Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

:D I snagged this room for my mom. This will be her second cruise, first on Carnival. I was so excited to book this for her! She had an inside cabin on her first trip and had to share it with my sister and adult daughter. She has this cabin all to herself! Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to show her!

Wennfred,

Thanks for replying so quickly. Can you tell me if they were for "public use"?

Thanks,

Luvcdays

No, they are way too far back to be used for the Public, ocasionally you will see 2 cabin steward guys having a smoke out there.

Fred

Please make sure the 1A's you are booking are regular cabins and not wheelchair accessible cabins. Carnival doesn't always tell you.

Someone was on this board bragging about how he booked a handicapped 1A cabin for the extra room and a bigger bathroom 9 months prior to sailing. :(

There are so very few wheelchair accessible cabins on ships. Please save them for the handicapped.

If it has a larger bathroom with no lip and a seat it means it is meant for a wheelchair user.

Not judging anyone. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Thank you.

Linda

Please make sure the 1A's you are booking are regular cabins and not wheelchair accessible cabins. Carnival doesn't always tell you.

Someone was on this board bragging about how he booked a handicapped 1A cabin for the extra room and a bigger bathroom 9 months prior to sailing. :(

There are so very few wheelchair accessible cabins on ships. Please save them for the handicapped.

If it has a larger bathroom with no lip and a seat it means it is meant for a wheelchair user.

Not judging anyone. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Thank you.

Linda

Not to be ugly here but have you even read what this thread is about? Obviously you haven't. this thread is about 2 specific cabins not 1 A in general

Linda

Destiny Class has one Cat. 1a HC cabin with the Stateroom/Bathroom door width at 32 inches.

Conquest Class doesn't have any Cat. 1a HC cabins. On this class ship, they start at Cat. 4c.

Fred

Not to be ugly here but have you even read what this thread is about? Obviously you haven't. this thread is about 2 specific cabins not 1 A in general

This is one of the nicest Cat. 1a Cabins because of its size and with 2 windows and also at a lower price then the 4a. When you enter this cabin you go down a hallway then turn right into the room, so its a L Shape configuration. Its located on the starboard side of the ship way aft, almost to the back of the ship. No noise from this cabin but it was bumpy. Could be due to choppy seas. Not really sure, but I will surely book this cabin again.

Then don't be ugly, Volz. I believe this thread is about 1A cabin 2465. At least that is how it started. I am very sorry if my post upset you in any way. I apologize.

The one very nice Cat 1A cabin that was discussed on this thread is a handicapped accessible cabin according to Carnival. I just want people to know that.

Cabin number 2465 is a handicapped accessible cabin on the Carnival Liberty, Valor and Freedom.

Again, not judging anyone. Just letting everyone know.

Thank you,

Linda

Not to be ugly here but have you even read what this thread is about? Obviously you haven't.

Wow, I think the wrong person apologized.

I just called Carnival and Cabin 2465 is indeed modified for handicapped on the Valor. I don't know if it is on sister ships or not. That is why it is larger and has a larger bathroom with handicapped features.

This cabin may or may not be wheelchair accessible. It depends on the width of your wheelchair. I could certainly use it as my wheelchair is only 26". People with scooters, walkers and other mobility devices can also use it.

Leave handicapped cabins for people who are handicapped and not book them because you want a nice large cabin with a big bathroom. :eek:

Wow, I think the wrong person apologized.

I just called Carnival and Cabin 2465 is indeed modified for handicapped on the Valor. I don't know if it is on sister ships or not. That is why it is larger and has a larger bathroom with handicapped features.

This cabin may or may not be wheelchair accessible. It depends on the width of your wheelchair. I could certainly use it as my wheelchair is only 26". People with scooters, walkers and other mobility devices can also use it.

Leave handicapped cabins for people who are handicapped and not book them because you want a nice large cabin with a big bathroom. :eek:

That's what i thought. That's why I didn't book it for us for our upcoming cruise. It is still available as of this afternoon.

Daughter and sister both have MS so I'm more sensitive to the issue I guess.

Bill

As someone who has stayed in 2462/2465 multiple times (and multiple times yet to go) . . . may I highly encourage someone who needs regular use of a wheelchair to choose either of these two cabins only as a last resort. I don't see any way that they'd be the most wheelchair friendly of the ship's hc-accessible cabins. There is very limited turn radius in that narrow entry hallway, and for those which do have the two beds on the floor, basically zero space for chair/scooter storage.

These 2 cabins are not on the HC list, Also the Stateroom door is not the proper width for a standard wheelchair. Thats why its not listed on any list as a HC cabin.

The following ships start with a Cat. 4c (Cabin 6286) 34" door width HC cabin:

Conquest Class

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Glory

Carnival Valor

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Freedom

There is only one HC Cat. 1a cabin on these ships (Cabin 1309) 32 inch door width:

Destiny Class

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Victory

Fred

I SO agree. Wheelchair bound passengers deserve a chance to get cabins at last minute prices just like able-bodied people. If the cabin isn't booked 9 months out from the cruise, it doesn't mean someone won't need it before sailing. The majority of cabins are available for Able bodied people. Please don't take the few accessible cabins away from those who need them.

Yes, notice in the picture the shampoo and soap dispensers are low so a person in a wheelchair or someone needing to be seated can reach it.

Shampoo, soap dispensers, bar soap holder are not low, they are located where all other cabin dispensers are located.

No one has ever been warned or told that they could possibly get moved due to a HC person booking these 2 cabins because they are not HC cabins. Some PVP out there is once again putting out false info and by you putting out false information, any HC person that books this cabin will surely have problems getting around in it.

Fred

Linda

Linda....that was exactly my question to my TA when I booked a 1A a couple of months ago because I am going by myself this time. She said that 2462 was available because it is offered as a nice oceanview stateroom at a great price for people travelling alone. She confirmed with Carnival that it is not a handicap stateroom.

She also told me I could add 1 other person if my DH or DGS decides to go later. Of course I already knew that because of Fred (Thanks Fred;) I tried to book 2465 but it was alredy booked) and his wonderful review of his staterooms. I also told her that I did not want any upgrades...she was shocked because my DH and I ususally book a 9A:D This is my 1st offical 'Platinum' cruise too.

No one has ever been warned or told that they could possibly get moved due to a HC person booking these 2 cabins because they are not HC cabins. Some PVP out there is once again putting out false info and by you putting out false information, any HC person that books this cabin will surely have problems getting around in it.

Fred

I called Carnival again and was told again...... 2465 is modified for handicapped. Sorry, Fred. I guess Carnival told me wrong twice.

I think people are trying to make themselves feel better by saying HC will have problems getting around in it. Handicapped doesn't always mean the person is in a wheelchair. Perhaps someone with limited mobility doesn't need the extra room but needs the HC bathroom.

Any other excuses? :rolleyes:

I just called Carnival special needs department and 2465 is modified for handicapped. I didnt ask about 2462 but would guess that is as well.

By the way, I asked and Carnival doesnt bump AB from handicapped cabins. Sometimes they will call and ask if it is an emergency I was told but if the AB refuses to give up the cabin they will not move them.

I just called Carnival special needs department and 2465 is modified for handicapped. I didnt ask about 2462 but would guess that is as well.

By the way, I asked and Carnival doesnt bump AB from handicapped cabins. Sometimes they will call and ask if it is an emergency I was told but if the AB refuses to give up the cabin they will not move them.

hmm, we were able to bump an AB from an oceanview on the Liberty deck 7. a few months before final payment.

there is also a difference between a handicapped accessible cabin and one that is modified.

Archived