Live from the Constellation, Ravenna to Rome, Sep 27 - Oct 7, 2024

81Zoomie

Day 1 - Ravenna

On board 😁😁😁.  There have been lots written about this itinerary.  I’m going to try to highlight the good, the not so good, and a toss up.

GOOD

- We sailed Summit Dec 23.  The Connie looks like a sister from another mother!  Her exterior is clean, paint looks nice, very very little rust, all her panels join neatly.  The exterior and the exterior furniture look 👀 quite good. Yes, I know there was a recent drydock.

- The carpet and public spaces are updated and resemble a Scandinavian modern.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6bb4de361c394c19093a9b186100be3.jpeg

- There is no silly Hoppen furniture 🪑

- Prime rib for dinner was good and arrived as ordered.

image.thumb.jpeg.d10f6f2407fa9135077b3a271ac51b58.jpeg

- The crew seems to be very happy.  Honestly, they are much more energetic and engaging than the Retreat staff on Edge (Mar/Apr 24)!

- Cafe Al Bacio has my favorite coconut macaroons 😋!

image.thumb.jpeg.6d30d2223e920cc00a14b3ea480a4eae.jpeg

- I love the mirrored walls in our cabin (OV). It really brightens the room and makes the space feel larger.

image.thumb.jpeg.df06ac1b5cfbff68d1dd3383adf0bbf4.jpeg

- The A/C in our cabin cools very well ❄️❄️❄️.

- Tuscan feels much more intimate in its position on Deck 11.

image.thumb.jpeg.9ea041be109fde9fcd33451c268d413c.jpeg

- We had a beautiful evening for sail way 🌞❤️🌤️!

image.thumb.jpeg.af38d027fea5293c9b2fcb60a407bda5.jpeg

BAD

- Lots of folks including us asking for Decoy wine 🍷.  So far none has been found 🧐.

- We went to sleep early after the long day.  Housekeeping called us ☎️📞☎️ at 10:15 and then again at 10:30 to ask if we wanted feather pillows.  In between they knocked on our door.  We didn’t ask for any pillows!!!

- Bathrooms  could use a refresh.  At the very least, the shower floor could use some bleach. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6400ae647123befd531c2bdc16b76b1d.jpeg

Toss Up 

- Without Decoy, the wine steward was pushing Chateau Souverain Cab 😝. I asked what else she had that was on par with Decoy since we have the premium pkg.  She poured us an organic Italian Syrah.  It was palatable, however at the price point, I struggle with it being a true equivalent replacement.  

image.thumb.jpeg.72c110fc75988fba21312bc8aef3b41a.jpeg

Edited by 81Zoomie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this timely review.  My wife and I will be meeting you / Constellation when you arrive in Rome for the return journey back to Venice.  

One question….your pictures (especially the nighttime Venice shots) are incredible.  Are you using a cell phone or a more expensive camera?   If cell phone, are you using any special settings?

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian918 said:

Thank you for this timely review.  My wife and I will be meeting you / Constellation when you arrive in Rome for the return journey back to Venice.  

One question….your pictures (especially the nighttime Venice shots) are incredible.  Are you using a cell phone or a more expensive camera?   If cell phone, are you using any special settings?

Cheers!

I’m using an iPhone 14 Pro.  No special settings.  All I have are point and shoots.  For landscapes, etc… my iPhone is sometimes better.