11-25-06 anyone?

cruisemutt

Hi Everyone... I've seen a few familiar names on this bbs so far. Who else is cruising with us in November? I've been ready to go since I booked in January and pretty much driving everyone near me crazy. Eh, they're just jealous!:D

Bill

Hi Bill,

I see you found this board too. I post on 3 boards for DCL.

I have tried to find others on our cruise here, but no luck so far, accept you. I have found a few for our other cruise, in September.

Hope your having a great week. I think the waiting is the hardest part of crusing!!!

Seeing all the Dsiney cruise line buses driving around is very depressing!

Of course if I were on it, that would be a different story!

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Hey Kathy... good to hear from ya. I know what you mean. I'm pretty lucky actually. I'm an illustrator and I do woodwork (along with sign design and production). I'm re-doing our "florida" room in a disney theme and am in the process of creating frames (I guess, in honor of my first cruise on the magic, in an Art Deco style). I really am being a lil goofy about all of this but I'm all grown up and its my right to have my quirks-lol.

Two quick questions for ya:

1. Wheres the other bbs, if you don't mind giving up that info

&

2. I was told how to post a pic on these board but I don't have the set up to do it. If I was to send you a couple pics (DW and DPD-thats disney pirate dog) could you possibly post them for me?

Thanks in advance for your help

Bill:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone... I've seen a few familiar names on this bbs so far. Who else is cruising with us in November? I've been ready to go since I booked in January and pretty much driving everyone near me crazy. Eh, they're just jealous!:D

Bill

Me, my hubby & 2 kids will be on the Magic 11/25 - can't wait either (we booked beginning of November '05)! Do you know if they will have it decorated for Christmas at that point?

Danielle

WELCOME ABOARD Danielle!!!! and family

Glad to have you with us.

Yep the ship should be all decorated for Christmas when we sail. They usually have it decorated around Thanksgiving each year.

After the first time we saw it all decked out for the holidays it always looked too plain when we did cruises at other times of the year.

I dont know if they do the tree lighting ceremony that early, but at least the tree will be up. I like the ceremony, it is such fun.

I know you said you booked in 05, but is this your first or second cruise with DCL?

Sorry I dont have any kids to meet your kids, mine are all grown with kids of their own. But I'm sure they will meet lots of kids in the clubs if they are old enough to go to the clubs.

I can hardly wait, we booked about 6 months before you did. Now they dont post the date to book that far out, I wish they did,it make sit so much easier to plan for it.

I am looking forward to getting to know you over the next few months and then we can all meet on board. Criusemutt and his wife seem to be really nice people too. We have chatted on other sites before.

So please keep on posting and we can all get aquainted.

mom x4,grandma x4

kathy

It's very nice to meet you too. This is our very first DCL cruise and we can't wait. My little ones are 4 & 7 and its all they talk about. We've been on a couple of RCCL, Celebrity & Carnival cruises without the kids so this will be our first big family vacation. My parents will be joining us as well. I've heard DCL does a great job with the christmas decorations it should be lovely. Since you've cruised with them before, any tips you can offer would be welcomed. Where are you from? We're from New York.

Hi Danielle,

Wow your first Disney cruise! Your in for a great time. Your kids are the perfect age for a DCL cruise. They are young enough that it will all seem magical to them, but old enough to remember it.

I have lots of information to tell you. I will break it down over a few letters so it is not so confusing.

Ok, most people dont know that you can take a couple of pillowcases (preferrably white) put them in a zip lock baggie with water proof pens ( sharpies), include a card with your name an droom number on it. Take this the FIRST day to guest services and ask them to have them signed by the characters. You can have all the characters or just the princesses sign them. They will be returned to your room late the last night. This is a great free souvenir. Perhaps as a gift for the kids afterwards. You must do this the FIRST day as they need all week to get this done. It is limit of 2 items per room, so if your parents have a different room, they can do this too. They limit the amount because it they didnt they could have so many things to sign that they could never do it all. Some people use matte style picture frames instead of pillow cases or white t-shirts. You should pre wash and iron whatever you use too.

