Returning from Getaway on Superbowl Sunday

So, we just booked the Norwegian Getaway for the February 2nd cruise which returns to New Orleans on Sunday February 9th Superbowl Sunday. Once i realized i immediately made sure I booked parking for the Saturday before through Sunday the 9th, as I am pretty sure the entire week before Superbowl New Orleans will be crazy. Hotel the night before wasn't to bad staying about a block away from the convention center. 

My question is, how will Sunday morning be leaving New Orleans? I know we will be heading the opposite direction but should we expect major delays as we head back to North Carolina? Been a few years since we went out of New Orleans, but the price was great and the couple we are traveling with has never been there. 

• Like 1

You should not have a problem. You will be leaving in the morning, and the game does not start until early evening. Lots of road construction going on now, but expected to be compete before that Sunday. Easy access to I-10 from the cruise terminal, and no traffic controls in place until later in the say.

On 8/26/2024 at 11:38 AM, wolft927 said:

So, we just booked the Norwegian Getaway for the February 2nd cruise which returns to New Orleans on Sunday February 9th Superbowl Sunday. Once i realized i immediately made sure I booked parking for the Saturday before through Sunday the 9th, as I am pretty sure the entire week before Superbowl New Orleans will be crazy. Hotel the night before wasn't to bad staying about a block away from the convention center. 

My question is, how will Sunday morning be leaving New Orleans? I know we will be heading the opposite direction but should we expect major delays as we head back to North Carolina? Been a few years since we went out of New Orleans, but the price was great and the couple we are traveling with has never been there. 

May I ask how did you book parking and is it necessary? we will leave out on cruise December 1.

8 hours ago, woodman6703 said:

May I ask how did you book parking and is it necessary? we will leave out on cruise December 1.

We booked on airport parking.com, we use Fulton garage. Typically no need to book it but I know the week before superbowl the city has so many events so we didn’t want to get there and not be able to get a good location. We use the Fulton garage across from the convention center 

• Like 1