Celebrity Eclipse Sky Lounge closed during 12 day cruise

quicklabs

We are also on the current Eclipse Iceland cruise, and were on the previous cruise from Cape Liberty to Iceland. On the first leg of this B2B the Sky Lounge was well visited on the numerous, very chilly, sea days. The whale watching and dolphin spotting from the lounge was excellent! The only downside was the very loud volume of the trivia events also ongoing in the lounge.

Now on the current cruise with the Sky Lounge closed, the only temperature controlled space with windows is the Oceanview Cafe, which has been packed with campers  (including myself) who would normally be in the Sky Lounge.

I did provide feedback to the HD a few days ago. See screenshot below of what I submitted. 

IMG_2111.thumb.jpeg.ae6ac7eafcc435b6b0816602fc84db44.jpeg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, QuestionEverything said:

Celebrity is not a Premium cruise line.

Celebrity is the highest level of the mass cruise lines.

Premium and luxury lines use smaller ships, are without ship within a ship, treat all customers very close to the same, have longer and more exotic destinations.

Thats fair, at the point in my life I am at now, the much longer cruises don’t work for my Wife and I. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PIC33 said:

We are also on the current Eclipse Iceland cruise, and were on the previous cruise from Cape Liberty to Iceland. On the first leg of this B2B the Sky Lounge was well visited on the numerous, very chilly, sea days. The whale watching and dolphin spotting from the lounge was excellent! The only downside was the very loud volume of the trivia events also ongoing in the lounge.

Now on the current cruise with the Sky Lounge closed, the only temperature controlled space with windows is the Oceanview Cafe, which has been packed with campers  (including myself) who would normally be in the Sky Lounge.

I did provide feedback to the HD a few days ago. See screenshot below of what I submitted. 

THANK YOU!!!! for actually providing feedback to Celebrity.  I was starting to wonder if anyone said anything.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PIC33 said:

IMG_2111.thumb.jpeg.ae6ac7eafcc435b6b0816602fc84db44.jpeg

We have friends on this sailing , I guess I will hear all about it in a couple of days 😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

THANK YOU!!!! for actually providing feedback to Celebrity.  I was starting to wonder if anyone said anything.

I Emailed the executive office (Miami) late yesterday afternoon. Haven't heard anything back yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PIC33 said:

Edited by Cruiscs

3 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

Premium and luxury lines use smaller ships, are without ship within a ship, treat all customers very close to the same, have longer and more exotic destinations.

Truth

• Like 2

4 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

Which cruise lines are premium?

Edited by Cruiscs

6 hours ago, the penguins said:

The noise from the back of the theatre, the bar stool type seats just as you enter, is beyond just annoying for those of us who have to use the disabled seats just in front of them. We have asked numerous Cruise Directors to make a friendly announcement asking for passengers to respect the performers and other guests by not talking during the performance or to move to a different venue- none have done it. 

Oh, I hear you.  Folks just do not want to behave at all.  People who come in late and then talk loudly and bother folks, well I say they should have the back monitored for late comers and send them to the balcony.

If over time one sees that nothing is done to noisy people., they everyone ends up doing it too.

Sort of like speeding on the road.  Shame on cruise lines for overlooking bad behavior. But they are scared of being written up. 

I find more well-behaved kids on Disney ships than I do adults on the other lines.

MY biggest peeve is when I am trying to record something in a show (that is allowed) and nearby folks are whistling and cheer way too loud or talking.  It is a real chore to find a spot to record without nearby loud chatter and overly loud cheering.  Just clap for pete's sake.

31 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

MY biggest peeve is when I am trying to record something in a show (that is allowed) and nearby folks are whistling and cheer way too loud or talking.  It is a real chore to find a spot to record without nearby loud chatter and overly loud cheering.  Just clap for pete's sake.

This must be one of the funnest thing I have read in a very long time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 5

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Among the RCG, only Silversea fits into that category.

So the Premium Lines are examples:

* Oceania

*Azmara

* Viking 

The Luxury Lines are examples:

* Regent

* Seabourn

Been on all of them, since Celebrity

There is a very different price point amongst the lines.

Celebrity toots they are Premium, far from the truth 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Have you heard back from the HD?

We had a voicemail last night from Guest Services saying they had forwarded my comments to corporate. They also said that as a goodwill gesture they sent a bottle of wine to our room, and a schedule of the Sky Lounge hours for this cruise. See photos below of their peace offering.

IMG_2156.thumb.jpeg.bcb0fde78e43097924be923e547fccce.jpeg

IMG_2158.thumb.jpeg.0d423d4f1247ba011c4f800f826b068c.jpeg

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Among the RCG, only Silversea fits into that category.

22 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

According to whom?

In my mind, Silversea is luxury not premium.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

According to whom?

Most all of us with experience on all three RCG lines.  If you have sailed Silversea, Celebrity and Royal, you will have noticed the difference immediately on Silversea.

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

In my mind, Silversea is luxury not premium.

Getting close, perhaps.  I actually find it a lot harder to find the place to draw a good line between premium and luxury.  Silversea is certainly a good step up above its sister lines. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PIC33 said:

We had a voicemail last night from Guest Services saying they had forwarded my comments to corporate. They also said that as a goodwill gesture they sent a bottle of wine to our room, and a schedule of the Sky Lounge hours for this cruise. See photos below of their peace offering.

Thank you. Enjoy your cruise and your wine. 🍷

Also Explora Journeys offers a luxury experience.  On this now with no plans to return.  I love Regent and will cruise her in April.  I will note that Celebrity Flora to the Galapogos was outstanding!

41 minutes ago, PIC33 said:

IMG_2156.thumb.jpeg.bcb0fde78e43097924be923e547fccce.jpeg

IMG_2158.thumb.jpeg.0d423d4f1247ba011c4f800f826b068c.jpeg

I love love love how they remind the peons that you are not welcome here with the printed schedule conveniently left on your cabin.  It makes it even more obvious how stupid this is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I love love love how they remind the peons that you are not welcome here with the printed schedule conveniently left on your cabin.  It makes it even more obvious how stupid this is.

Exactly why those (and you) that are bothered by this needs to vice their concerns directly to Celebrity. Doesn't matter if you are sitting at home or on a ship. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

I would rate Celebrity as premium.

Even M-class ships are far too big to be premium. Beyond and Ascent are nearing 4000 at maximum capacity. Celebrity is firmly entrenched in the mass market category.

• Like 1