipate something like this, but that didn't help you guys out... I would suggest to anyone, to please take along diapers and baby needs in your carry on... luggage can get lost and delayed, and you should take any essentials along with you...It's so important, and now alot of people will see why. I'm glad they were able to get the inspection passed and get you guys underway, the delay I'm sure didn't settle well with some.

Can you tell us about the rest of the cruise?? I'm assuming that you didn't enjoy it since you are asking for more than $50... if you can give us some details, that would be great.

The Sensation is my favorite ship... it's a shame that it doesn't seem she was complete by the date of the first sailing... I guess they should have added another week to the schedule :(

Did alot of people take advantage of Carnival's guarantee at the first port?? Is there a reason that you guys didn't??

Looking forward to the details of your cruise... Sorry you were disappointed :(

I like to put the shoe on the other foot...

Imagine if CCL cancelled the cruise -

Then the gripes would be about how could they cancel the cruise? We could have waited a few hours in the terminal...

CCL - Damned if they do; damned if they don't. :confused:

I'll probably get flamed for this but oh well... It always amazes me that there are many posters on this board that defend the cruise company no matter what...... Ship has broken engine or propulsion system that can't get the ship to a port as advertised and when the passenger are upset, the passengers get comments about how ungreatful they are.... And I'm not talking about major castrophes, where nothing can be done... But the cruiseline saying they'll go to a certain port for weeks/months on end when there's no intention due to mechanical problems.... That's not right......Or the Sensation gets hung up in a terminal, the passengers without food/water (yet to hear for sure but that's what the poster said) and they want compensation, they get comments again... I love cruising (I'm pretty much happy just being on the boat, at sea and being fed) and agree that alot of complaining is just that ... Whining and complaining.... Passengers need to learn to be flexible and have fun.. But the cruise companies aren't perfect, they make mistakes.... And they should rectify those mistakes and make it right to the passengers.... The cruise lines should be responsible when bad things happen..... And Princess cruise lines needs to make it right for the passengers of the Star Princess too....... Reminds me of the parent that thinks their child can do no wrong.....:rolleyes:

The list is too long to print, but once again, if you were there, you know what I'm talking about.

I wasn't there but am curious so can you elaborate on what went wrong at least a little bit? Obviously everyone knows about the delays in boarding on day 1 and the family that was removed in Nassau as a result of their abusive behavior since those issues were covered in the news, but can you help us understand what else went wrong that has people so upset? It seems the aggravation went far beyond the boarding delays in order to warrant this type of reaction from passengers.

Sorry your trip wasn't good...I feel for you!

This post is to our fellow Sensation hostages (if you were there, you know what I'm talking about). Hope you were able to find a way to feed your entire family with a quarter of a sandwich on Thursday! Nine hours with no food, water, clean diapers, updates made for a very long day. The answer from Carnival staff to our inquiries was that we were free to leave - with no luggage or refund. So we stayed and hoped things would get better.

Unfortunately, things didn't get any better for most of us. And we were afraid to complain, lest we be left stranded in the Bahamas.

This was for most of us, the worst vacation of our lives. The list is too long to print, but once again, if you were there, you know what I'm talking about.

Please share on this post how your complaints are being handled by Carnival, as we're sure you'll agree, 50.00 ain't cutt'n it! So far we've been directed to the Carnival Guest Relations office. The number is 1-800-929-6400. The hours are 8am-6pm EST. We are calling in the morning and will post an update with our results.

I have many photos of our nine hour visit to the terminal as well as photos of the ship's condition. I will post them as soon as I have recovered enough to look at them.

You need to face reality. The ship was delayed for safety reasons. You know or should have know that once they started boarding that it would take two or three hours to get everyone on board. There was nothing that prevented you from going to get food or drinks, etc. Clearly you had plenty of time. Until you were on board you were responsible for yourself, Carnival wasn't.

You need to take responsibilty for your own actions.

I'll probably get flamed for this but oh well... It always amazes me that there are many posters on this board that defend the cruise company no matter what...... Ship has broken engine or propulsion system that can't get the ship to a port as advertised and when the passenger are upset, the passengers get comments about how ungreatful they are.... And I'm not talking about major castrophes, where nothing can be done... But the cruiseline saying they'll go to a certain port for weeks/months on end when there's no intention due to mechanical problems.... That's not right......Or the Sensation gets hung up in a terminal, the passengers without food/water (yet to hear for sure but that's what the poster said) and they want compensation, they get comments again... I love cruising (I'm pretty much happy just being on the boat, at sea and being fed) and agree that alot of complaining is just that ... Whining and complaining.... Passengers need to learn to be flexible and have fun.. But the cruise companies aren't perfect, they make mistakes.... And they should rectify those mistakes and make it right to the passengers.... The cruise lines should be responsible when bad things happen..... And Princess cruise lines needs to make it right for the passengers of the Star Princess too....... Reminds me of the parent that thinks their child can do no wrong.....:rolleyes:

I'm not going to flame you :D But I hope you don't take this the wrong way... I'm not sure if it is the color, or the font, but your post is extremely difficult to read :( Maybe it's just me... but I couldn't get past the first 2 lines... Please don't be offended :o

Here is the local news story (with video) about the problems on the Sensation. It sounds like the refurbishment was rushed, and a lot of people, not just the OP, were very unhappy.

http://www.wesh.com/news/8294888/detail.html

I watched the video. As many people seemed happy as seemed unhappy.

The problems were that the Coast Guard apparantly did a second inspection after the ship passed the first one. (This is reported in another thread.)(http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321468)

The weather was bad and as a result a number of excursions were canceled. (Blame that on Carnival.)

THese people were mad from the get go and nothing that anyone could do would have made them happy.

Hmmmmmm, 1st post.:eek: :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmmm 87 posts, and how many were double posted like this one????

Now my other analysis, what kind of cruiser shows up on the first day and does not have the diaper bag in hand? You should know you may not see those bags till midnight or later even... Two possiblities 1) they had it in hand, which complete blows their credibility because they are exagerating for effect to work that free cruise from Carnival 2) they didn't have it and they are extremely angry with themselves for not having and are trying to blame Carnival for their lack of planning

Either way - sorry, you had a lot of options, but now is too late.

...and no, Carnival is not perfect, they are penny wise and pound foolish and should have been more prepared, and should have intervened with food etc from the ship.

I was not there, but I would venture a guess that even with a 9 hour boarding wait, the cruise was still better than a week at home. Passengers are not held hostage in a boarding area - they could leave, get a taxi, go eat, and come back if they wanted! Guess they thought the cruise began before they boarded!

Kudos to Carnival for kicking off the verbally abusive passengers. I am glad to hear they are getting tough with people who hurt other people.

You need to face reality. The ship was delayed for safety reasons. You know or shoul dhave know that once they started boarding that it would take two or three hours to get everyone on board. There was nothing that prevented you from going to get food or drinks, etc.

You need to take responsibilty for your own actions.

Have you been to Port Canaveral??? I swear I don't recall seeing anything around there such as a store, restaurant, etc. And as for getting a cab, I'm not sure how easy it would have been, and I'm sure the phones were pretty tied up as for calling a taxi. How do YOU know there was nothing that prevented them from going? We were fortunate when this happened... they gave us a time frame and we had places we could go around the terminal... I don't recall seeing much around PC.

As much as I see you comment on members posts and how they treat others on this board, it would seem you could have refrained from completely blaming the OP, considering you weren't there and have no idea what they could or couldn't do :rolleyes:

Archived