Fundraiser event last night

I have been privileged to serve on committees for many worthy causes. Last night was a fundraiser entitled "Celebrate a Woman's Right to Shoes". We had dozens of fun shoes for men, women and children available for silent auction. They were displayed by impossibly gorgeous men in tuxedoes carrying pillows with a single shoe. There were over 300 attendees. In addition to the shoes, we had 150 items donated by area businesses from gift certificates to restaurants to trips to Park City, Utah. There was also a live auction. It was a lot of fun. The martini bar featured a spike heel peep toe ice sculpture. The martini was poured through the throat to the shoe, came out perfectly chilled into a glass held by the patron. Too cute!

Ironically, the shoes I wore hurt my feet so much that I wound up carrying them most of the night. I wore them around the house all day to make sure they would be comfy. They were black patent leather sling backs with a 3 inch wedge and a pointy toe. Really cute, but not good for standing at cocktail parties!

--Judy

That sounds like the kind of fundraiser that I would definitely go too! I love shoes and think that's sooooo cool!

Sorry about your sore feet sweetie, go get yourself a pedicure and relax! You deserve it~!

Great fundraiser idea! I might have to "borrow" it..

while on the subject of shoes and sore feet -

I bought a really nice pair of shoes to go with a fun skirt I had and while at the store the shoes felt great! However, after an evening out (thank goodness no dancing that night!) I found me feet abused and sore - I wore teh shoes without hose - could that be why they rubbed me the wrong way on the side of my foot and my poor little toes? How do I make a pair of shoes that fit more comfy?

What a fun idea!!!

And honey....don't you know that every pair of shoes on the planet has a time-limit? :) If you have a fab pair that you want to wear to a party, do NOT wear them around the house for hours....it only eats into their daily time limit. Next time, stick to slippers at home and pop the pumps on as you are exiting your car. LOL

Tracy

What a great fundraiser idea!

I'm with zotzer on the "shoe time limit", and I thought I was the only one who wore slippers in the car!

My boss, who goes to plenty of formal events (and loves her shoes) calls them senseless shoes.

Archived