Celebrity Apex - Aquaclass guarantee

Victory!

We are thinking about booking an aqua class guarantee. SO and I are both newish cruisers and first time Celebrity cruisers.

we are looking at an Aquaclass guarantee. I’m under the impression that means you do not get to choose your own suite.

My question is are there any bad choices?

Anyone with previous experience let me know what it good, bad, so so?

OK Would you ever do it again?

thanks in advance for your help! 

Posted (edited)

Looking at the deck plans, all AQ seem to have cabins above and below them so that is good.  You may be quite a ways back towards the aft of the ship if you care about that.  Also you may know already that this category of cabin does not have a traditional balcony, but rather an infinite balcony.  Some love them; some (like me) hate them as I spend a lot of time on my balcony.  Keep in mind once assigned, you have to take the cabin they assign you - you can't switch to a better location (you can always try, but the general rule is that you can't)

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

Thank you! I did wonder if we’re stuck with whatever we get. Other than the sunset? At the back, I figured it would be the infinite balcony. I doubt I’ll be a fan. I just hope it won’t have a big lifeboat in front of us. I don’t mind being toward the back, closer to the food, right?

my guy smokes so I would guess that’s back there too.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Victory! said:

Thank you! I did wonder if we’re stuck with whatever we get. Other than the sunset? At the back, I figured it would be the infinite balcony. I doubt I’ll be a fan. I just hope it won’t have a big lifeboat in front of us. I don’t mind being toward the back, closer to the food, right?

my guy smokes so I would guess that’s back there too.

Very unlikely you will have a lifeboat obstruction.  Not closer to the food and your guy ain't smoking on those decks.

Edited by Liao

2 hours ago, Liao said:

Very unlikely you will have a lifeboat obstruction.  Not closer to the food and your guy ain't smoking on those decks.

I thought there were allowable smoking areas.

2 minutes ago, Victory! said:

There are smoking areas outdoors.  They can vary by ship but generally at least one on deck 5. one on the pool deck, and one by the Sunset bar. I’m 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There are smoking areas outdoors.  They can vary by ship but generally at least one on deck 5. one on the pool deck, and one by the Sunset bar. I’m 

Thank you so much.

he will be happy, me, not so much! 😏

10 hours ago, Victory! said:

There are several.  One is just outside of the Eden bar and it’s quite large with amazing aft views.  There is another near the sunset bar and one just above the mast grill in the pool area.

• Thanks 1

I just booked this for my husband and I. We weren’t planning on taking a cruise until next fall .But the deal we got for this cruise on November 16 in an aqua class guarantee room was ridiculous!

• Like 1

There are some cabins with obstructions look at the deck plan.  The cabin may be next to those that extend out.   There is also the preference if you want the bed to be by the bath or the veranda.  Pros and cons for each.   There is also the preference of being close to the lifts, stairs, area of the  ship, side of the ship,  and deck.   If the savings is enough and you don’t really care about any of that stuff then go for it .   Who knows, you might be upgraded to a premium suite.  It helps if you say you are celebrating a birthday, honeymoon, and anniversary.  🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 5:21 PM, kathrynb0626 said:

I just booked this for my husband and I. We weren’t planning on taking a cruise until next fall .But the deal we got for this cruise on November 16 in an aqua class guarantee room was ridiculous!

On 8/26/2024 at 12:12 AM, miched said:

There are some cabins with obstructions look at the deck plan.  The cabin may be next to those that extend out.   There is also the preference if you want the bed to be by the bath or the veranda.  Pros and cons for each.   There is also the preference of being close to the lifts, stairs, area of the  ship, side of the ship,  and deck.   If the savings is enough and you don’t really care about any of that stuff then go for it .   Who knows, you might be upgraded to a premium suite.  It helps if you say you are celebrating a birthday, honeymoon, and anniversary.  🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you! I am hopeful that we will be pleasantly surprised with the cabin. I’ve been curious about the aqua class experience and Celebrity in general. It’s a milestone birthday for me and we are super excited.

• Like 1

We booked an aquaclass guarantee for November on the Apex. We only cruise aquaclass as we love eating in Blu as we like the quality of the food and we like the intimacy of the small dining room. We had an infinite veranda on the Beyond in March and we really liked the extra space it gave us. It looks like all the available aqusclass cabins are in the aft and we are fine with that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 39august said:

I assume you are aware that Aqua class cabins have Blu as their assigned dining room for breakfast and dinner. Lunch is not served in Blu. 

Yes, we are aware. I’ve been reading (and watching) reviews.  We are definitely looking forward to it.