Dress code

jcool

Plan to take a carry on for cruise, since we will be touring Italy post cruise on a train.  Do I need to take up suitcase space to pack a suit jacket or are dress pants/shirt (with or without a tie) appropriate for Evening Chic nights?

1 minute ago, Kamfish642 said:

Plan to take a carry on for cruise, since we will be touring Italy post cruise on a train.  Do I need to take up suitcase space to pack a suit jacket or are dress pants/shirt (with or without a tie) appropriate for Evening Chic nights?

No, unripped jeans and polos are within the rules.  Yet, the dress code seems never to be enforced...If you don't see dress code violations including men in shorts in the MDR for dinner, you're not looking hard enough

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

I jut finished packing for Alaska (carry ons only) and for DH dark dress jeans with polos for non chic nights and black dress pants with a shirt and 2 different ties for chic night.  We like to dress up a bit so wanted the shirt and tie look.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

No, unripped jeans and polos are within the rules.  Yet, the dress code seems never to be enforced...If you don't see dress code violations including men in shorts in the MDR for dinner, you're not looking hard enough

They doing a Mediterranean cruise not a Caribbean cruise 😉

People are a bit classier on the Med never seen men’s shorts in MDR for dinner 😁

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They doing a Mediterranean cruise not a Caribbean cruise 😉

People are a bit classier on the Med never seen men’s shorts in MDR for dinner 😁

Saw guys in shorts on my 2023 Beyond Med sailing in Blu

2 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

It has been a few years since we were last on Celebrity.  If things haven't changed, casual dress is fine and most common.  No ties or coats needed.   I would say look at the short list of evening dining prohibited items (like shorts, etc).  Don't wear any of those and you will be fine.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I don't go out of my way looking for violations, just saying.   I did witness a guy ahead of us in line with shorts being turned away.  It was an European cruise.  I'm going to stick my neck out and guess the rule is not strongly enforced in Caribbean cruises.  But, honestly have never been on Celebrity in the Caribbean so don't know.  

9 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I don't go out of my way looking for violations, just saying.   I did witness a guy ahead of us in line with shorts being turned away.  It was an European cruise.  I'm going to stick my neck out and guess the rule is not strongly enforced in Caribbean cruises.  But, honestly have never been on Celebrity in the Caribbean so don't know.  

Saw shorts in Blu on my med sailing.  Do you roughly recall what they were wearing, were they swim boardshorts or golf/country club style?  What kind of shirt?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

or are dress pants/shirt (with or without a tie) appropriate for Evening Chic nights?

This is appropriate for evening chic evening attire in the MDR and othere restaurants throughout the ship.. 

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Saw shorts in Blu on my med sailing.  Do you roughly recall what they were wearing, were they swim boardshorts or golf/country club style?  What kind of shirt?

Just regular knee length walking shorts.  Country club style would probably fit.    It was at the main dining room for dinner.   

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, holidaylover10 said:

Just back from the Constellation and saw men in very casual shorts, flip flops and t-shirts in the main dining room so anything goes now.

At dinner time?  Things must have changed.  

11 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Just regular knee length walking shorts.  Country club style would probably fit.    It was at the main dining room for dinner.   

Thanks.  I have personally worn shorts in Blu yet it was that or wear dirty pants and I knew I was breaking the rules.  I have 144 nights on X since the restart, I'm in Blu, and I have never seen anyone turned away.  I'm sure it happens yet wonder if there's more to the story as in the total outfit which was why I asked about the shirt.  It probably increases your odds of getting in with shorts if you're wearing a nice button-down shirt with your hair looking nice.  This would be different if someone shows up with messy hair, a t-shirt, and board shorts

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks.  I have personally worn shorts in Blu yet it was that or wear dirty pants and I knew I was breaking the rules.  I have 144 nights on X since the restart, I'm in Blu, and I have never seen anyone turned away.  I'm sure it happens yet wonder if there's more to the story as in the total outfit which was why I asked about the shirt.  It probably increases your odds of getting in with shorts if you're wearing a nice button-down shirt with your hair looking nice.  This would be different if someone shows up with messy hair, a t-shirt, and board shorts

Sorry, missed the shirt part of the question.   I honestly can't remember.  This was in line to the main dining room.  I assumed it wasn't a one-off, but really don't know.   We have not been on Celebrity since the pandemic, so this was a while ago.  

Edited by ldubs

Also just to add to this we were sat at the Martini bar one evening and someone in a swimsuit with a cover-up arrived to order a drink. I personally think its a bit inappropriate when other people are dressed for dinner.

• Like 1