Back on Grandiosa in October!

raino144

We’ll be back on Grandiosa out of Marseille 14th October with the kids now 6 and 3 1/2.

The upgrade ‘fairy’ has sent out the email to offer the RS upgrade for £1,370 bid - we are currently back in our favoured Duplex with Hot Tub suite as it has the full height glass balcony.

It’s still a bit tempting, but the balcony not being full height all the way round in the RS might just be a deal breaker for us. May be a useful data point for some.

Looking forward to being back on Grandiosa - our favourite MSC ship so far!

And in a Voyagers Club quirk, I and my 6 year old son are both Diamond, my wife and 3 year old are both Gold. Not that it makes any difference on board, but just another example of MSC ‘strangeness’ going on.

I did have to call MSC to have the OBC added to the booking, but apart from that it has been a smooth booking experience so far. Our UK based TA managed to secure a reasonable discount from the published fare.

Checking online, only interior cabins are now offered for sale on the sailing so wondering if the RS upgrade is available or not.

As you’ll be aware, the Duplexes on Deck 12 are outside the YC ‘enclave’ but this has never been an issue for us, our kids make friends with the concierge as soon as they arrive and the staff love them, so when we arrive in Top Sail there’s no question of whether we ‘belong’ in YC 🙂 

Kids are already looking forward to Kids Club, Pepsi Max and lots of ice cream.

Looking forward to a smooth drive down to Marseille, a short stay there for a couple of nights before parking at the cruise terminal. We’ve visited al the destinations before, for us the ship is our ‘destination’. 

Let me know if there is anything you want to know about sailing in Europe with kids and I’ll try and answer here.