WAS YOUR RCI SHIP ITINERARY CHANGED DUE TO A GULF OF MX HURRICANE?

Just curious about cruise itinerary changes because there has recently been, and currently are, quite a few tropical disturbsnces In the Caribbean.

If your itinerary was changed (say, from Florida to the Bahamas and Cozumel, or Costa Maya), but a hurricane was forecast to impact those areas, where did your ship end up going instead?

No matter what your original itinerary, if it had to be changed due to weather, where did it end up going?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited by mlbcruiser

Sailing on Enchantment OTS out of Tampa on 10/5, so naturally I was watching to ensure today's arrival, turn, and departure went smoothly.

It didn't.

Evidently the Port of Tampa wasn't fully cleared, and at present the ship is off the west coast of FL, waiting to arrive in port by noon Sunday.  So, what happens to those who board Sunday?  They're missing a whole day and I'd imagine the ship lacks the speed to make up for what would have been a leisurely sea day by going full throttle to Cozumel.  I'd bet they skip Costa Maya and bump all the other ports back one day, provided there's room at those ports on the subsequent days.

That, or they skip Cozumel in favor of an added sea day and head straight to the next port as scheduled.  Thoughts?

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They will make the best of it and shouldn't impact your sailing.

I never believed it would have an impact on my sailing; the operations guy in me just wonders what service recovery looks like for the people on the now-shortened 9/28 sailing.

We were supposed to do Western on Wonder last week. After first stop at Coco Cay ( which is in the Bahamas obviously), captain and meteorologist knew we couldn't go to Mexico and Honduras through the gulf so they switched us to the eastern itinerary and we went to st Thomas and st Martin instead. So people that did back to back will visit the same ports both weeks. 

12 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Just curious about cruise itinerary changes because there has recently been, and currently are, quite a few tropical disturbsnces In the Caribbean.

If your itinerary was changed (say, from Florida to the Bahamas and Cozumel, or Costa Maya), but a hurricane was forecast to impact those areas, where did your ship end up going instead?

No matter what your original itinerary, if it had to be changed due to weather, where did it end up going?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Morbid curiosity?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2024/09/24/helene-cruise-changes-carnival-royal-caribbean/75363020007/

My brother is supposed to board a ship for Grand Cayman and Cozumel and I'm not sure where else tomorrow. They have already changed Cozumel to Nassau.

Looks like a disturbance that will probably get named Leslie (I think it is?) could strengthen a bit and impact the Florida panhandle again around the end of this week,  But when you look at the Atlantic, there it's just one disturbance after another forming to the southwest and west. One called Kirk that won't likely impact Florida. I don't know where the one that they were calling Joyce is right now. Unless that's the one that caused the change in my brother's itinerary.