Ok, again at guest sevices you can ask for a Hidden Mickey's scavenger hunt list. This will give you clues to find lots of hidden Mickeys around the ship. Kids seem to love to do this, once they understand what they are looking for. Kids are usually better than adults at this. It is just a fun family project to do when you have some free time, and again most dont know about this.

I have just read that they have a scavenger hunt on Castaway Cay too. After 10 DCL cruises this is the first time I have heard of it, it may be new. I dont know where to get the clues at, but I'm sure guest services will know where to get them. I am going to try and research this more before the cruise. We are actually going on a 7 day DCL cruise on 9/23/06 too, so worse case scenario I will find out then, all the details.

The day before we arrive at CC you will see listed in the Navigator the palce and time for you to take your kids to make a kite. They are easy to assemble with alittle help from the parents and the kids love to decorate the kites. Then on CC they have an area of the beach where you can help the kids fly the kites. They do get to keep these, they are another free souvenir. They fold up pretty small for travel too.

The 7 year old will have the chanc eto make flubber in the kids club, be sure and sign him or her up for this, it is great fun for the kids, plus they get to take the flubber home with them, again a free souvenir.

Also on the last (early) evening on the hsip. All the kids in the clubs put on a little show in the theater for the parents. At that time all the kids are given a gift, such as a hat or t-shirt to small back pack as a free souvenir.

Of course the clubs are awesome and the security is great for the kids. You can stay in the clubs with your kids if you think they are nervous about attending them. Atleast until they get comfortable with it, of course they dont have to go to the clubs, but I hope they will because they are very good.

Ok, next is character meets on the ship. There are a few everyday on the ship. The first and last day are the longest lines. In the Navigator paper and on atv screen in the atrium of the ship all the meets for the day will be listed. The tv in the atrium will even tell you which characters will be there at the appointed time.

My advice for these is arrive at least 15 minutes early to get a place in line, especially for the princess sessions. They are the most popular. They line up early in long lines that move along pretty good, but they are only out for 25 minutes at a time. The good news is some sessions are photos only so the lines move fast, when they allow autographs the lines move much slower. Good new is usually there are several characters out at a time so that divides the lines really nice. Most sessions are in the atrium. However the gazebo by the family pool there have characters show up too, no lines there at all. The best time is along the path to the beach at CC there will be characters for photos and autoghraphs along the way. These lines are short and move quickly because everyone wants to rush to the beach for the day. Your Navigator paper will tell you the times, plus there are some around where you board the ship at the end of the day at CC too. There will be a character breakfast one morning for you too. Your wait staff will tell you what day yours will be. This is awesome because the characters will come up to the kids at your table for photos. No autographs there because they have to hurry some in order to see all the kids in the dining room that morning.

Well that is all for now, i'm sure this will give you something to think about for now, I will post more later.

One last thing, If you havnt done this already, go to DCL's web site and order the FREE DVD about the cruises. It is full of information and I'm sure it will add the excitement for you and your family. It does take 2 or 3 weeks to get, so order it now and enjoy!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Thank you Kathy. All of that information was great....please keep it coming!

We did order the DVD as soon as we booked. The kids love to watch it over & over again especially the kid's club part. Both are very outgoing so I'm sure they will love the camp and probably beg to go.

Howdy Danielle,

Iam so glad you have the video, it is fun to watch. We get a new one each year just to see how they have changed.

I forgot to answer your question.

We are from Fruitland park Florida. We have lived here for 3 weeks now, before that we lived in Poinciana Florida for 6 years. (near Kissimmee).

We are in a little town near Leesburg if that helps some, to find us. We are about an hours drive from WDW and go there almost every weekend. And about 90 minutes form the port. It is very nice for us!!! I know WDW like the back of my hand, also Universal studios and sea world. We have annual passes for all of them and believe me, we use them all the time.

Originally we lived all our lives in Oregon, that is home for us.

I would classify us as country folk. A little crazy at times too. I am just a old kid who will never totally grow up!!!At least I hope i don't.

