are CLS on symphony haunted? 13 left 1 month before sailing

Just did a mock booking for 1748  ,  $ 11,510 CAD  for 2 people . 

That would be enough of a deterrence for me.

Good scenario for royal ups though .

• Like 8

There are 17 left for the end of Sept.  I have a suite guarantee so I would love to get one but trying not to get my hopes up too much.  When we booked there was a JS guarantee and a suite guarantee.  I chose the suite so does that make a difference when it comes time to assign cabins?  We're fairly new with RCL and this is the first time I booked a guarantee.

Overpriced and the stairs are a deterrent for a lot of people. I’ve been in a few CLSes and I’d book an OS over one any time if I’m going to spend that kind of money. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Overpriced and the stairs are a deterrent for a lot of people. I’ve been in a few CLSes and I’d book an OS over one any time if I’m going to spend that kind of money. 

They're certainly expensive, but everyone is different.  We've had the 2br GS on Oasis class in the past, but much prefer the CL.

Edited by bucfan2

27 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

Our Symphony sailing the end of September has18 CL's available.   At a price of $8200 for two, not interested.  

As of earlier this evening there are none showing.  They must be doing something with them because there is no way they booked all of them in a matter of hours.

I had a crown loft on Allure , and enjoyed the location close to the suite lounge and coastal kitchen . Liked the spongy carpet in the extra wide hall ways.

The two bathrooms was a plus and we can still navigate the stairs so it was a nice experience.

I dont know if i would opt for one again though , as an ocean view balcony with a dining package

along with our free diamond drinks makes for a more reasonably priced cruise.

• Like 1

Same for my cruise mid-Sept. I've got a Royal Up in! We had 20+ CLS open and saw a bunch of people on the Book Group got their Royal Ups. They gave away about 8 cabins so far. Let's go for more!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Probably, but I can still hope. 🤞

They do have two different categories of GTY suites - one for JS and above and another for full suites. If you booked a full suite GTY, you’ll definitely get a GS or above. I can’t remember the different codes. 

We had a CLS on Oasis in March 2023... We paid ~6K. We loved it and I'd pay that again but that is my upper threshold price wise.  I understand the stairs are a problem for those with mobility problems but so far that isn't our issue. 😉 

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We had a CLS on Oasis in March 2023... We paid ~6K. We loved it and I'd pay that again but that is my upper threshold price wise.  I understand the stairs are a problem for those with mobility problems but so far that isn't our issue. 😉 

If I ever saw one this cheap I'd book it too. Every time I've looked they're always $7k per person, but I sail during busy seasons usually. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crism said:

Same for my cruise mid-Sept. I've got a Royal Up in! We had 20+ CLS open and saw a bunch of people on the Book Group got their Royal Ups. They gave away about 8 cabins so far. Let's go for more!

What are you moving from and how much was your minimum bid? Thinking about doing the same for an upcoming sailing.

We've stayed in a CLS a few times on Harmony and Symphony and love the location. We always book the day the sailings open up so we have been able to pay as low as $5200 for two people. I think the other two times it was around $5400 and $5800, but like most cruises the prices jump quickly after the first couple days of going on sale.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

What is CLS?

Thank you for asking!! I was wondering the same! I’m always in an interior suite:)

Edited by boontj2003

11 hours ago, HicksRA said:

They do have two different categories of GTY suites - one for JS and above and another for full suites. If you booked a full suite GTY, you’ll definitely get a GS or above. I can’t remember the different codes. 

Ours is listed as Deluxe/Suites Guarantee.

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

There’s usually a WS GTY which is the generic suite GTY and then a specific suite category, like GS GTY, though the latter is very rare. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

As of earlier this evening there are none showing.  They must be doing something with them because there is no way they booked all of them in a matter of hours.

You're right!  Just checked.  Maybe they are all being assigned to suite guarantees and royalups?  Hope you score one!!