On cruise Docs I noticed an email address...

hopelea

If you don't currently have an internet-based mail service (hotmail, yahoo, etc.), I would recommend opening an account now. You do not want to pay the exorbitant fee for using the ship's assigned email address. Here's the fee, as posted on NCL's web site:

Personalized Cruise-mail™ - $3.95 per e-mail transmission

i cant remember the price i saw but it was pretty high. i did however give that email address to relatives as an emergency contact. if someone emails me at that address, the ship prints it and delivers it to the cabin relatively quickly. i only plan to check my own email once a day, so if its something that someone at home feels i need to know right away, i suggested they send to both. (my teenage daughter is going to be with her dad, and my two puppies are also going to be with them.)

so if its something that someone at home feels i need to know right away, i suggested they send to both. (my teenage daughter is going to be with her dad, and my two puppies are also going to be with them.)

I give my family/friends a slightly different rule: If I need to know AND it's a situation I can do something about.

If I can't do anything about it I don't want to know & have my vacation ruined ;)

-Monte

I will have my cell phone with me. All of my family has that. I know that we won't get great service most places. But, it can be checked from time to time.

I agree.........if it something that I can do something about, than let me know, if not.....i'll deal with it when we get home :)

Archived