Specialty dinner packages

LadyBerard

Cruising on the Eclipse on 10/11/24.  Currently only booked one specialty dinner in Tuscan.  Wanted to try Murano but we like to eat early (5:30/6 p.m.) and there aren't any nights available for that time frame.  My question is, if we prebook a 5 night specialty dinner pkg., when we board the ship and go to make reservations right away, do they usually have early times available, even though they aren't available precruise to reserve?  

In our experience, yes. We have always been able to get a reservation onboard even if it was not available pre-cruise. Not always our exact time, but close. Board early, and talk to the first specialty dining host you see. (They’re everywhere)

We typically book a package for three sp dinners.  On board we quickly go to a specialty restaurant to complete the reservations.  We never had a problem with time as we also like 5:30 reservations, we might have to vary the days- but get reservations without problems.  If you are in a suite, go speak immediately to the suite concierge and they can help you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Been a while since we were on Edge. What cost are we talking about for a 3 or 5 night speciality dining package?

Thanks

CORRECTION:  5 night is $285.99 and 3 night trio is $146.99.  My apologies, it had a sale.

Edited by Liao
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Liao said:

My next cruise on Apex, the 5 night SDP is $299.99 and 3 night $259.99.

Per person am guessing. Feel like we've lost touch with the pricing for the speciality restaurants at the moment. It seems quite expensive but probably no more so relatively than what we paid in previous cruises

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Per person am guessing. Feel like we've lost touch with the pricing for the speciality restaurants at the moment. It seems quite expensive but probably no more so relatively than what we paid in previous cruises

Please note my correction to post #5

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Been a while since we were on Edge. What cost are we talking about for a 3 or 5 night speciality dining package?

Thanks

We are paying $367 for a 3 night package on Beyond in October. That’s the total including gratuities for the 2 of us.

Edited by sn2792
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Liao said:

CORRECTION:  5 night is $285.99 and 3 night trio is $146.99.  My apologies, it had a sale.

So, two trios is the way to go if wanting 5 nights dining....and you get a 6th night free essentially!

😉

Edited by hamrag

5 hours ago, hamrag said:

So, two trios is the way to go if wanting 5 nights dining....and you get a 6th night free essentially!

😉

For now and at those prices yes.  If they go on a better than the current 5% off sale, that could change.  Of course if you buy now and they do have a better sale, just cancel and repurchase.

On 9/14/2024 at 6:52 AM, LadyBerard said:

Cruising on the Eclipse on 10/11/24.  Currently only booked one specialty dinner in Tuscan.  Wanted to try Murano but we like to eat early (5:30/6 p.m.) and there aren't any nights available for that time frame.  My question is, if we prebook a 5 night specialty dinner pkg., when we board the ship and go to make reservations right away, do they usually have early times available, even though they aren't available precruise to reserve?  

Yes.  They always hold back about 50% of the dining slots from pre-cruise reservations.  You should be fine heading there once you board and getting a reservation.