So, about Pinnacle Grill...

Ka Honu

7 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Comparing a baked potato to a filet or ribeye is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Just ask for two halves. I bet you get them -- no charge.

No stretch at all. I ordered my meal with a baked potato. Didn't order a half of a baked potato. But got a half. And the menu didn't list half a baked potato.  

If the 5 oz filet you get was half a 10 oz one would that be ok? 

• Like 1

So in summary, some people have had good experiences, some people have had poor experiences, some people have higher expectations than others, and the service and food quality can be inconsistent from ship to ship or even on different different nights in the same ship.  All that is true of land based restaurants as well 

On one hand, any restaurant can have a bad night leading to poor experiences and as noted in a prior post ship, restaurants have different challenges than land-based ones

However, if you were paying for a meal, you would expect the experience to be better than the included meal (MDR). And everyone except those who receive the meal for free from their TA or as a five star are paying something.

Even for those where the meal is included with HIA are paying something since HIA has an up charge cost when it is added to your reservation. 

Those paying full price for the pinnacle experience should be most upset when paying $54.28 pp for the upgraded experience. 

In the end, everyone has a choice of whether or not to go. If you consistently have poor experiences, even if your meal is included in the HIA, maybe you are better off just not going. You have to weigh any real cost to you vs the cost of your frustration if you have a poor experience. 

I have had many experiences in the Pinnacle, some very good and most with some issue. However, I am not expecting perfection, I am on a cruise vacation, usually with no other place to be, and with people I want to spend time with. I do not have to cook or clean up. Having that attitude means, I have an enjoyable experience every time! 

1 hour ago, dogo88 said:

No stretch at all. I ordered my meal with a baked potato. Didn't order a half of a baked potato. But got a half. And the menu didn't list half a baked potato.  

If the 5 oz filet you get was half a 10 oz one would that be ok? 

This is where the server should have mentioned the half potato and let the guest decide.  If the server forgot, they should have gone back.  Either way, it is a management issue.  The ball is being dropped.