First time user Carnival APP Hub

Hello All, I'm very excited for my upcoming cruise next week.

This is my first time on Carnival, just wanted to clarify about the Carnival APP hub..

What is included there? Can I see the itinerary fun times? Is the dining menus on there? Is there a map? Is there a way to communicate with other cruise members? what else is included in the Carnival app? Thanks so much in advance. 

Best Regards,

Yes you can see that and so much more! It's a trap tho as the app isn't the best, doesn't work all too well. Also useless other than for a countdown to your cryise unless you're on-board and connected to the ship's WiFi. At that point you can actually do more than get directed to their website!

The Hub is worthless until you board the ship and connect through the ship's WiFi (free).

The Hub's activity lists/schedules are pretty inaccurate.  I rely on the printed "Fun Times" newsletter instead, which I mark up each day with a highlighter.

The Hub has the dinner menus, which the dining room staff encourages passengers to use instead of physical menus.  This lets you see which nights you might want to skip the MDR to go to a (paid) Specialty Restaurant.

• Thanks 1

We love the App and use it all day long on the ship.  Look up info for meals, shows, activities, etc.  You can set notifications on it so you get reminded about something going on, showtimes, lots of things.  Can't imagine sailing without it.  Carnival has done a great job with it.

(we were on Princess last year for a cruise and their app is crap,, just doesn't work right, so yes we have a comparison).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

We love the App and use it all day long on the ship.  Look up info for meals, shows, activities, etc.  You can set notifications on it so you get reminded about something going on, showtimes, lots of things.  Can't imagine sailing without it.  Carnival has done a great job with it.

(we were on Princess last year for a cruise and their app is crap,, just doesn't work right, so yes we have a comparison).

Sounds great, was on Princess last year and not bad. Excited to use Carnival app at this time. 

• Like 1

Yes, everything will be there as soon as you board and connect to the ship's WIFI (free to connect only for the app). In order to communicate with anybody through the app will cost you an extra $5. 

Bon voyage!

• Like 1

So much info in the app once you’re onboard and connected to ship’s WiFi! 
Schedule of activities for duration of cruise, all the menus, maps of the ship, account of what you’ve spent on sign&sail card, opening hours of restaurants/bars/shops, order food for delivery, purchase shore excursions, and “good to know” info. 
If you’re not using the app onboard, you’re missing out!

• Like 1

Over all, the HUB works better now than in previous years.  Just know there are occasional issues.  For example, you might go to an activity listed on the HUB and find out it has been cancelled, venue has changed, or time has changed.  Seems like it should be an easy task to update.

Also, when we are notified that our table is ready, my wife got that message immediately and my phone might have a delay of fifteen minutes.  If we were depending on my phone, we would conceivably miss our arrival window.

That's just the reality.  We roll with with the waves and don't let it affect our enjoyment.

• Like 1