Cabin for 2 vs Cabin for 3?

bolo55

Hello! We are taking a multi-generational family cruise in July 2025 on the Eurodam. We have some kiddos that are interested in bunking with their grandmother, one is officially booked with her and the other is currently booked with Mom and Dad but will probably want to hop back and forth between cabins. My question is that grandmother's cabin is officially a cabin for 2. Will it be a problem for a child to sleep on the couch for a couple of nights? I have been viewing cabin videos and the cabins designated for 2 look identical to those designed for 3.  Am a wrong that the same brown couch that appears in all the cabins could be made into a bed? What is the difference between a cabin for 2 vs. a cabin for 3? Thanks for any insights!

I could be that the sofa in the triple converts to a bed but the one in the double does not. Also, the triple will come with 3 life jackets, while the double would only have 2. Those are the only differences I can think of. Worst case scenario you have a child sleeping on the couch, as a couch rather than a bed. But definitely check with your room stewards once onboard to see what they can do.

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

Easier to do if the cabins are connecting cabins, the life jacket would be nearby.  A small child might be able to sleep on the loveseat.  It’s not big enough to be a couch.  

• Thanks 1

I thought I would add about not having grandma change to a triple if there are not three booked in the cabin from the get go. HAL will change your cabin without consent/knowledge if they need it. Safe in her two person cabin but rolling the dice with a triple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Not having enough lifejackets would concern me.

10 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

There are extras at the lifeboat stations

You can always move that life jacket to grammas cabin when the child is with her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

You can always move that life jacket to grammas cabin when the child is with her. 

You can also ask the steward for an extra life jacket.

I don't know the age of the child, but I do believe they have children's life jackets when the cabin has children in them.  Ask when you embark.