Bimini Beach tram/transfer question

GVM

Hey guys,

Just booked a January 2025 5-day Miami, Key West, Bimini cruise. Woop woop.

Regarding Bimini: Walking from the ship to the beach club seems to be a no-go in the heat, so I am stuck to the tram.

Normally my day starts late, so I am expecting to leave the ship around 1100hrs in the morning and expect to go back to the ship as late as possible.

I hate any form of public transport, so not a big fan of the every 15 minute complimentary tram. Are there private transfers available and do you know the prices?

And if I use the tram heading back to the ship, let's say at 1700hrs, do I have to queue at the Beach Club for the tram, or is the majority of the people already back on the ship around that time?

I have not seen any private transportation on the docking pier. The beach club is a mile away and you are right, it’s too hot to walk (for me anyway). The tram should not be too crowded at 11 as many go very early to get good seats by the pool. If at all possible, take the tram to the first stop called Fisherman’s Village. There you can get a taxi or rent a golf cart for anywhere you’d like to go. Beach Club is the second stop. People usually start to leave the club at 1500 hours to get to the ship to shower and get ready for dinner. You might be bored at the beach club until 1700. There would not be a big queue if any at that time. It has become more of an early morning/afternoon thing. Always check the “be back onboard” time in the elevator 😄

• Like 1

Originally they kept the Beach Club open till after dark and had a bonfire, but the realized that only the crew was there.  Most people hit the island early and head back early .  In reality, it is impossible to predict how many people will want a tram at what time as that will depend on how many people are on board, weather, etc.  We haven't had waiting issues, but we haven't cruised on a nearly full ship either.

• Like 2

you may already know this but the "tram" is like an open air parking lot tram you see at amusement parks like Disney - it's not a shuttle bus. In my experience there has been no issue at all getting a tram when needed to and from the ship.  

The tram picks you up right on the pier - so if you didn't want to take the tram you would have to walk the length of the pier to Resorts World where you could get a taxi.  The tram also stops here, but if you are already on the tram, no reason to get off and pay for a taxi.  

I think you would take as much time walking to Resorts World as you would spend waiting for a tram, and that's if there isn't one waiting for you. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Bimini a few times including a few weeks ago on a Celebrity ship.  If you look at the pics Essies posted the golf cart rental area is at the end of the pier and to the left.  Not a hard walk to do.  The cart rental area is just a bunch of carts and locals asking if you want to rent.  We did a 4 seater for $100, I'm sure I could have haggled it down but wasn't worried about saving a few bucks.  Pay the guy in cash and off you go.  No rental agreement or any paperwork like that.  A buddy rented a 6 seater for $120.

Warning, if you don't want to walk to the cart rental location and take the tram, the tram will do it's loop to the beach resort stop, world resort stop, and then the last stop before back at the ship which is the Fisherman's Village stop where the carts are.

If you do rent, the island to the right (South) of the pier (looking from the ship) is more of a local area with conch salad/fritter stands, little bars, and beach areas (Radio Beach is nice).  We brought a cooler and bought a few beers for the ride at one of the little liquor stores.  Just google map it and you can see all the places to stop. Someone also did a full video tour of the island from a cart and posted it on youtube.

To the left is basically resorts world and the beach club.  When we did a VV cruise we rented a cart and explored the south end of the island then spent the rest of the day at the beach club.  When we had enough, we took the cart back to the rental area, dropped it off, and walked back to the ship.

Hope this helps!!

• Like 2