We really like Princess, but............

donnatello

On 9/25/2024 at 11:51 AM, donnatello said:

I recently watched a "You tube" video that was  titled "3 worst cruise lines and they were:.  Costa, MSC and Princess.   Really?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If they didn't include Margaritaville at Sea, then it's not a valid opinion. 😉 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

A lot of the upset that I've seen has come from Elite passengers who feel that they are losing status, not being shown appreciation, or otherwise deprioritized in an effort to bring in a new demographic. I expect that we will have a new wave of outrage over the apparently changing mini bar setup. This same group tends to be quite loyal to Princess and therefore doesn't comprehend how absolutely fantastic the package pricing is compared to competitors. 

Most of the complaints on all lines come from Elites and it's always they don't appreciate us we want more. Look how many on the Celebrity site clutched their pearls so tight that they nearly choked themselves when Royal and Celebrity decided to reciprocate loyalty status.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

A while back the Celebrity forums got so negative I quit looking at them.  For a while I have noticed an uptick in sourness on the Princess forums.  

Yes, I haven’t been active on these boards since b4 covid and Princess boards used to be lovely, complementary and happy. Now there are more and more complaints. And some posters who are, frankly, just rude! 

The majority of regular posters are great though. I don’t know how you couldn’t enjoy a cruise with Princess! (Mind you the really big ships like the Sky and Sun don’t attract me).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

This same group tends to be quite loyal to Princess and therefore doesn't comprehend how absolutely fantastic the package pricing is compared to competitors. 

Could not agree more.  Have over 60 cruises under my belt and 10 out of 13 future cruises are booked on Princess, primarily because of the value of the Plus and Premier packages.  

The components of the Plus package would cost double on many of the other competitive cruise lines that Princess competes with.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Which classes on Princess currently have go carts and rope courses?

The Sun was supposed to have things like that but they are in the process of removing the structure that was to house them. The sphere class ships seem to want to add this like this to compete with RCL but that would be a big no for me

22 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

That's why there is always a ying to the yang.  We will only cruise on Royal and Sphere Class ships.

And we mostly cruise on Grand class unless we find an itinerary or great price on a Royal class ship. Have very little interest in anything as big as a sphere class. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

The Sun was supposed to have things like that but they are in the process of removing the structure that was to house them. The sphere class ships seem to want to add this like this to compete with RCL but that would be a big no for me

It was a rhetorical question since go carts have never been mentioned and of course the ropes course never came to fruition as part of the ill fated Park 19.

A few amenities would not put the Sphere Class into competition with any of the ships in the RCI fleet.  Park 19 was just a poor attempt to go after the multigenerational market in order to expand the marketing to a different set of cruisers that currently sail on Princess.

15 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

It was a rhetorical question since go carts have never been mentioned and of course the ropes course never came to fruition as part of the ill fated Park 19.

A few amenities would not put the Sphere Class into competition with any of the ships in the RCI fleet.  Park 19 was just a poor attempt to go after the multigenerational market in order to expand the marketing to a different set of cruisers that currently sail on Princess.

Obviously the construction was below par.  I wonder why Princess tried to reinvented the wheel rather than go with a company who had already constructed something similar on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Obviously the construction was below par.  I wonder why Princess tried to reinvented the wheel rather than go with a company who had already constructed something similar on a cruise ship.

That was the problem, there isn't a cruise ship that had the hanging roller glider already installed.  There obviously was a difference between having the installation on land versus a moving cruise ship.

3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

That was the problem, there isn't a cruise ship that had the hanging roller glider already installed.  There obviously was a difference between having the installation on land versus a moving cruise ship.

Ohhhh, I thought it was the same as the competition ships.  😞 Sad for some but I thought it would be too noisy for me personally.