Magic vs Vista

kapcruiser

Different classes of ships with Vista being larger and newer. I'd sail on either but would certainly make my decision about itinerary/duration/price. Also Magic is out of Miami while Vista sails from Port Canaveral. That would influence me too depending on airfare, etc. I do prefer Miami, personally.

Two of our fav ships, each have their def attractions for us.  Vista will have more people but we LOVE the Havana class rooms (why she rates so high for us).  We love the magic for the deck that you can walk the entire ship (floor 5 I think).  I do not think you can go wrong in this decision.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Two of our fav ships, each have their def attractions for us.  Vista will have more people but we LOVE the Havana class rooms (why she rates so high for us).  We love the magic for the deck that you can walk the entire ship (floor 5 I think).  I do not think you can go wrong in this decision.  

Agree completely. The Havana cabins on the Vista Class ships are the way to go. On the Dream Class it's the Thermal Suites. 😁

• Like 2

Personally I prefer Vista for the Havana area and sailing from PC. However, if you decide on Magic, I would totally do a spa cabin....we have done that twice and the T-pool is soooooo nice after a long day in port! 

• Like 4

I've never been on Vista but we just got off of her sister ship the Horizon and we loved it.  We also love the Magic.  Have been on her 3 times (well twice but one trip was a B2B).  

I would lean towards the Vista due to the aforementioned Havana area; and we like the location of the Alchemy bar better on the Vista class ships.  However, we do also love the T-pool on the Magic so that's a plus there.  

You can't go wrong either way; well, other than possibly taking a gamble on the Vista with its recurring Propulsion issues.  

We haven't been on the Vista, but we were on the Horizon last year.  We will be on the Magic next summer, but haven't been on a Dream class ship yet.

Things I did not like on the Horizon:

- The show lounge has bad seating and sight lines

- The lounge for the comedy shows was way too small

- Dead end outside promenades on deck 4 (and 5 if you can't go into the Havana area)

- Very narrow interior promenades making it very crowded (and you can't use the exterior as the aft has no doors to the exterior promenades)

- Not enough shaded seating outdoors

- Very little indoor seating where you can sit down with a book

Things I'm looking forward to on the Magic:

- Better lounges for shows and comedy

- T pool

Vista does have the Havana area and Family Harbor, if you book either of those. Vista also has the skyride, which is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

- Very narrow interior promenades making it very crowded (and you can't use the exterior as the aft has no doors to the exterior promenades)

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I'd totally forgotten to mention this.  Very good point.  Wifey mentioned the narrow interior promenades many times last week while on the Horizon.  

Also those "Smart Elevators" take so long that we often just took the stairs (which could be a plus I guess).

Edited by vacruisin

8 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

I'd totally forgotten to mention this.  Very good point.  Wifey mentioned the narrow interior promenades many times last week while on the Horizon.  

Also those "Smart Elevators" take so long that we often just took the stairs (which could be a plus I guess).

Vista doesn't have the smart elevators, but I agree they are a negative for the Horizon.