Ok, now for something you dont read about too much too. DCL nows has a pirate themed deck party. Based for pirates of the Caribbean movie.

This is a great party, you might try for al ate nap that day so your kids can be awake and full of pep for this. It starts at 9:45 p.m. The kids are told about this at the clubs and they are told, NOT to tell Captain Hook about the party!!! There is music and pirate dances and best of all everyone is invited to dress as pirates, starting at dinner and throughout the evening. This is so much fun. Some have full pirate costumes, some just pirate t-shirts and bandanas anfdeye patches. This is everyone, not just kids dressing up. It wa sos much fun to go to dinner and check out all the costumes around us, yes I was dressed as a pirate too!! Nothing fancy, just watched clos eout sales, thrift stores and after halloween sales. I wont give away everything, but of course captain hook crashes the party and all the kids BOO him. But there is a skit, characters will appear in pirate clothes and fireworks will top off the party and then there is a late night deck buffet, followed by the playing of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie on the outside Dumbotron movie screen. By the time we crusie the second movie ill be out so they may play that one instead. But this is a must do event, so try to hav ekids up for it. They will have ablast. Bring the carmera or cam corder , you'll need it. In fact we carry our camera every where with us, including dinner. Things just happen every where that you will want pictures of. We even have pictures of our wait staff and some gorgeous foods. It seems weird at the time, but now it is great to have the pictures ot remind us of things.

You will rotate dining rooms, i fyou make Plaos reservations for one night, make it after the first 3 nights so you will experience each restaurant at least once. The first night for each restaurant usually has something special about it and a special event of some kind you wont want to miss. So always stay for dessert because you may miss something if you leave early.

I forgot, at dinner on pirate night your wait staff will dress up in pirate attire and everyone a the table will be given a pirate bandana to wear. They even tie it on your head at dessert time. Plus a souvenir menu that is rolled up like a scroll. One per family. They are pretty neat looking.

I think for breakfast and lunch the buffet is much better than the restaurants. Of course welove to sit outsid etoo, which you can opt to do at the buffet.

If you are too full for dessert at dinner, ask to take it back to your room. Thye will let you do that.They have one strange rule though. If two of you in the same room take back a dessert, they must be two different desserts. strange I know, but this is the rule. You do have a small frig in your room. It is not cold, but it is cool for storing stuff.

If you want a healthy late night snack for the kids or yourself, stop at Goofy" galley and get a paper plate full of fruit and take back to the room for late night or early morning snacks. They do set out latenight snacks by the clubs and the Promenade lounge around 11:00 p.m. The time is listed in the Navigator. They are pretty tasty snacks.

I dont know about other lines but DCL has a drink station on deck 9 with free pop, milk, coffe, assorted teas, lemonade, Hi C, and hot cocoa. I tis 24 hours a day. Restaurants will serv ethose beverages for free too. BUT, if you order a pop or coffee at a bar or lounge or in the theater you will be charged for it, plus a gratuity. So go to the drink station and get your own to take to the shows, or clubs or movie so you wont be paying for it and you'll have a drink. Same goes for the food. You can buy snacks and pop by the theater, but grab a hot dog on deck or pizza or chicken strips, chips, fries, fruit, what ever you want for free and take it to the show with you if you are hungry. No need to buy it. People do this ALL the time. Of course if you want candy or a smoothies then you will have to buy it, just like alcoholic beverages.

For the most part everything is covered in your price of the cruise The Spa and arcade are extra, alcoholic drinks, smoothies, cost extra. The wine and beer tasting events are extra too, but everything else is pretty much included. I understand alot of cruiselines charge extra for alot of things that disney doesnt charge for. The BBQ lunch on CC is free too.

well enough for now, i have more to tell you at a later time. Please let me know if you have any question about anything I have written. Sometimes my brain jumps ahead of what I am writing so it doesnt always say what I think I have said.

Until later,

kathy

I will also be on the Magic that week. I work way to much, I'm at the office more then I'm home, and I'm really looking forward to spending some quailty time with my wonderful Wife and Kids.;)

Howdy Andy99,

WELCOME to our little group of cruisers!! I am so happy to have you and your family with us.

