The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 24th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

3rddeer.thumb.jpg.a2f30fa06e14766a7c405578d0ccb635.jpgWell, the da**deer struck again. I had stored the last of the apples on a deck chair and pushed the chair under the table. This is what DGD came home to Saturday. The other deer is eating the last little tomatoes.

Edited by SusieKIslandGirl
forgot to add something
  • Like 5
  • Haha 20

We just had a call from Pat’s surgeon, Pat made it through well, and now has his new valve.  He will be in post op for 4 hours, and then be taken back to his room where he will be monitored for 24, to make sure he’s not going to need a pacemaker.  We can call him later tonight, and go in and see him in the morning.  I guess the way the timing has worked out, he may not come home until Thursday.  But at least it’s over… 

Thank you all for your support- of course I’m also worrying about Roy, Annie and Chuck, and Jacqui.  The joys of getting older!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 22

I'm so happy to read about good news.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for the update on Roy.  So glad his niece is there to help.  Continued prayers for him.

@Vict0riann Thanks for the update on Pat.  I hope he will be hope soon.  Continued prayers for you both.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda,

Thank you for the update on Roy.  That is good news and I hope he does well back at Rehab.  I am glad that the goal is for him to go back home, even if it means with some help.

Prayers that he continues on a path to recovery and he is able to live on his own at home.

Thank you for the daily updates 

Terri

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We just had a call from Pat’s surgeon, Pat made it through well, and now has his new valve.  He will be in post op for 4 hours, and then be taken back to his room where he will be monitored for 24, to make sure he’s not going to need a pacemaker.  We can call him later tonight, and go in and see him in the morning.  I guess the way the timing has worked out, he may not come home until Thursday.  But at least it’s over… 

Thank you all for your support- of course I’m also worrying about Roy, Annie and Chuck, and Jacqui.  The joys of getting older!  

Wonderful!   Jumping for joy for Pat and Ann.

• Like 16

Just now, JazzyV said:

Good evening. I was pleased to hear the more positive news for Roy and that Pat got his valve!

I have a master list of regular posters to the Daily, and email addresses for about 25% of people. 

We could all send our email address to Vanessa since she has a master list.  

• Like 11

Good evening.  I just sent Roy's niece an email on behave of all The Dailyites thanking her for letting us know how he is doing and the prognosis.  I also gave her a, hopefully brief, explanation about how I became his link here, what the group has become, and how important he is to all of us.

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Better news about Roy. Now I hope we hear from @Nickelpenny, too. 

Everyone should think about tagging someone on here with email so we can keep an eye on each other. @dfish @Quartzsite Cruiser and @kazu have my email and I have theirs for various reasons. If one of them were to use my email to contact me it would also show on my dh’s email feed and I’d like to think he would respond with information. We are so scattered all over the  continent and beyond that physical contact is only possible in a few cases so it needs to be electronic. And my email is in my signature for anyone to use, too.

grey and rainy today and most likely the rest of the week. I have a sewing project, fancy aprons, so the weather works for me! 

Eva, I do have your email.  When I first joined The Daily, I had trouble keeping name and CC names straight.  I started a spreadsheet with whatever information people shared, so I have the  email addresses of those who have shared theirs.  My emails also show up on DH's email feed.  I'm betting that my list is not as complete as Vanessa's @JazzyV, but it's a start.

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We had a good visit with DB.  My DS arrived right before me.  My brother did his PT and then we visited for about an hour and a half.  Time flew because we were talking about old neighborhoods and Kalamazoo history.   My DS or I will have to go visit tomorrow because DSIL decided to spend another day with her sisters.  If she had owned up ahead of time my sister and I could have split up the days.  

After that I drove to Battle Creek and got into my rheumatologist immediately.  The injection was basically painless.   No first shot of lidocaine they are combined in one injection.  

Thanks for the photos of Killybegs Lenda.  Annie I hope you both could work through the fraud problem.  

Nancy, I hope your injection today eliminates the pain.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi Lenda

Thank you for your kind words.  Jim did not have an extraction today.  The regular dentist is on vacation.  The substitute told me that he thinks an extraction is necessary but that he wants Jim’s regular dentist to make that decision.  That will happen next Monday afternoon.

Sorry for not being clear about that.

