$11 drink in signature (gratuity ?)

If you get an $11 drink (with signature pkg) do you pay extra for the gratuity or is that included as well.  I’m reading conflicting information 🤷‍♀️ 

Thanks for any helpful responses!

Posted (edited)

If it says $11. on the menu, it is included in the HIA package with whatever the 18% gratuity is….  You pay nothing extra. 

Edited by Gigi1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Al2863 said:

If you get an $11 drink (with signature pkg) do you pay extra for the gratuity or is that included as well.  I’m reading conflicting information 🤷‍♀️ 

Thanks for any helpful responses!

You do not pay extra, it is included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is unfortunate that some people post incorrect information on FB and YouTube. Gratuities are included on an $11 drink if you have a Signature beverage package. Here is the info from the HAL site.

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced at US$11 or less and beverage service charges. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, 0106 said:

It is unfortunate that some people post incorrect information on FB and YouTube.

There is plenty of misinformation out there. Unfortunately, it does show up here on Cruise Critic too. We recently had a thread with a title based on misinformation that went on for days.

• Like 2

No gratuity if the drink is $11 or less. If the drink is over $11 you will be charged for the amount over plus 18% gratuity. If the drink is $12 you will pay $1.00 plus $.18 gratuity or $1.18 total.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2024 at 5:05 PM, Al2863 said:

Even if it’s added to the 11 on the receipt you sign?

That's just for internal bookkeeping. I actually never noticed it. There is a line for extra tipping, as well -- I add a dollar every few drinks, esp. with repeat servers -- saves me having to bring five dollar bills and trying to find the good ones on the last day!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

That's just for internal bookkeeping. I actually never noticed it. There is a line for extra tipping, as well -- I add a dollar every few drinks, esp. with repeat servers -- saves me having to bring five dollar bills and trying to find the good ones on the last day!

I think it's interesting that HAL counts your onboard spending up to $300 per day for accruing additional "days" toward your star status, and disregards the HIA promotion is making the calculation. In other words, you get credit for your HIA consumption as if you were paying out of pocket. That's how DW and I achieved 4-star status much sooner than we expected. Free laundry!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Petronillus said:

I think it's interesting that HAL counts your onboard spending up to $300 per day for accruing additional "days" toward your star status, and disregards the HIA promotion is making the calculation. In other words, you get credit for your HIA consumption as if you were paying out of pocket. That's how DW and I achieved 4-star status much sooner than we expected. Free laundry!

Yeah, it's a loophole that they haven't realized exists.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2024 at 3:48 PM, Petronillus said:

It's not your HIA consumption. The spend credits.calculation uses the maximum price of 15 drinks for your package, even if you don't order any drinks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

It's not your HIA consumption. The spend credits.calculation uses the maximum price of 15 drinks for your package, even if you don't order any drinks.

I stand corrected. It's even better than I thought. Are DW & I speeding our way toward 5 stars?

On 8/3/2024 at 9:40 AM, highscar said:

I read a bar menu in January and only one drink was inder $12.00. 

Yes, the bars’ menus often only have selected, higher-priced, specialty cocktails. Almost every regular pour cocktail you can name will be on the $11 list.