Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

Hello Fred,

Did you get confirmation on room 2462 for the Freedom? I booked this room yesterday hoping that it is two twins on the floor.

Thanks ML

I booked it but don't know how the beds are configured.

Fred

• 4 weeks later...
The word is that the Splendors Cat.1a cabins like these will be Oceanview cabins, Cat. 6a Looks like they do read these threads.

Fred

They are indeed Oceanview cabins. I tried booking one, but they were not 1A's. They found out our secret.

Joanne

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You certainly covered all views of the room. I hope the Freedom has the same bed configuration for 2462. That is the room that I have booked.

ML

We will find out next April, I will have a photo thread on it also.

Fred

i had a PVP check with the hotel manager on Glory and his answer was 2462 and 2465 are upper/lower. Guess we'll just have to be creative when it comes to l'amour as this cabin is too good a bargain to pass up!;)

long live l'amore. Make sure you end the evening with Je t’aime!

Yesterday I had to cancel our booking for room 2465 on the Freedom Sept 19th 2008 sailing to Greece. Friends of ours will be also giving up there 2462 cabin for the same sailing.

It was very hard to give up these rooms but something came up and forced us into it. (Our 3 yr old Cocker Spaniel suddenly developed a life threatening condition whereby her platelets dropped to only 3. We thought she wasn't going to make it. Spent a week in intensive care at the animal hospital and the vet bills cost us almost $6,000.00. Our pet insurance doesn't cover this particular illness. :( )

I hope someone from Cruise Critic manages to get these rooms.

We are thinking of changing the dogs name from Bella to Ching Ching !

However, on the bright side, our dog is recovering really well and we still have 3 caribbean cruises booked for 08 so can't complain!

We will find out next April, I will have a photo thread on it also.

Fred

Thanks Fred,

I have that room in 2/08. I will let you know what the bed configuration is, unless someone sails before me and posts it on CC. I am really hoping for that.

ML

this thread has been so helpful. I booked the liberty 2462 for 5-24-08. an dI cannot wait. I love being able to get on and see my room:)

I'm going to be on that same cruise. How far in advance did you have to book to get room 2462? My travel agent told me that 2465 is not available either and she also told me that those rooms were bunk beds. But based on these postings I think she was lying to me.

I'm going to be on that same cruise. How far in advance did you have to book to get room 2462? My travel agent told me that 2465 is not available either and she also told me that those rooms were bunk beds. But based on these postings I think she was lying to me.

It's not a matter of lying, they are just going by what they know. I had one of these cabins booked this fall and cancelled, decided I had too much else going on. My father is really ill and planned a even bigger cruise that I had to cut back, wishing I could cut it back even more, but hate to start cancelling right and left. I was going to drive up to Ohio and planned my hotel in Florida based on driving, the main trip advisor complaints are lack of fast /inexpensive food nearby.

I did rebook it for labor day 2008 on the Conquest, the only date for next fall that was not booked, so these cabins DO book up far in advance. The secret is out of the bag.

When I cancelled for this fall I posted it here hoping someone from CC could jump on.

Re: Destiny. I had room 2334 in June. It DOES have two beds on the floor. However someone else had 2335 and it had one bunk and one on the floor. Our room had a thing in the ceiling that looks like it was a bunk at one time. I have pics if anyone would like them. Email me. rburns44@netscape dot net.

Becky

Does anyone know if the Elation has a "single" room for one?

even if you booked these 1A's cabin you still will pay the single supplement fee.

The Elation does have a single room-- its a 1A category featuring a bed and an upper bed or convertible sofa.

Yesterday I had to cancel our booking for room 2465 on the Freedom Sept 19th 2008 sailing to Greece. Friends of ours will be also giving up there 2462 cabin for the same sailing.

It was very hard to give up these rooms but something came up and forced us into it. (Our 3 yr old Cocker Spaniel suddenly developed a life threatening condition whereby her platelets dropped to only 3. We thought she wasn't going to make it. Spent a week in intensive care at the animal hospital and the vet bills cost us almost $6,000.00. Our pet insurance doesn't cover this particular illness

I hope someone from Cruise Critic manages to get these rooms.

We are thinking of changing the dogs name from Bella to Ching Ching !

However, on the bright side, our dog is recovering really well and we still have 3 caribbean cruises booked for 08 so can't complain!

Disappointing as it may seem, I'm glad to see that you are a dog lover and that takes precedence.:p

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Fred,

I have that room in 2/08. I will let you know what the bed configuration is, unless someone sails before me and posts it on CC. I am really hoping for that.

ML

Don't forget to post lots of pictures of this cabin.

Thanks

Fred

This is one of the nicest Cat. 1a Cabins because of its size and with 2 windows and also at a lower price then the 4a. When you enter this cabin you go down a hallway then turn right into the room, so its a L Shape configuration. Its located on the starboard side of the ship way aft, almost to the back of the ship. No noise from this cabin but it was bumpy. Could be due to choppy seas. Not really sure, but I will surely book this cabin again.

Cabin2465_800x328.jpg

Cabin2465c_775x600.jpg

Cabin2465a_800x495.jpg

IMG_7680_400x600.jpg

[/img]IMG_7695_400x600.jpg

Ok I am new to cruising but I thought a Cat 1A was upper and lower births. This room is huge!!! YOu said cheaper than a 4A? I booked an inside guarnteed maybe I should rethink this cabin???? Sorry if I missed it but what ship is this on and what room number???:eek:

Ok I am new to cruising but I thought a Cat 1A was upper and lower births. This room is huge!!! YOu said cheaper than a 4A? I booked an inside guarnteed maybe I should rethink this cabin???? Sorry if I missed it but what ship is this on and what room number???:eek:

There are only 2 cabins like this on the Conquest Class ship, now on the Splendor, they made it into a Oceanview cabin.

Those Pics are from the Valor, cabin 2465.

Fred

the celebration wont have that type of cabin. On that class of ship the 1A is a upper/lower bed.

I think Carnival learned about those cabins being highly sought after and thats why they were changed to a 6B on the SPlendor.

Sometimes those cabins get very rocky with vibrations/shuddering. I wouldnt mind paying a 1A price but if that happened with paying a 6B price I would be upset.

Don't forget to post lots of pictures of this cabin.

Thanks

Fred

Hello Fred

I certainly will. Anything to help my fellow cc members. However I can't guarantee that they will be as good as your pictures. They are the best.

ML

Archived