LIVE Caribbean Princess 9/24/24 - 10/8/24

KarmaCruisers

I totally agree with you on the Piazza seeming so small on Grand class ships once you get used to the Royal class.  Caribbean Princess was our first princess ship  and at that time we thought the Piazza was enormous!!!!  After sailing the Royal class ships, we went on Sapphire Princess for a quick 5 day cruise and boy she seemed tiny!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

I totally agree with you on the Piazza seeming so small on Grand class ships once you get used to the Royal class.  Caribbean Princess was our first princess ship  and at that time we thought the Piazza was enormous!!!!  After sailing the Royal class ships, we went on Sapphire Princess for a quick 5 day cruise and boy she seemed tiny!

I think it was you who wanted my opinion of Caribbean vs Royal (class)…I’ll keep it reserved for now..but so FAR; Royal has got it beat by a mile.

This ship just seems so “dark and gloomy” vs. Royal class seeming bright and Airy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Also…apparently I’ve got the “max” internet package..whooopie! A solid 7.34Mbps!

(honestly this is probably 3x as fast as the “regular” internet..which is literally laughable…even 7.34MbpsIMG_8098.thumb.png.536e0e6efdc5c29b6f38aed66011980a.png

Oh boy! You’re spot on with the internet speed on our cruise. Max is 7? Whoopee!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Having walk about..this is by Churchill Lounge, and the Window Suites..just a random dark ass dead-endIMG_8100.thumb.jpeg.6f914de3cb8c28884003e89036cf3341.jpegIMG_8101.thumb.jpeg.f45e798e21f9ae3776cfade45afa521b.jpeg

Nothing against smokers but Churchill’s was smoke-free for awhile after Covid. It was quiet and spent a lot of time there; great bartenders. Last month, it was a wall of smoke even when the bar wasn’t open.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, crawford said:

Nothing against smokers but Churchill’s was smoke-free for awhile after Covid. It was quiet and spent a lot of time there; great bartenders. Last month, it was a wall of smoke even when the bar wasn’t open.

Agreed.

and I was looking forward to the “whiskey bar” on the grand class

Chuck and I hit up the P/E/S lounge at SkyWalkers at 4:30…at 5:30 we’re going over to the “Suite Lounge” at WheelHouse bar.

Jo isn’t feeling good (she gets motion sickness real bad; and this boat is rockin pretty good)

dinner plans are 6pm at MDR…but if Jo isn’t feeling up to it, Chuck and I are going to use one of our “casual dining” chit’s for Steamers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Chuck and I hit up the P/E/S lounge at SkyWalkers at 4:30…at 5:30 we’re going over to the “Suite Lounge” at WheelHouse bar.

Jo isn’t feeling good (she gets motion sickness real bad; and this boat is rockin pretty good)

dinner plans are 6pm at MDR…but if Jo isn’t feeling up to it, Chuck and I are going to use one of our “casual dining” chit’s for Steamers.

They have sea bands in the shop near Vines. My wife was a little queasy in the North Atlantic and they worked well for her. Worth $10 to give them a try.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, crawford said:

They have sea bands in the shop near Vines. My wife was a little queasy in the North Atlantic and they worked well for her. Worth $10 to give them a try.

She’s got em, and bonine.

She said it’s because she usually doesn’t drink and had a few drinks yesterday; it just caught up to her. 
But thank you for the advice 🙂

• Like 2

I think it’s funny..

the experience in a suite on Discovery vs. Caribbean is NIGHT AND DAY.

Like, on Discovery they were literally ALL OVER US for “what can we do for you?!” (Like pure VIP personal attention)

Here on the Caribbean princess..nothing like that.

BUT, I feel like it’s because they don’t have a DEDICATED concierge lounge/staff.

ALSO could be, because the Discovery staff keeps winning the Medallion Cup (best staff of ALL princess ships..and it shows!) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

I think it’s funny..

the experience in a suite on Discovery vs. Caribbean is NIGHT AND DAY.

Like, on Discovery they were literally ALL OVER US for “what can we do for you?!” (Like pure VIP personal attention)

Here on the Caribbean princess..nothing like that.

BUT, I feel like it’s because they don’t have a DEDICATED concierge lounge/staff.

ALSO could be, because the Discovery staff keeps winning the Medallion Cup (best staff of ALL princess ships..and it shows!) 

Discovery just won Princess cup for the first time. Sapphire is usually the winner. 

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Another great live from starting from KarmaCruisers! Enjoy and please think about doing a review when you get back. Bon Voyage!"

KarmaCruisers was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

6 minutes ago, coscab said:

Thanks for this review, going on CP in Dec., first time on Princess.  Where did you get the shrimp tempura??

You have to spend a poop load of money and buy a suite 

Anshika was a terrific concierge, but she recently left the ship.  Have you met her replacement?  The Wheelhouse for suites was a nice addition.  I would continue to go to Sabatini’s for breakfast if Ivan will permit it.  Easier to modify the “rules” in a smaller venue.  Better perk than RC MDR.  

I have not been on a Royal class ship and do love my Grand class ships.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise now that you are settled in.  

Have you considered talking to the Hotel General Manager about moving Jolene into you suite since she paid so much for a solo?

• Like 2