Port Arthur chances for successful tendering

vicd1969

I shall be sailing on the Crown Princess this December. We are scheduled to stop at Port Arthur on December 24. As that is a tender port, I am wondering what are the rough chances the stop gets cancelled due to weather. Like for example, Half Moon Cay is about 10% chance, while Falklands is like 50% chance or higher. One of the tours I am interested in is almost 50% cheaper than the ship’s equivalent, maybe Princess is putting a premium on being able to cancel under 24 hours and refund with their tour. But my budget can’t really afford the Princess offering.

The Tasman island boat tour. I believe the meeting point is very close to the heritage site. My concern is if the winds or waves are too strong, Princess may cancel the stop altogether.

38 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

The Tasman island boat tour. I believe the meeting point is very close to the heritage site. My concern is if the winds or waves are too strong, Princess may cancel the stop altogether.

Is it the The Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise? Is there a reason you are considering doing an outside excursion? There is plenty to see at Port Arthur. 

I have only visited by land and not a cruise ship. We have gone on the harbour cruise which is part of the entrance fee. The harbour was flat. I would suggest you contact the tour operator as they would know what happens with cruise ship arrivals and the weather. The weather can be wild there - there is nothing between Tasmania and Antarctica.

Edited by possum52