Princess bus from Sanford airport to Port Everglades?

ecs66

A few years ago, Princess ran a bus within Florida to transport their passengers to/from the cruise port.  Does anyone know if this is still a thing?  We hope to fly in to Sanford, and are figuring out now how to get down to the terminal.

A few times I spent some pre-cruise time in Orlando. I rented a one way car and drove the roughly 3 1/2 hours from Orlando to FLL airport dropped the car, and then took a taxi from the airport to the pier.

Why are you choosing Sanford Airport? The Ft. Lauderdale Airport is less than a half hour from the pier. Even Miami Airport is closer, about 45 minutes. 

To my knowledge there is no Princess bus in FL.  You could Uber to the Brightline rail terminal at the Orlando airport and take the train. Princess does offer a special where you check your luggage with Brightline and it is checked through to the ship for you.  I believe Princess provides transit from the rail station to PE.   Check the Brightline website for details.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Why are you choosing Sanford Airport?

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

Does Allegiant fly into Ft Laud or Miami out of Knoxville?

Choosing Sanford because Allegiant's schedule to FL the week of our cruise would require us to get there four days early.  Flights to Sanford are more frequent, and the hours of the day are better.

We use Allegiant almost exclusively, so are very familiar with the airline, their destinations, etc.  It just isn't working out this time, sadly.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, knbcruisers said:

You could Uber to the Brightline rail terminal at the Orlando airport and take the train.

Thank you ... Yeah.  We looked into Brightline.  Would have to get from Sanford to Orlando.   Just too much traipsing around.  Day before the cruise we'll probably will take the flight to Sanford, rent a car, drive to FL.  Already have a hotel reserved for that night.  Thank you for you suggestion.

5 minutes ago, ecs66 said:

Judging by the laugh emoji, apparently that was funny.  How?  Why?

soory if it was my laugh - just waiting for you to return and clarify.

We are HUGE Allegiant fans, believe me ... and fully understand what we are purchasing and the limitations

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

soory if it was my laugh - just waiting for you to return and clarify.

We are HUGE Allegiant fans, believe me ... and fully understand what we are purchasing and the limitations

Oh.  Now I understand.  I was flummoxed.  We're similar.  If Allegiant doesn't to "There", neither do we.