Valor or Miracle, which is better????

Jdleong

I want to go to the Western Caribbean, and the two are both sailing the same week and for about the same price (give or take $20).

Which ship would you sail on and why????

The only difference is Roatan vs Cozumel...otherwise they have three ports that are the same...

Spirit class vs Conquest class?

2100 guest vs 2900 guest?

Tampa vs Miami?

I value all CC opinions

Jan

Hi Jan, since I sailed on the Spirit and Pride and know the layouts, I now like the Conquest class better, especially the Fish and Chips section. Thats what sold me. I didnt feel crowded at all due to the more passengers on the Valor, it just felt the same and the ship is big enough for everyone.

Fred

Was the entertainment similar? Were the shows more crowded? Did you find that having two diningrooms better? Were you in the aft diningroom? Did you have vibration? We really noticed the vibration on the Legend, since our table was in the back next to the window.

There are no extended balconies on the Valor...and no 6232 size balcony! See what others think...

I haven't sailed on either, but when we were booking we also narrowed it down to the two ships. We decided on the Miracle (and when I say "we" I mean Dad) because it carries less passengers. That seems to be the only reason as of now. I plan to try them all someday though! They both look incredible so I doubt either one is a bad choice - at least I hope not!!!

I would say the Valor. When we were on the Miracle, the nightlife was DEAD... and I have heard many others say the same thing since our cruise. Not sure what it is, but the nightlife is really slow on that ship. Both are great ships... I prefer the layout on the Valor. On the Miracle, the entertainment venues seem to be spread all over, on varying decks... On the Valor, everything seems to be in the same general location... so you can go from place to place, without walking the ship. Loved having the fish and chips, and sushi bar on the Valor!!! It really depends on what you are looking for. I did notice a little more vibration, only when in the dining room, on the Miracle. We had rain nearly everyday on the Valor, and I didn't notice any vibration... could have just been that particular sailing though. Had a blast on both cruises... just seemed on the Miracle, we had to create our own fun, much of the time.

As for the extended balconies... I couldn't tell the difference. The extended balcony, to me, was not THAT much bigger... I wouldn't have paid extra for it.

Those were the two ships we also narrowed it down to for our anniversary cruise. We decided on The Miracle. A Couple of reasons. We live in NC and can drive to Tampa, Miracle has a chapel and we are renewing our vows, I like the less passenger thing too, and we went on The Glory last March and wanted to try something different.:)

I've sailed both, 2004 Valor, and 2005 Miracle. I like the Valor better.

1. food- same

2. entertainment -same

3. kids had more fun - Valor

4. ship design - Valor

5. ports - same

6. age of ship - Valor newer

7. Departure port - Miami 5-10 degrees warmer than Tampa in winter

8. Airports - Tampa (TPA) nice airport (Miracle); Miami & Ft lauderdale -2 airports with more flight options (Valor)

I had a much better experience on the Valor.

I know Miami is sometimes a little expensive to fly into, and while you can fly into Fort Lauderdale, it will still cost you a little more to get to Miami.

I really liked the Valor when I was on it and really don't mind the layout of Conquest class ships in general.

Personally, I am a Spirit class fan over a Conquest class. But again, that is a personal preference thing.

I love the layout of the Spirit class. It is definately a more subdued atmosphere than the Conquest...so keep that in kind. My kids liked the Conquest more.

I have read many places that the Spirit class was built for a more laid back feel. So if that is for you, fine. If you want to party til you drop, definately the Valor.

Perhaps I should cruise a few more times on both...just to make sure!!!

I definately like the Tampa port over the Miami port. (although it has been a year since we sailed out of Miami.)

Of course, there is more people and more walking on the larger ship. Some people don't like that. Some people love it.

Decisions....decisions...

I have read many places that the Spirit class was built for a more laid back feel. So if that is for you, fine. If you want to party til you drop, definately the Valor.

Ok, some of you have me worried. Is the Miracle a dud when it comes to nightlife? I don't want to drink until I fall overboard, but I am wanting some fun after 10pm. We are going during Christmas break so hopefully we will have a good mix of people on board. :confused:

Was the entertainment similar? Were the shows more crowded? Did you find that having two diningrooms better? Were you in the aft diningroom? Did you have vibration? We really noticed the vibration on the Legend, since our table was in the back next to the window.

There are no extended balconies on the Valor...and no 6232 size balcony! See what others think...

Yes the Enterainment is the same on all ships, The CD is American from Orlando Fl. his name is Brett Alans, and he does an awesome 30 minute magic show with his birds, not like the other CD's that bore you with their singing, way better show with Brett Alans. The Ivanhoe Theater was always full but you could always find somewhere to sit. I never had a problem finding a nice spot down center, I would get to the shows 30 minutes earily and order a bottle of beer. We had a seat in the Lincoln Dinning room, its in the middle of the ship, the entrance is right behind the Atrium Bar.

My table is the first one to the left as you go in, next to the Maiter'd table.

IMG_7711_420x280.jpg.6a2985e94bf12c184ba22b97a2969ad7.jpg

What about the decor? I had someone tell me that the Miracle was gaudy..at this moment I am favoring the Valor, but I am still looking for more opinions. The hotel costs in Miami are higher than Tampa. What did you pay for rooms in Miami or Tampa pre cruise...I know that Fort Lauderdale was rather expensive this past March..not cheap Priceline hotels available...

Also which is farther from the airport?

I have not been on either yet, I'm going on the Miracle in June so i have been reading up on her. Mostly everyone has written that the only thing that is tacky on the Miracle are the pink grape lights in the dining room. and I doubt that will have an affect on your vacation. I'm sure which ever ship you pick you'll have a blast. I haven't been on a carnival ship yet that I didn't have a blast!

Good Luck on your decision

I think it will boil down to whick week the Canadian schools have Spring Break, and if it is 1 week or 2 this next year. I like the Spirit class ships, but I like to snorkel in Roatan..decisions,decisions..that is half the fun, checking out the Ports of Calls. Any cruise is a great cruise...

Jan

Went on the Valor this past FEb and loved it. My favorite port was roatan. We went to Half Moon Bay, hired a private taxi driver for the day it was so peaceful and beautiful. There is a little resort w/snorkeling they had lobster tails 3 for $12 it was an amazing relaxing day. The piano bar on the Valor was a blast.

Great thread...we're wondering the same too. We have sailed the Glory and absolutely loved her and would sail her again, but want an itinerary with 4 stops and the Glory no longer has 4 stops. Have read great reviews about both the Miracle and Valor. Hotel and airfare to Miami is higher than TPA but like the size of the Glory/Triumph ships and know the layout. For us, it will probably come down to the cost of airfare and hotels. Even the Holiday Inn at Bayside is becoming very, very expensive. For March 2007, they aren't even showing any available rooms and looking into earlier dates for 2007, the refundable rate is running $199 plus taxes. Yikes! We paid $35 for the Hyatt on Priceline in 2003. Situation of supply and demand! In terms of airfare, from Maine, it is currently running an additional $100+ per person between TPA and FLL/Mia.

Archived