Pre cruise hotel in Sydney

Hi there we are interested in a hotel in Sydney - we plan on staying a couple of nights then flying to cairns for a few nights then back to Sydney before our Australia/ New Zealand cruise on ncl spirit  

hotel suggestions would be appreciated 

thanks 

Do you have a budget for your Sydney hotel? Do you want to be in the central business district (CBD) and close to public transport? Do you just want a hotel room or an apartment so you have self catering and laundry facilities?

Hotels close to the harbour and Opera House are usually more expensive than those further into the CBD. We have stayed at the Meriton Apartments in Campbell Street near the corner of George Street. The light rail goes along George Street to Circular Quay where the Overseas Passenger Terminal is and the harbour ferries sail from. 

On 9/19/2024 at 1:24 AM, possum52 said:

Do you have a budget for your Sydney hotel? Do you want to be in the central business district (CBD) and close to public transport? Do you just want a hotel room or an apartment so you have self catering and laundry facilities?

Hotels close to the harbour and Opera House are usually more expensive than those further into the CBD. We have stayed at the Meriton Apartments in Campbell Street near the corner of George Street. The light rail goes along George Street to Circular Quay where the Overseas Passenger Terminal is and the harbour ferries sail from. 

Hello possum52,

I'm just curious if you have any opinion, pro or con for the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel? It seems to have good ratings everywhere I've checked and seems to be a walkable distance to the Cruise ship pier. It does seems like a smaller hotel and not a large chain, like maybe a boutique type hotel. Have you stayed there or heard from anyone who may have stayed there. Thanks.

2 hours ago, stingray310 said:

Hello possum52,

I'm just curious if you have any opinion, pro or con for the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel? It seems to have good ratings everywhere I've checked and seems to be a walkable distance to the Cruise ship pier. It does seems like a smaller hotel and not a large chain, like maybe a boutique type hotel. Have you stayed there or heard from anyone who may have stayed there. Thanks.

Sorry, no I have not stayed there. It is accommodation above a pub which is the main business. It will be fine if you can manage flights of stairs as there is not a lift and I noticed from reviews that the shower is over the bath so not suitable for everyone. I wouldn’t stay there for those reasons. 

But if you are happy carrying/hauling your luggage up flights of stairs and using a shower over a bath, go for it.

Enjoy your visit to Sydney.