I see byyour post you are a seasoned cruiser, but no Disney cruises yet Is that right?

I dont know the ages of your kids, but Danielle has kids, maybe they will be close to the same age. I'm afraid my youngest kid will be 24 this year. YIKES, where does the time go??

We are from Florida, what state are you guys from?

Well if you or your family have any questions about DCL, please ask and I will try to answer them for you. I dont know everything, but I do know quite a bit after 10 cruises with DCL, and I am happy to share what I can.

It's nice you will have some time to be with your family, The kids grow up so fast, they will be grown and gone before you know it, treasure every moment.

Please feel free to share some of your cruise experiences with us, we would love to hear them. I hope more people will see our post and join in too.

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Howdy Danielle,

Here are a few more things to know about DCL.

I will go back to day one:

The terminal opens around 10:00 a.m. You wont be alllowed to board the ship until 11:45 to noon.

We like to arrive early to get a good number for our boarding pass and it is a quick check in , if you fill out all your papers ahead of time.

They do have seats and small tv screens playing disney cartoons to entertain the kids. There is a viewing deck to step out on too.

We love to get aquainted with people in the terminal. I always look for the people who I have been writing to on the cruise boards. we always meet on board too, but it is fun to look ahead of time.

If you arrive later in the morning the crowds will be gone so you wont even need a boarding pass , you will walk right on.

You will have a boarding picture taken before you get on the ship, so dress accordingly. As soon as you get on board you will be greeted and directed towards lunch. You can choose parrot Cay or the buffet on deck 9. Go to which ever one you want, dont let them steer you to the restaurant if you want the buffet. Sometimes they try to do that to fill up the restaurant. Most people like the buffet because you are up on deck for the view. You can eat inside or outside or around the pools. Lots of kids wear their swim suits under their clothes and zip they are right in the pool as fast as you can blink your eyes.

At 1:30 you can go to your room and put away your carry on stuff, check out the Navigator paper. Then off to check out the kids clubs and get your pager. Usually have a cruise meet around 3 which gives time for chit chat then back to the room to get ready for the safety drill at 4. Immediatly after that you can go directly to the deck party!! This sets the mood for the cruise, so dont miss it! If your kids want to get a good look at the characters try to get up by the stage because after 15 minutes of the party they will appear for about 10 minutes and they will do a count down til we set sail. this is something other ships just dont do anymore. It is great fun, then you can look out from deck 9 or zip up to deck 10 to get agreat view as we pull out of the dock. sometimes there are dolphins along side the ship, so check both sides as we start moving.

There is a charcter breakfast one morning, your servers will tell you when. This is great for the kids. Some different characters will come to your table to greet your kids and to take pictures. You can take a quick snapshot as well as the photographers. This way there is no line. But they only stay for a minute because they have so many kids to visit.

It is usually at 8:30 a.m.

All the shows are awesome. All but one have lots of characters in them. The new show Twice Charmed only has cinderella and her family. No real characters, but it's a great show. We like to do the matiness performances because they are not as crowded, and it gives you a lot more time to do other things in the evening without rushing after dinner.

The shows are exactly the same, they dont leave anything out just because it is a matinee.

There are always movies playing in the theater too. They always have the kid friendly ones playing in the afternoon and adult ones in the evenings. Any premiere movies are played in the Walt Disney Theater once ot twice, then in the regular theater, so it can handle the crowds better.

The rooms are slightly than rooms on other lines. The split bathrooms are really great when you have a family. It is so much easier to get changed for dinner or to catch a shower. the shower does have a small tub which is great for bathing young kids who really arnt comfortable with a shower yet.

Well that is all I can think of for now. When I think of something else I iwll write more. Perhaps about excursions.

Do you have any idea of what you may want to do at the ports? I have been twice before to these ports. so I may be able to help you with some questions.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Yes, Andy does have kids the same age as mine because he is my husband....isn't he sweet? He does work hard and he deserves this vacation more than we do. We're from Long Island, born and raised.

