Vision of the Seas headed to Charleston?

Vision of the Seas was supposed to be going on a 9 day New England Cruise today (9/19) Looking at marinetraffic.com, her AIS information has her going to Charleston instead Boston. 

Has any one seen anything about am itinerary change? 

Aloha,

John

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

Hope the folks on the ship brought their swim trunks!

Took many Cruises out of Boston in the Fall, didn't matter if it was to Canada or Bahama/Caribbean Cruise I always brought clothes for both directions just in case. Mentioned it in another Thread that since the 80's bet I've had Port/Ports change on 50 different Cruises. Weather, Passenger Emergency, Mechanical issues, Cruise enough they will happen. Shoot one my last Cruises I did before few months before CV we had 6 Passenger Emergency's on that Sailing and this on smaller Serenade. Speed up next Port, slowdown to meet Pilot Boat after just leaving Port and Helo'd one off. Last one is ones I feel sorry for, the 3 Times seen this happen they were lifted off in a Basket alone and Family were left on the Ship

• Like 1

Shortly after boarding Vision in Baltimore on Thursday, 9/17, the Captain announced that due to weather conditions off the coast of Massachusetts we would not be following our 9-day New England-Canada itinerary (Baltimore, Boston, Portland, St. John, and Halifax). Instead, we would be heading south to Charleston SC, Grand Bahamas Island, CocoCay, and Nassau, with 4 sea days sprinkled in. We were told that about 300 passengers changed their minds and left the ship. Luckily, I had packed a bathing suit and some shorts along with my jeans and sweatshirts! 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jcl410 said:

Did the folks that left the ship get their money back?

Aloha,

John

We are very curious about that too, but we don’t know (yet). As compensation for the “unexpected change”, Royal issued refundable OBC to our Seapass Accounts. My roommate and I each received $400 (we are in a JS). The letter says: $400 for Suites, $300 for Balcony, $250 for Outside, and $200 for Interior staterooms. Of course they refunded all of the previously booked excursions for Boston, Portland, and Canada. 

• Like 1