Terrri

Terri, I hope Jim's regular dentist can save the tooth.  Remember you are not alone.  HUGS

40 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, that is great news that Pat is out of surgery and has his new valve.  Here's to a speedy recovery.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riann Thanks for sharing the wonderful update on your DH. 🙏 for him, his care team & your family that his recovery is swift.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for delivering some good news about @rafinmd. Relieved to hear he has some family with him now 🙏 for continued progress. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Well, while DH has great veins, he has a bad artery.  They are going to use a vein, graft it to the artery in his leg, and let the vein take over pulsing the blood back to his heart.  He will have several incisions in his leg, and the vein is from the same leg.  Surgery is scheduled for November 4th, he will be in the hospital 3-5 days, and then a month of recuperation.  After the talk, and DH did rant at the doc, that he was tired of all the surgeries that did nothing for him.  The doc did explain that in 20 % of people, the stents do clog and fail.  He again said he was tired of surgery.  I asked the doc what if he does nothing, and he said, the leg will go gangrene and will be amputated.  Well, that ended the conversation and complaining, and the doc walked out, I ran after him, and told him what the oncologist said.  He asked if they had given him a time frame, and I said no, that is something that we need to discuss.  He said if it was only going to be 2-3 months he would not do the surgery, if it was longer, it would at least make DH more comfortable, but to travel and do the things we want NOW.  

@Vict0riannI am glad that Pat's surgery went well!  Keeping him until Thursday is a good idea, as they will need to know how he feels with movement, and stress. (physical not emotional).  At least you will be able to sleep a little easier tonight.

@SusieKIslandGirlI had to laugh at your deer invasion.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  And what a great picture!

I am typing while listening to AGT, winner to be announced soon.

Hugs to all!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Vict0riann Thanks for sharing the wonderful update on your DH. 🙏 for him, his care team & your family that his recovery is swift.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for delivering some good news about @rafinmd. Relieved to hear he has some family with him now 🙏 for continued progress. 

+me! Great news on Pat! That’s just AMAZING! And so encouraging on Roy. Appreciation to his niece!  
Maureen 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Late getting back on the computer today. I am relieved to hear Roy's updates and also to hear that Pat has come through his surgery. Annie.... it very good that you talked with the doctor so that you and he can make informed decision. I hope your vacation proceeds as scheduled.

Dogs went to vet this afternoon and had their annual checkup. They are fine except that they both need dental cleanings.... Both are rescues and I don't think their teeth were cared for before. Anyway, that will not be until November. My purse is taking a real hit.

Susan

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

I don't want to go into too much detail for privacy reasons, but I had a nice email from Roy's niece.  She knew CC was important to Roy.  She is a fellow cruiser and CC member.

6 hours ago, NextOne said:

Hi friends! Sorry that I've been among the missing for the past few weeks. I need to catch up with all the missed Dailies. I've been doing PT 3 times a week. I tell the therapists that I'm a highly motivated client, so I can go on my cruise next month!

This past weekend was our regional church women's convention. I'm one of the officers, so it was a busy, but inspirational, time. My sister came up from NC to attend - she likes our group better than hers - lol!!

Trying to get all my medical appointments done before I leave, so I have a dexascan & mammogram scheduled for tomorrow morning (followed by PT) and a pre-colonoscopy session with the gastroenterologist on Thursday. I see the hip surgeon next week. Dentist was last week -- at least the technician was happy with my progress!

Now I'm trying to focus on the cruise.  Updated the roll call for what I hope is the last time. We've got 158 people that say they're going to attend - I've never dealt with that large a group before, but it will be fun to meet everyone!

I apologize for not keeping track of what's been going on here - so I'll just say that I'm praying for everyone's issues and I'm glad to see that there is some good news, too!

Edi

Edi, thanks for checking in with us.  You have been busy, and I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

3rddeer.thumb.jpg.a2f30fa06e14766a7c405578d0ccb635.jpgWell, the da**deer struck again. I had stored the last of the apples on a deck chair and pushed the chair under the table. This is what DGD came home to Saturday. The other deer is eating the last little tomatoes.

Love this picture.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite CruiserThank you for letting Roy's niece know how much he means to all of us.  I would love to mail him a card, but have no idea what address to send to-do you think she would share that with you?  You are the best!  I am so glad that Roy had your email, and reached out.

Annie,  I'm glad you could talk to the surgeon so he knows what is going on with your DH.  It's easy to turn signatures back on.  At the right hand top of the page just above the search box next to your CC name, there will be a triangle pointing down🔻.  The triangle is small and not red. Click on it, and a box will drop down.  Select Account Settings; then, select Signature.  To the right will be a "switch" to turn signatures off and on.  I have to use it when I accidentally turn signatures off.  I do not have an address for Roy.  Someone else asked me about sending him a card.  When I checked with him,  he said he would prefer not to get cards because there would be morre than enough mail to deal with when he got home.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

That's awesome news Ann @Vict0riann, will email you in the morning !  We were hoping to see good news on CC and hopefully this is it for Pat !

Big Hugs from us 

Tony 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Annie @marshhawk I'm very glad the doctor was frank and answered the questions truthfully about the consequences of doing nothing.  It's a good thing you talked to him privately and I hope it helps to make things clearer to him and to you.  Big decisions to be made after you speak to the oncologist.  Sending lots of hugs and love your way! 🤗

• Like 11