Sailing out of Venice

emckeeve

We are sailing on the Navigator this summer out of Venice. We will be dropping off a rental car near the station in the Piazzale Roma. How will we get to the ship? Which pier does the Navigator use? Thanks for your help.

We sailed out of Venice a few years ago and the ship was within walking distance of the main terminal where all the public transport boats started down the grand canal. I noticed lots of parking garages in the area. We walked back and forth a few times while we were docked there and then took a vaparetto further into town.

Sadly - I don't remember the name of the area, but I believe it is near the station you refer to. If you are in Venice at one of the hotels, you can easily get a water taxi out there as well. We arranged one through the "official" transport company the cruise line gave us, which was nice but uneccessary - we could have gotten a water taxi from the hotel at a cheaper price.

We looooooved Venice - have a great trip!

Piazzale Roma is within walking distance to the ship - whichever dock she uses. It may be best that you drop off the luggage first - if you show the guard your tickets (and he is in a goood mood), you will be able to drive close to the ship. Last year (I think) - we too - presumably had a car waiting for us at Piazzale Roma, but all that was there was an office: a train ride to mainland got us the actual car. That was Sixt - and they were really, really sorry, but sh*t happens in Italy.

Be carefull - a walk from Piazzale Roma to the dock is across a busy highway: nobody stops for pedestrians.

We were there with Crystal, and they provided private taxi from the dock to St. Marco. Presumably Regent will do the same?

Venice is beautiful indeed. But - after a rude waiter at one of the restaurants on Piazza San Marco wanted 27 euro for two cokes, I had enough of it.

Enjoy!

Miro

Archived