New Protocol for Grand Turk

Sounds like no big deal to me. Locals are still allowed to attend the cruise center when it's open, they just have to register first. I have friends that regularly vacation in Grand Turk and they loved going to the cruise center a couple times during their vacation. They just wished it was open when the ships left but there isn't enough local business to make it worthwhile. 

What's their rule at other ports? I don't recall needing to show ID to get back into Mahogany Bay in Roatan until you actually enter the pier (like Grand Turk). Maybe we did need to show our cruise cards at the gates by the parking lot and I just don't remember. But I would think that place would need to be more concerned about locals entering than Grand Turk would be. 

I don't know how this would stop the locals from entering the port from the beach. Its been a few years since I've been to Grand Turk, but I don't remember barriers on the beach separating the port. 

1 hour ago, pohlerbear said:

I don't know how this would stop the locals from entering the port from the beach. Its been a few years since I've been to Grand Turk, but I don't remember barriers on the beach separating the port. 

I don't think there is. It's been a couple years for me too, but even in current pics posted by others I don't see a barrier for walking up and down the beach. I didn't look it up, but maybe the beach is considered public up to a certain point, so they couldn't technically keep people off there anyway. Maybe someone else knows if the beach is considered public?

Yeah, it's been years for us as well, and no there was nothing preventing people from walking along the beach. That was how most people went to Jack's Shack as well.