Thoughts On 3 In Cabin

We booked a Christmas cruise at a very good rate with Club Orange for just the two of us. Free upgrade to Veranda Spa on deck 10 on the Koningsdam so we are very pleased with the whole thing. To make things nicer our adult granddaughter will be coming in from Europe and we want her to go with us…however that puts 3 in that cabin. 

My dilemma is should we just “manage” for 7 days being crowded. It is a warm weather cruise, so we will not be spending a ton of time in the cabin as if it were  cold. Suggestions ..thoughts are really appreciated. Thanks. 

I have shared a veranda cabin with 3 in the cabin a number of times. You can manage, particularly if two of you share the queen bed. When it becomes hard to manage is when the beds are separated because there is then no room between the pull out and the bed.  we just made sure we put the bed up first thing in the morning and if the cabin stewards pulled it out in the evening we just popped it back and used the couch for sitting until actual bed time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have done it with my DH and DD, my husband and his sister, and with my 2 sister. We all still love each other. But when the week was done we were glad to have some time apart! The cruise with our daughter was 18 days.

Edited by Stpatsirish

I have done this - on the K'dam on deck 10 (as well as others) and lived. Even managed to enjoy the cruise!

We do as @Stpatsirish said - extra bed goes away as soon as that person is up in the am and comes out again only at bedtime. The struggle tends to be the bathroom. But you can do it. Remember, there is always the spa available for larger showers and restrooms if you need them.

I would keep the fabulous rate, enjoy DGDs company, and make some fabulous memories.

Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

It works better I think if everybody is more or less on the same schedule instead of 1 or 2 being night people vs. the others being morning people particularly when one or more of you are light sleepers.  But as @Haljo1935 pointed out, it could create bathroom bottlenecks.  

Tip: the changing rooms near the gym have showers, nice ones with shower doors!

12 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

7 days with two considerate people you get along with should be easy.  Check with HAL - on some sailings the third person sails free (except port taxes)

Yes we added her yesterday and only had to pay the taxes. That is a great deal.