1110 am flight out of Sydney

JoRoy218

We are scheduled to disembark from a Princess cruise in March ‘25 around 0700.

We have an 1110 am flight out of Sydney to home.  Any opinions from those who have done this on using Princess transfer vs ride share to airport? Hate to get on Princess bus and wait wait wait for it to fill. Appreciate any advice, thanks! 

My advice is to change your flight to a later one. An 11.10 flight means being at the international terminal at 8.10am. The trip to the airport will take at least 30 minutes, if a weekday it will be peak hour traffic so may take longer than 30 minutes.

Getting into Sydney "around 7.00am" may also mean 9.00am before you are able to get off the ship.

• Like 3

I agree with yarramar. I would never even schedule a domestic flight until after 12pm. We have been late into Sydney and fortunately we had an afternoon flight home. There were international passengers having to reschedule their flights with some not able to find flights until the next day or later and then having to find accommodation. It would spoil my cruise if I was worried about making it to the airport in time. 

• Like 3

On 9/26/2024 at 9:55 AM, JoRoy218 said:

We are scheduled to disembark from a Princess cruise in March ‘25 around 0700.

We have an 1110 am flight out of Sydney to home.  Any opinions from those who have done this on using Princess transfer vs ride share to airport? Hate to get on Princess bus and wait wait wait for it to fill. Appreciate any advice, thanks! 

Two cruise ships which were due in Sydney early yesterday morning were delayed by around 6 hours. The delay was due to weather conditions not being safe to board a pilot to guide each ship into and through the harbour to Circular Quay. This could happen at any time of the year.

A webcam showed the Carnival Splendor just about to pass the Opera House at 11.57am, six hours late.

I'm glad we weren't on either ship, as trying to get a later flight back to Melbourne would almost have been impossible as all flights of which there were many were close to fully booked due to the AFL Grand Final today in our home city. Sydney Swans are playing Brisbane Lions. If we managed to get a seat, we may have been many hundreds if not thousands of dollars out of pocket as the flight prices had increased so much.