I'm glad you told me when we are allowed to board. We are planning on getting there early since we will be flying in the day before. Maybe we'll see you in the terminal!

We haven't planned anything to do at the ports. I noticed a lot of the excursions are 5 & up so that rules my son out. We went to both islands on our honeymoon 10 years ago and just walked around and shopped. Maybe we'll hit the beach.....I would love to hear any recommendations you have. I do plan on making my Palo & kids club reservations as soon as I am able to online.

Have you had an instance where you requested a dining change? My parents and our friends (with kids) booked the cruise a few weeks after us and couldn't get the early seating. They're on the waiting list and linked to our reservations. Is it a problem to get changed? I really don't want to change to the later seating since we have the little ones.

I can't thank you enough for all of the info you are giving me!

Howdy,

Boy, you guys had me fooled! I never made the connection between the two of you. Well I guess the kids will all know each other on the cruise huh? No need to worry about introducing them. Ha! Ha!

The wait list will sometimes get them a change, but it is slim odds.

but it is not hopeless.

On the first day, just a soon as you get into your room, or they get in their room, check the Navigator paper. It will name a place and time to report to if you want to try to change dinner seatings or to make reservations for Palo's. Have them be there right at the appointed time. You should go with them and both of you take your dining tickets you will find in your room too. They will try to link you together on early dining . There are NO guarantees. The more people in your group, the harder it is to do. We have done this a few time to change to early dining and it has always worked for us. Sometimes they will get it done right there. Other times they will call your room and leave a message if they can get you changed. Another thing you can try is to contact one of the people who you booked with and have both your DCL reservation numbers with you and sometimes they can link your reservations so DCL will seat you together. Or just call or e-mail DCL and explain what you want to do and include both reservation numbers, names and perhaps birth dates and a number and e-mail where you can be reached. Sometimes DCL will link you together too. If you had booked together, but separate rooms and billing they would of linked you right on the spot when you booked.

Good luck, but this sort of thing you need to do immediately for your best chances, unless your going to wait til you get on board. I have read of others in your situation and that is what they did. some were successful and others wern't.

Let me know what you find out. I will ask a couple of more experienced cruisers than me if they know any other way to try to do this, but I think this is the only ways to try to do it.

Ok, on St. Maartin there is a butterfly farm tour that is nice for kids. Our grandkids did it and Christian was only 2 1/2 at the time. His sister was 5. Maybe they have changed the age restrictions now, but they were allowed to do that tour and the kids loved it. Plus they had a short stop for shopping. But since you have been there you know that most of the shopping is only a 20 minute walk from the port or a quick jog on the water taxi's at the port. The BF tour was a couple of hours I think. I know that when they came back, they had lunch and then went out for shopping in the afternoon and had lots of time to spare.

They didnt do anything on St. Thomas. We watched the kids and actually we did take them on a tour of both sides of the island. The tour wasn't much, but the 3 view points were very nice, but the driver was so bad that we were scared the entire trip!! I have always heard that Florida, New York and L.A. have the worlds worst drivers! I say PHOOEY on that.!!! The people who rate these things have never ridden in a bus or taxi on some of these islands!!! It was like a run away roller coaster. He almost hit a woman who was in a cross walk and we had a red light, she had the walk signal. He slammed the brakes and cussed her out. he was way over the speed limit and he stopped in the middle of the road, on a mountain, on a blind curve so we could see the airport below!! It was a wild adventure to say the least, but it was boring for kids, luckily our grandkids slept alot and they were just so excited to be with us they stayed content. It was the first time they had seen us, since they were old enough to remember us, as they live 3500 miles from us. So we spoiled them worse than rotton and they stuck to us like glue the entire trip.

Other than a beach day and the butterfly farm I cant think of any excursions for young kids there either. If they were a little older I would say the Eco hike on St. John's island. it was a lot of fun and the kids in our group loved it. you got to hike, swim, and see an old sugar mill and then back to a ferry boat to get back to st. thomas to the ship.

