How to get a new PVP?

coco2/27

My Princess Vacation Planner has dropped the ball one — or more — too many times…

Any advice on how to obtain a new and reliable PVP?  

We like to book our hotel stay with Princess for the transfer convenience ( I know most people disagree with this ), and she just couldn’t seem to be able to follow through with this, among other items.

Suggestions, or advice on obtaining a new and competent Princess vacation planner?

thank you in advance 🙏

1 minute ago, coco2/27 said:

My Princess Vacation Planner has dropped the ball one — or more — too many times…

We like to book our hotel stay with Princess for the transfer convenience ( I know most people disagree with this ), and she just couldn’t seem to be able to follow through with this, among other items.

Suggestions, or advice on obtaining a new and competent Princess vacation planner?

thank you in advance 🙏

You can always call and request a new one. However no one here can give you names of CVP’s that they like to work with. It is not in the rules of the board 

4 minutes ago, coco2/27 said:

thank you in advance 🙏

How far out is your cruise?  Might not be your PVP's fault.  My PVP has told us that when she has been adding pre-cruise hotel stays to a lot of her bookings she is only seeing "Waitlisted".  This happened to us for a cruise that is more than a year away.  We have been added to the waitlist.  Once the hotels pricing becomes available, we will decide if we want to keep the pre-cruise hotel.

If you really want to switch PVPs then just call the number that you would call to reach your PVP, but don't put their extension in.

That’s what my PVP was saying, except she said she couldn’t even add us to a waitlist.  Finally, just before final payment, I called the general Princess phone number, and also sent an email to her and to one other contact at Princess.  Through this other contact and the general Princess phone contact, I was finally able to get a one night stay only, rather than the three nights that we had originally wanted.  Since I then had to change my flight, additional costs occurred with that.  In addition, despite that email final hotel request sent to both my Princess planner and my other contact, I did not even receive any response or further contact from her….

As an FYI...

Per my CVP, post pandemic, Princess only has guaranteed pre/post cruise availability one day pre/post cruise.  Anything over that, and you're put on a waitlist until someone from the department that handles hotel reservations can put together a quote, which in itself takes time because there's a back and forth that goes on and there's no telling when the hotel will answer back.  My CVP says that it's harder and harder for Princess to get availability and their contracted rates because hotels don't want to give discounted rates to offset their increased costs.  If it's too close to the cutoff, and my CVP didn't say what the cutoff was, the system won't even let you put in a waitlist.  In addition, it costs Princess extra to hire the airport greeter and it really doesn't make sense for them to hire them if there's only a few people flying in on a specific day.  Princess really needs to update the section on their website that deals with pre/post hotels because the sample rates are given as 2 nights and the rates posted are no longer accurate.

If I were you, I would have considered ditching the Princess hotel booking altogether and booked the hotels on my own to save money and to save from having to rebook flights.  IMO, the only cities where it makes sense to book pre/post hotels directly with Princess is London for Southampton and Santiago for San Antonio/Valparaiso, because the ports are far and the transfers are expensive.  In the case of London, a private ride from from the airport to the hotel are included when booking hotels with Princess, which in itself can cost a fortune, so it is worth it.