What’s wrong with ACL’s website?

Globalfish

I have been unable to access ACL’s website for at least several days and I assume it is down.  I recently received the following email from ACL’s customer service department re their Hudson River fall foliage cruise that I am taking in Oct. 2025 and wanted to check to see in what way the itinerary has changed, if any.  In any event, I’m glad they will be providing complimentary transportation back to Manhattan, which is where I live and which is one of the reasons I picked this particular cruise.

Dear Guest,

We have an important update regarding your Hudson River Cruise next year. Based on strong feedback from our guests over the past year, we are transitioning all future Hudson River cruises to one-way itineraries between New York and Albany. This adjustment will streamline embarkation and ensure you experience the most scenic parts of the river during daylight hours. Your cruise will now start in New York and conclude in Albany.

No changes are necessary to your arrival plans. If you have purchased air through American Cruise Lines, we will coordinate everything for you by flying you into New York City and home from Albany. If you are driving to your cruise, we will provide complimentary transportation back to Manhattan at the conclusion of the trip.

We incorporate guest feedback into all areas of our product and are delighted to be able build these recommendations into an enhanced Hudson River experience. We kindly request that you respond to this email with a simple “All Aboard!” in order to let our Customer Service team know that you have received this information. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 800-894-8570 and it will be our pleasure to assist.

Thank you, 

American Cruise Lines

Customer Service Department

Good to know that it’s working.  Can’t access it on either my iPhone or iPad here in Mauritius or in the Seychelles last week (I am not on a cruise).  Don’t know for what reason it would be blocked here, but hopefully I will be able to get it when I return home next week.

1 minute ago, Globalfish said:

Good to know that it’s working.  Can’t access it on either my iPhone or iPad here in Mauritius or in the Seychelles last week (I am not on a cruise).  Don’t know for what reason it would be blocked here, but hopefully I will be able to get it when I return home next week.

May be location specific.  I know that European CC members can't access the US websites of some cruise lines.

We are leaving next week for the Tennessee River cruise.  I've been able to access their web site the past few days.  

Also, I note that your itinerary has been changed to a one way trip.  We are also going on another cruise next April wherein we recently received notification that it is changed to a one way.  

As long as the itinerary stays the same, we're good to go!

6 hours ago, JanetMarie said:

I've been able to access their web site the past few days.  

Seems like I won’t be able to access it until I return to the States next week.

Interesting that they’re making your next cruise one way as well.  The cynic in me views it as a cost-saving measure sugar-coated to make it look like it is to the cruise passengers’ benefit.

12 hours ago, Globalfish said:

Seems like I won’t be able to access it until I return to the States next week.

Interesting that they’re making your next cruise one way as well.  The cynic in me views it as a cost-saving measure sugar-coated to make it look like it is to the cruise passengers’ benefit.

Yes, I hear what you are saying.  This is for our cruise in April 2025, the Chesapeake Bay.  We leave from the docks in Washington, DC, and arrive back dockside in Baltimore.  

22 hours ago, JanetMarie said:
On 9/21/2024 at 3:21 PM, JanetMarie said:

I note that your itinerary has been changed to a one way trip.  We are also going on another cruise next April wherein we recently received notification that it is changed to a one way. As long as the itinerary stays the same, we're good to go!

This is for our cruise in April 2025, the Chesapeake Bay.  We leave from the docks in         Washington, DC, and arrive back dockside in Baltimore.  

The website shows that the Chesapeake Bay Cruise, 8 days, is round trip from Baltimore to Baltimore.  And the only map and itinerary they provide conforms to this.  Yet when I look at the individual cruise schedule, it shows that almost half of them are one way, Washington to Baltimore!  And these alternate randomly throughout 2025, 2026, etc.  Obviously the two itineraries cannot be the same, and is there no indication there is a Baltimore to Washington option.  Why would anyone now book a cruise where the itinerary was not provided?