Does ROTS have self service laundry?

RC added 3(?) Self Serve Laundries on Serenade for the UWC, but limited access to only those booked on the full UWC.

No idea what they will do after the UWC is completed. Will they take them back out?

2 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

RC added 3(?) Self Serve Laundries on Serenade for the UWC, but limited access to only those booked on the full UWC.

No idea what they will do after the UWC is completed. Will they take them back out?

That or leave them in case do another Similar(but Shorter) Cruise or Employees use. Doubt they'd ever use them after she returns back to her usual sailings

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

Do we know how big that laundry room was?

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Do we know how big that laundry room was?

Physical Size? I don't know if anyone has reported that, but you could ask here. I can't imagine it's much much larger than the space necessary for the machines:

As for machine counts, 3 sets each in 3 rooms, for a total of 9 pairs was reported here:

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Even carnival quit putting them on their newer ships. I think because both lines have laundry as a perk and so many get this perk, it just wasnt used enough to be worth it.

Princess is the only cl I know of that still has them.    

Posted (edited)

They are still in operation here on Serenade....but very..very busy all the time.  Limited machines for the approx. 700 full world cruisers only.  We of the quarters (and those of the mini segments) don't have access.  We were on first quarter and now last quarter...so just doing half.  

I am assuming they will be pulled out of service once the WC is complete.  

Indeed we have "boil and fry" bag laundry included, and my hand wash system works well.  😉 

20231226_080051.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Azamara and Oceania have laundry rooms for guests, available for no additional cost. 

7 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Not sure if they still have them on the newer Disney ships or if they are still available on their older ships, but when we sailed on Disney, we always booked on decks without the laundry rooms because we couldn't stand the smell from them in the corridors.🙁

• Haha 1

I used to really appreciate them on the older Carnival ships, especially on the B2Bs. I wish Royal would add them, I think they would get used a lot. I wouldn't dream of paying what the cruise lines charge for wash and fold service, but I would spend a few bucks to do it myself. 

14 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Viking has them on every deck.  Free of charge including soap.  Great perc.

Nice perk indeed....but I like the send out service we get for free with suites.  All clothes come back within hours, pressed and on hangers.  Even the undies are neatly folded and placed in a wooden box with tissue paper.  Spoiled!!!!  🥰

• Like 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice perk indeed....but I like the send out service we get for free with suites.  All clothes come back within hours, pressed and on hangers.  Even the undies are neatly folded and placed in a wooden box with tissue paper.  Spoiled!!!!  🥰

Absolutely!  We were in a JS last sailing and DW got a real kick out of having her socks returned nicely wrapped in that box.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

For what you're paying to cruise on Viking, it better be free.

Last VO cruise we paid under $275/night.  Considering that included wifi, beer& wine, shore excursion in every port, free specialty restaurants free self-serve laundry and them nights featuring all the lobster you can eat I consider them a bargain.  Deals exist, you just need to do your homework.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Last VO cruise we paid under $275/night.  Considering that included wifi, beer& wine, shore excursion in every port, free specialty restaurants free self-serve laundry and them nights featuring all the lobster you can eat I consider them a bargain.  Deals exist, you just need to do your homework.

Indeed.  We paid double that per night on the WC on Serenade in a regular balcony cabin....with far less perks.  

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Indeed.  We paid double that per night on the WC on Serenade in a regular balcony cabin....with far less perks.  

Know you were on several segments of WC.  What did you think of it?  DW & 2 DD just off the Southampton - Copenhagen leg.  Great itinerary, price not bad but most disappointing food & entertainment they've experienced in 25 years with Royal.  Twice waiter apologized for dinner menu and suggested they'd be better off eating in Windjammer.  Group of world cruisers told them food initially good but had deteriorated to the point where they were now eating their main meals ashore.  What little entertainment they had was mediocre.  Fortunately the Baltic ports did not disappoint.  Hopefully upcoming sailings on Symphony and Oasis will be better.

14 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Know you were on several segments of WC.  What did you think of it?  DW & 2 DD just off the Southampton - Copenhagen leg.  Great itinerary, price not bad but most disappointing food & entertainment they've experienced in 25 years with Royal.  Twice waiter apologized for dinner menu and suggested they'd be better off eating in Windjammer.  Group of world cruisers told them food initially good but had deteriorated to the point where they were now eating their main meals ashore.  What little entertainment they had was mediocre.  Fortunately the Baltic ports did not disappoint.  Hopefully upcoming sailings on Symphony and Oasis will be better.

I can tell you this...we won't do another WC if RCI offers one.  Too overpriced and not up to normal standards indeed.  

We are still on the ship, having done the first quarter (63 nights) then rejoined to do last quarter (62 nights) back to Miami.  

274 would have been too much for us, and even doing half the WC...we are ready to go home.  

On 8/16/2024 at 6:16 PM, Baron Barracuda said:

Viking has them on every deck.  Free of charge including soap.  Great perc.

Cunard also has self service laundry facilities 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

I did the 16 night to Southampton sector.  I thought the food was fine. No different really from our last September's Royal Caribbean cruise.

Not outstanding, but OK. 

From talking to full WC friends on board I gather a lot of the WC's don't eat much in the MDR and indeed it was barely a third full most nights.  We did have lobster twice which is unusual on a Mediterranean cruise.

The Windjammer on our three sea days was excellent for lunch. 

The entertainment IMO varied from very good to pretty bad.  Frankie and the Dreamers did a great set and a half.

The full WC singers I thought were excellent, both in their joint and individual shows. As were the orchestra. 

They seem to be doing what they call 'folkloric' shows now,  which were mixed. The Irish music and dancing in Cork were excellent .

Most shows had a standing ovation 👏 at the end

Entertainment on these smaller ships is always a bit mixed, but I thought better than most small ship Med cruises

Edited by sgmn