My review of Seabourn Quest

ak1004

My review of Seabourn Quest - https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=720514

First time on SB, and we were really impressed. 2 days after we returned we already booked another one.

One thing I forgot to mention in the review was the cruise director Aimee Lake. A really talented lady, who is also a great performer. She had her own show one of the evenings, and it was the best show of the whole cruise. 

Two small negatives which I'm sure are well known to SB regulars: the shower is a bit small, especially considering the suite size, and the dining options are a bit limited compared to O and SS. But the food quality is very good, and the lunch buffet was probably the best we had on any ship. 

Any questions, please ask. I will be more than happy to answer while the experience is still fresh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the great review. Having shared the E&O dinner with you and Mrs AK1004, I agree that "just o.k." is a fair description. We think the food that night was way below the normal standard at E&O. However, it was the only major negative we found on this cruise. Even the missing early riser breakfast, which I used extentively previously didn't bother me, because coffee/tea is available at the Square starting at 6:15. Overall, even with some noticeable cut backs, there were major improvements and more efficient use of staffs that made this cruise the best SB cruise we had been on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CalmSea said:

Thanks for the great review. Having shared the E&O dinner with you and Mrs AK1004, I agree that "just o.k." is a fair description. We think the food that night was way below the normal standard at E&O. However, it was the only major negative we found on this cruise. Even the missing early riser breakfast, which I used extentively previously didn't bother me, because coffee/tea is available at the Square starting at 6:15. Overall, even with some noticeable cut backs, there were major improvements and more efficient use of staffs that made this cruise the best SB cruise we had been on.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to see that you saw some improvements in staff efficiency. 

Were they able to provide quick service at the Seabourn Square for morning coffee?  I'm hoping not to stand there in line for 15 minutes.  To be honest I will be bringing a large insulated mug and asking them to fill it with half-caf regular coffee then taking it up to the Observation Lounge which should now be even more peaceful in the morning :-).

52 minutes ago, stan01 said:

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to see that you saw some improvements in staff efficiency. 

Were they able to provide quick service at the Seabourn Square for morning coffee?  I'm hoping not to stand there in line for 15 minutes.  To be honest I will be bringing a large insulated mug and asking them to fill it with half-caf regular coffee then taking it up to the Observation Lounge which should now be even more peaceful in the morning :-).

If it's not a complicated order, and you don't mind their cup, you can order in advance on the app. Though you could order 2 or 3 to fill your large mug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

If it's not a complicated order, and you don't mind their cup, you can order in advance on the app. Though you could order 2 or 3 to fill your large mug.

Great, when we were on Quest in November 2023 the app did not allow ordering coffee, so that new feature (if it is always enabled) does help make up for the loss of the service in the Observation Lounge.  Just a little farther to walk in the morning for us.

2 hours ago, CalmSea said:

It was great meeting it!

Maybe we were just unlucky with E&O, I hear good reviews overall about it. 

1 hour ago, stan01 said:

Emin, the barista, is quite efficient. At 6:15, there may be a small line-up of 2 or 3. Around 6:30, it is usually free. There is also self-service coffee at the Square starting aroung 6:15, but no self-service tea. The Obervation Lounge was completely empty on the only occasion that I went there at 6:00, expecting to get my morning coffee and found out that things had changed.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, CalmSea said:

Emin, the barista, is quite efficient. At 6:15, there may be a small line-up of 2 or 3. Around 6:30, it is usually free. There is also self-service coffee at the Square starting aroung 6:15, but no self-service tea. The Obervation Lounge was completely empty on the only occasion that I went there at 6:00, expecting to get my morning coffee and found out that things had changed.

Ah, nice to know they do have the self-service coffee set up at Seabourn Square now.  Thanks for the update.

On related note, can someone who sailed on SB, Crystal and Explora comment how they compare? Seems like SB prices are significantly lower, trying to understand why.

AK1004, I am really happy to hear this positive outcome for your first SB cruise. We’ve interacted a few times in the past on CC, and I know you weren’t sure what to expect. We really enjoyed our sailing on Quest last year, and look forward to Ovation next year. 

Edited by Vineyard View