Seabourn and HAL Convergence

stan01

12 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We paid for an upgrade to a Panoramic Suite on Deck 5.    I will be upset if someone was just freely give the same category suite at check in.    We had no noise other than the usual minor creaking now and then.   Our balcony faced forward and we loved the view but hated the smaller closet.   The closet wasn’t wide enough to put shoes on the floor.   The verandah suites had a much wider closet.

Chatting to HD over dinner on Ovation re upgrades and he stated no free upgrades are now given onboard unless there is a problem with the booked suite that cannot be fixed following a number of attempts.

He also said the ship also has no say on the upgrade charges. They are sent a list the day prior to embarkation informing them of all category availability and the prices. If you want an upgrade the cruise desk person logs onto the system to your current cabin and it shows the price - they cannot deviate from this.

People were complaining on Encore at the start of the year that there were sig and owners suites empty but the upgrade prices were higher than if booked in first place. Some raised the issue but told nothing could be done by the ship.

I can only attest that the couple who checked-in prior to me had a complimentary upgrade from V4 to panorama penthouse.  I can still recall their reserved  vs. actual room number, as I looked at their luggage tags on the hand-carry case for verification purposes.  
Nobody really knows the protocols unless he is working directly with that institution and the company is willing to share it to the public.

My assigned room on the second segment had a past history of repair records but was occupied by guests on the first segment.

Edited by SwankPooch