Stockperks app down?

Derbie

My DH is trying to complete the information on the app.  This the first time for us, as purchased the stock recently.  When he gets to the point where he wants to upload a copy of the proof of shares of the stock purchase; he gets an error message showing "Service unavailable, please try again later."  Is this common, or is he doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.  I reviewed some previous posts on the app, but most people said it was easy and fast.

Thanks,

12 hours ago, coco2/27 said:

I’m having the same problem.  My first time trying it, and I’m definitely not a great techie, and was trying to use the photo option for uploading.

I think my husband got everything to go through and is being reviewed.  Fingers crossed.  I hope you as well, are able to get it working in your behalf.  I did contact Princess through the chat, and they stated there were a lot of people who had recently entered their information.  Not lots of information, but the rep was polite.

I used Stockpercs yesterday with no problems with the app.  I had a problem with Princess rejecting my redemption because of a name miss match between their records and my brokerage account.  That got resolved and my obc was added. 

My Princess interaction was similar to yours.

Not to long ago I submitted for stock credit the old way using email & sending the pages of my account with all the other pertinent info.

I received an email back;

Hi,

Carnival Corporation has engaged Stockperks to implement a more automated and streamlined process for the processing of shareholder benefits. During the ongoing transition phase, shareholders may be redirected to Stockperks to engage with our updated redemption process. Full details of how to submit your shareholder benefit claim can be found here: https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit.

The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms.  For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com. For all other questions, please contact us at 1-800-Princess.

Kind regards,

Malz A.
Commercial Compliance Support
24303 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

I then used the Sockperks app and it was approved in 1 day. 
  • Like 1

I know how to do it. I've done it before. It just is not working now and I get the error message no matter how many times I try. I've tried the entire weekend with no luck. Just wondering if there is a trick someone used to get it to work? 

8 minutes ago, matyd33 said:

I know how to do it. I've done it before. It just is not working now and I get the error message no matter how many times I try. I've tried the entire weekend with no luck. Just wondering if there is a trick someone used to get it to work? 

Evidently, website issues.

Why not just email them? 
You can give them your info and tell them you’re unable to use their website or App.

hello@stockperks.com

Just worked for me.  Thanks for the link to the instructions.  We shall wait and see if we get.  Hated the change, though, as it puts personal info into yet another place that can be breached. Preferred the old method.

Once submitted, the shareholders' benefit was applied in 24 hours.

I don't give them the sign in information for my account, which they list as being the best and quickest verification method. Rather, I print out a copy of the appropriate page of my last statement, black out what I want, snap a photo and send it in. Furthermore, I cordon off my CCL shares into their own account separate from my other stuff.

All in all, I like the new App procedure and view it as an improvement.

• Like 1

It appears that the app has been fixed as I no longer received the error message and was able to upload the document. I'm not thrilled about giving yet another company any of my information because it seems like every week, I am receiving a letter stating that a company with my data suffered a breach. Companies demand all this personal information but legally are not rerquired to do much to protect it so they don't especially since good security measures cost money. 

14 minutes ago, matyd33 said:

It appears that the app has been fixed as I no longer received the error message and was able to upload the document. I'm not thrilled about giving yet another company any of my information because it seems like every week, I am receiving a letter stating that a company with my data suffered a breach. Companies demand all this personal information but legally are not rerquired to do much to protect it so they don't especially since good security measures cost money. 

@matyd33  Except for setting up a stockperks account (login & password) I gave them no personal information except for my name.  I skipped all other data requests and then choose “manual” to upload my redacted stock information.  Had no trouble getting it approved and applied.

I heard back from StockPerks today after sending an email about my persistent problems.  They reported that they had been experiencing problems with the upload with some phones, but that the problem had now been fixed.  Per their advice, I logged out and then back in, and indeed my upload then worked!

"Except for setting up a stockperks account (login & password) I gave them no personal information except for my name.  I skipped all other data requests and then choose “manual” to upload my redacted stock information.  Had no trouble getting it approved and applied."

Me too (I had to give email as well) but it is still a third party with information about you that can be stolen. Princess already has this and more information about you so this is just yet another company that can/will be breached. 

• Like 1

Sent my Stockperks information over the weekend and received a message back that they had received the information and I should hear back within 3 working days.  Last time I submitted information I received a quick response and the OBC was in my account.  Are things taking longer now?  What do I do if I don't hear back after a week? 

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Sent my Stockperks information over the weekend and received a message back that they had received the information and I should hear back within 3 working days.  Last time I submitted information I received a quick response and the OBC was in my account.  Are things taking longer now?  What do I do if I don't hear back after a week? 

Might be, because you sent it over the weekend.

• Thanks 1