Queen Elizabeth aft or mid aft cabin

Megabear2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

BA's flight times are indeed released at 355 days, but they won't change much since SEA is right on the edge of some restrictions on flight times and crew hours. If they change it too much they have to add extra crew and that costs money. So there will likely be a 11:30 and 18:00 hrs options for arrival into SEA-TAC, as the airport is called, so long as they continue with 2 flights a day.

Seattle is one of the few big airports in the USA with fully sensible public transport, so your fastest and cheapest route to Pine Street is going to be on the Sound Transit service to Westlake, around 35 minutes. $3 (there is a reduced fare for those over 65 years old but they make it tricky for non residents to get that). It's 400 metres downhill from the station to the hotel, so I guess it depends on your luggage there.

Uber will be about $50 to $60 SEA-TAC to Pine Street, and Cruise Terminal to airport is nearer $65. Hotel to Cruise Terminal around $20, maybe a bit less.

Take comfortable shoes for exploring Seattle, it's surprisingly hilly!

Thank you very much.  A lot cheaper than the transfers that way.  I'll ensure I pack conservatively so I can carry my luggage to go by transit. It will be a big adventure and another mode of transportation to add to my growing list of " different " journeys. The seaplane will hopefully add another. I've failed three times due to weather cancellations in previous attempts in Dubai and Canada so maybe this will be the lucky one.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2