Glitch with medallion shipping strikes again...

kstrittm

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@hpeabody A friend of mine sent me a check from Temecula (less than 100 miles from my house).  I received an image on my Informed Delivery that I should receive it "tomorrow".  Image is sent from the processing center, not the arrival/delivery post office.  You guessed it...never arrived.  She had to pay to place a stop payment on the check.  No recourse from USPS since she did not spend the money to register it.

Months later, the envelop arrived.  

Safe travels.

WOW!

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It seems the OM was affected after they started “trying” to do updates.

Some were affected by shipping statuses, while others had extra guest orders.  Yours is a little different.

You will have a great cruise anyway.

BTW, GS will probably credit your account, just stop by and tell them you did not receive the OM, after ordering it.  Even if you have the package, they have credited $10 per person.  YMMV

That's a great idea. We sail on August 5th and haven't received our medallions yet. We have the Plus package so shipping is free but I wouldn't mind the credit. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

WOW!

Didn't know that you guys had so many problems with USPS. Here in Canada, Post Canada is pretty much on time with their deliveries.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for us as Canadians, we don't have the luxury of being able to track them via USPS. Only when they cross the border into Canada can we get updates. Just got off the line with Princess and they said they haven't been shipped yet and we sail on August 5th. IMO the medallions should be shipped right after final payment.

6 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

Unfortunately for us as Canadians, we don't have the luxury of being able to track them via USPS. Only when they cross the border into Canada can we get updates. Just got off the line with Princess and they said they haven't been shipped yet and we sail on August 5th. IMO the medallions should be shipped right after final payment.

They can't be shipped that early because they have batteries that power them and those batteries don't last that long. I have heard many reports of people on longer sailings having their batteries die on them partway through their cruise.

6 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

That would probably cause a lot of waste.  Many change plans or cancel before sailing. Believe that is the reasoning behind shipping 2 weeks before. Who knows? 

But, yes, unfortunately we have many black holes in the USPS system.  

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

That would probably cause a lot of waste.  Many change plans or cancel before sailing. Believe that is the reasoning behind shipping 2 weeks before. Who knows? 

But, yes, unfortunately we have many black holes in the USPS system.  

Battery life is the reason they need to be shipped so close to the sail date.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Battery life is the reason they need to be shipped so close to the sail date.

That makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They can't be shipped that early because they have batteries that power them and those batteries don't last that long. I have heard many reports of people on longer sailings having their batteries die on them partway through their cruise.

True.  They last about 30 days, usually.  Very easy to get another OM if needed.  Only takes a few minutes, they don’t replace batteries, just give you a new one at GS.  Our last longer cruise was 53 days and it was replaced once.

20 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

Our app states the same "pick up at the terminal ....." so I then logged in to my account via computer and checked it there. Once to the correct screen it shows "Medallion shipped". Now whether or not it comes to fruition is yet to be seen but it does give some glimmer of hope. We leave on August 3rd.

Where do you check on their website? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You have to check on the app.  There is a web version of the app, but it rarely works.  

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Just now, kstrittm said:

You have to check on the app.  There is a web version of the app, but it rarely works.  

I am also wondering where to check on the app?

4 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I am also wondering where to check on the app?

Open the app.  You should see a tab that says, "All Set.  You're ready to sail".  Click on that. Then click on "Order Medallion".  Then click on "Order History".  It will give you the order number, the date of the order, and the status.  Until it ships, it should say, "Not yet shipped" or "in progress".

2 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

Open the app.  You should see a tab that says, "All Set.  You're ready to sail".  Click on that. Then click on "Order Medallion".  Then click on "Order History".  It will give you the order number, the date of the order, and the status.  Until it ships, it should say, "Not yet shipped" or "in progress".

I wouldn’t trust the app on that. My wife’s medallion never showed as shipped but was received last week. Once you are within 10 days or so of sailing the medallion history is not available 

3 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

7 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

Thank you! I will check.

21 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If you login to your account through a computer and you get to the "Manage your Booking" page, scroll down to where it shows "Check in with the Princess App". Just below the Google Play app icon there's a link the says "Try our Web version", click on that and that will bring you to your account page like you see in the app. Then you can check all your selections. Hope this helps

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Another good way to check is if you have USPS Informed Delivery. You can log in there and see any upcoming packages that have been entered into the system, even if they haven't actually shipped yet.

This!! I love the system. We've sailed 3 times in the past several months and each time the tracking showed our Medallion progress. It may have been a bit frustrating watching at a snails pace, but they all arrived in time -- even for our recent Alaska cruisetour which we left home a few days early 😀 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

This!! I love the system. We've sailed 3 times in the past several months and each time the tracking showed our Medallion progress. It may have been a bit frustrating watching at a snails pace, but they all arrived in time -- even for our recent Alaska cruisetour which we left home a few days early 😀 

Just don't count on tracking! My last cruise, the medallions arrived about a week before our cruise but the tracking didn't show anything except that I had ordered them. So it was a nice surprise!

2 minutes ago, pootsien2 said:

Just don't count on tracking! My last cruise, the medallions arrived about a week before our cruise but the tracking didn't show anything except that I had ordered them. So it was a nice surprise!

Just to be clear I was referring to the USPS Informed Delivery system, not Princess tracking.

On 7/22/2024 at 11:21 AM, kstrittm said:

Oh, I definitely won't let it impact my vacation.  But, why do they offer a service that they can't support?  It's frustrating...  happily, I have the package so didn't pay for shipping.  No loss for me.

AFAIK you can still get a refund for the shipping costs. Included in the "package", but you still paid for something you didn't get.

We sail in about 10 days. There was never any tracking information for our medallions, but they arrived today. The App says it is too close to the cruise to order them and to pick them up at the terminal. As long as we have the medallions can we use the green lane at the terminal even if the App says we do not have them?

4 minutes ago, PaulS said:

We sail in about 10 days. There was never any tracking information for our medallions, but they arrived today. The App says it is too close to the cruise to order them and to pick them up at the terminal. As long as we have the medallions can we use the green lane at the terminal even if the App says we do not have them?

Yes, you can.  They don’t even check the App.  They just want to see your Medallion and passports/documents.

8 minutes ago, PaulS said:

they arrived today. The App says it is too close to the cruise to order them and to pick them up at the terminal.

Seems to be a default message.  IT department isn't the smartest or the brightest.