Of course in the morning while everyone is on excursions your kids would have the Mickey pool almost to themselves. Then lunch and off to shop as others are returning to the ship. That might be a nice idea too.

Well at least now I will know that I am writing to both of you. I know Bill (cruisemutt) from another thread for this cruise that we are both on. I'm sure we will all get to meet either on the ship or in the terminal. In the past I have always desrcibed what I am wearing and what I look like or try to post a picture of us, and I ask everyone what they are wearing and what time they think they will be arriving and we all look for each other. I have had a great success rate with this method. Plus we always set up a place and time to meet the first day on board. Usually is it at 3:00 p.m. in the Promenade lounge. the reason is by 3 most are on the ship and have had time for lunch, to check out their room, check in at the kids club and explored some parts of the ship. Plus that gives us an hour before we have to be back in our rooms for the safety drill at 4:00 P.M. The Promenade lounge is a family lounge, it is open to the main walkway that you will walk down when you board the ship and head for lunch. So it is easy to find, since it isnt walled in like most areas it is easy to come and go and find each other. They never have anything set up there on the first day in the afternoon so we are out of everyone's way and it is a large area so lots of people will fit in there with no problems and the kids can

have room to walk around some or look out the big port hole windows at the ocean. I will talk about that when we get closer to the cruise

Take care,

mom x4,grandma x4

Kathy

Kathy,

Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to surprise my wife by posting. Thanks for all the great advice!

I have cruised before but this is my First DCL trip and this is the first cruise for the kids. Im sure it will be great. See you on the ship!

Andy

Danielle

Keep up all the great research. Looks like Kathy is going to have you completely filled in on everything before we leave.

HI Andy and Danielle,

I thought it was funny when I found out you were a couple. When I told my husband he thought it was really funny. He told me I'd better pay more attention to what I read. I think it was a great way to surprise Danielle. I hope you will contine to post too. We women out number the men on these boards about 100 to 1. It is nice to have a mans point of view on things, of course we women wont change our minds ( Ha! Ha!), but it is great to read others opinions and experiences on things.

Cruisemutt, (Bill) is on here too, so we are tied 2 to 2 so far.

My husband puts in a lot of hours too, but we moved much closeer to work about 3 weeks ago, so his commute is a lot less on most days which frees up 3 plus hours a day for him to be at home. That is nice for us and with gas prices going up everyday, it helps the budget too.

Hope all of you have a HOPPY EASTER!!!

Next year we are thinking about trying either RCCL or Celebrity for a week, any thoughts on thos elines for us to consider, if you've cruised on them??? thanks for any tips you might have,

kathy

Hi Andy and Danielle.... glad to have you with us! Kathy is sort of my cruise and cruise bbs director too! You're going to have a fantastic time, I have no doubt. I've only been on one dcl cruise so far but I'm true believer...

I did have a question, though... I keep reading about this castaway club thing and perks offered. Can anyone give me a clue what that entails? I've heard about a reception with the crew and I guess we get first dibs on reservations to certain things. Help me fill in the blanks here, anyone??

Btw...I finally got a positive response from Woogal (thats my wife, she posts occasionally too). Just a hint of a hope, mind you, but...the words were there. "Maybe we should book our next cruise while we're aboard on 11-25-06". :eek: It does become an addiction---I can live with it though.

Happy Easter to all....

Enjoy....

Bill

Hi Bill,

The castaway club is just what you belong too when you are a repeat cruiser. Since you have done DCL once before , this will include you this trip. Youcan call and ask for your CC club member number. Bit all you have to do is to make sure when you book that you say you are a repeat guest. We requested a card with our names and numbers on it and we use them when we book to make sure we get our perks. Although they will tell you that it is not necessary. They may not even issue cards anymore, I dont know.

Basically you will have a different check in line thati s very quick and a gift will be waiting for you in your room. I wont tell you what, let it be a surprise. Then afew days into the cruise you will receive a invitation to a reception with the captain and some officers. It will have refreshments too. This is for your entire family and you must have the invitation to attend. I have no idea about the dibs on reservations thing, I have never used it for that. Hope this helps a little.

