Pride of America Cabin 12502

plyman69

Good Day everyone....

So we have booked POA for my daughters senior trip.We arrive on friday afternoon before the cruise and thinking of doing a dinner sunset cruise. Any suggestions for this. She will be under the age of 18.  For the cruise we have a really nice room with a private hot tub on the balcony. My daughter said she is going to live in the hot tub LOL. I do have some questions as this is the first time we ever had a suite type cabin. So first of all Embarkation... we are arriving the night before but the morning of departure we are going to take my daughter surfing until about 8-10 am and then we are going to head back to the hotel and change before 11 am check out. Question here is should we check in first drop the bags off etc and then can we still go do some sightseeing? Thinking of doing pearl harbor. I know we have an evening departure 7 pm but do you know what time we have to be back on the ship. We are planning on eating dinner in our suite that night. Next question... What do you feel is the best luau? Which ones have preferred seating? I kind of think the luaus in honolulu are average from what i heard. We did read about one on honolulu that does a luau with fireworks. Also do you know of any place that offers jet skiing, tubing etc. She wants to have a beach day but it does not have to be a daily thing. 

I know that i am going to have lots of questions. I have been looking at the cruise ship tours as well as tours throught get your own guide and viator. Any other websites to consider? ANy other must do things?

Thanks

Tom

We have 12502 in late January.  Remind me closer to the date and I can take some pics if you want them, get any questions answered, etc.

You are unlikely to have much time/energy pre-cruise to do a ton of touring, especially if your bodies are on eastern time.  The dinner cruise and surfing will likely be all you can fit in, you may want to try to arrange a late flight home after the cruise and then do Pearl Harbor on disembarkation day.

It has been awhile since I’ve looked at Kaua’i but for years the tubing excursion there was very popular. A teen would love it. 

Ever since my husband got sick on one, I never recommend dinner sunset cruises, but rather those with just appetizers and beverages. 

I would do a luau on Maui or Kauai. I also agree with the PP that your embarkation day is too ambitious. I would do the surf lesson and that’s it. Also as a frequent visitor to Hawaii, I never go in the ocean on my first day, preferring to give my body time to adjust so something to think about. 

On embarkation day, we saw the sunrise at Diamond Head and watched the POA come in and that was really fun. There is probably a way to do Pearl Harbor on disembarkation day if you have a late flight. 

Edited by Beachiekeen

We had that room with kids on a 11 night turned 10 in 2016 after drydock.  Jacuzzi was great after they got it working.  Room is great.  Quiet floor, right by bridge.  There are pics out on cdp.  Note poa has like five different OS configs so if looking, make sure you find the right one.

Note small food area just aft through the doors by pool area.  Key West.  Woodfired pizza in buffet actually pretty good.  

That room comes with unlimited in room water and soda plus three bottles plus a sparkling.  Bottles used to just be wine but that may have changed.  Like other ships, you can get room service for breakfast but unlike other ships, they won't bring Cagneys to room for breakfast or lunch.