Kathy

Howdy, Bill, Andy and Danielle,

Hope all of you had a good Easter weekend. We stayed home and relaxed. We are still pooped out from moving. But it was a good weekend, as I did get Greg out to buy some furniture that we needed. It was a comprimise. I got my furniture for the family room and he got a big screen TV for the family room. They just delieverd it a few minutes ago. I have already hidden the remote!!! I have been married 30+ years, so I know what to do to stay in control! Ha! Ha!

We ladies have to stay one step ahead of you guys. It is a question of survival of the sneakest!!! I am good at that, just ask my husband.

Well we are one week closer to our cruise. I am really getting anxious to go.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, Hi Bill. Happy Easter! Nice to meet you Bill, where are you from?

Sorry we haven't written. We flew down to Baltimore, MD this weekend with the kids to visit friends. This was a test run for the kids to see how they would do on a plane since it was a short 1 hour flight. They did great and loved flying. This is another plus for our trip...we don't have to worry about 2 screaming children on the way to Florida for the cruise.

Thanks for all of the excursion information. The Butterfly one looks nice. We take the kids to the Bronx Zoo where they have a butterfly exhibit that the kids love. They fly all around you and even land on you. That's a good possability.

Thanks for your info on the dining. All of our reservations are linked and they are on the waiting list. We'll see what happens.

We love RCCL and the 2 cruises we took were wonderful. Of the 2 we took the one on the Navigator was nice. It's a large ship but you don't feel like there's a lot of people on there. Also the majority of the oceanview staterooms had balconies which was nice. Celebrity was good but I enjoyed RCCL and thought the ships were prettier. When it came to service and the food both RCCL & Celebrity were equal. We've done Carnival which we won't do again...we weren't impressed at all.

Keep the advice coming...talk to you soon!

Hi Andy, Danielle, and Bill,

Hope you are all having a great day.

My husband surprised me a couple of days ago by booking a 3 day cruise on the Wonder for May 4th. I have less than 2 weeks to get ready. No sweat, i have done this so many times I can be ready in an hour if I have to. This will help give me a disney fix to last until our cruise gets here. I need it! Of course I always need a cruise, Ha! Ha!

It doesnt matter how long the cruse is, if I'm on the ship, then I am happy!!! They had a florida residents special so we got a verandah on deck 6 for 1/2 price.:D That was awesome!!!!

I will post a short cruise report when we get back, but this cruise is mostly to relax and unwind after a lot of work ,moving this past few weeks, so wont do as much as we normally would do. Probably hit the clubs for music, hot tubs, and a couple of shows. No excursions, just roam around Nassau on our own.

Still hot here in florida,around 90 degrees today and yesterday.

Have a great week everyone, post when you get the time, I always love to hear from you. Any comments, or questions, speak up!!

Kathy

Hey Danielle, Kathy and Andy....lemme get through all these....1. I'm from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio Danielle. Its a little suburb of Akron which is a little suburb of Cleveland which no one really wants to claim as a suburb. Anyhow.......2. Happy Easter to everyone...and 3. I hope you gave my offer serious consideration Kathy. I really dont weight that much and will fit into a medium size duffle bag. I wont squirm when they take the pics at the gangplank (although the tail may pop out inadvertently--the hazards of smuggling mutts aboard). Seriously, though... I hope you have a great time.

All I really want at this point is to get over this flu that has me and the wife pinned down. Its been in the 70's in Ohio and thats really nice for us but theres no enjoying it stuck in the house under a blanket. Eh, what can ya do?

Anyways.... hope you all are well.

Talk to ya soon.

Bill:eek:

PS. I can't wait to see what you think of DCL. Its going to be interesting to get a first hand account of the contrast between the different lines.

B.

Feel better Bill!!!

Kathy, That's great that you have another cruise booked! Let us know how it goes and have a wonderful time! I hope when my kids are grown I'll be able to travel like you do. Take care and have fun!

Archived