Amsterdam

amy2951

Hi everyone, we have cabin 2546 and I was just wondering how much movement and discomfort people have had. We were lucky to get this cabin, as supp the ship is just about sold out. If anyone has been in that cabin or nearby, I would appreciate any inform or 'secrets' the Amsterdam might hold.

Thank you

Amy,

Your cabin is just aft of the forward elevators main deck port side.

You should have a good ride, but you didn't say where you were going, that makes a difference.

You'll have some sea spray on your windows I'll bet, but that's fun too.

Give us more info and we'll try to help.

GN

Amy,

You'll love this itinerary, we've done it twice, once out of Ny and once out of Montreal.

The Amsterdam is HAL's sister flagship (with Rotterdam). She's elegant and beautiful. I really couldn't pick between Amsterdam and Rotterdam, they're so alike except for the aft pool deck locations.

There are quite a few shorex to pick from.

In Sydney NS we like the Bras D'Or Lakes sail on the Ameoba with lunch in Baddeck. In Bar Harbor we did Cadillac Mt and lobster Bake. It was absolutely wonderful. We took the afternoon tour so we had lunch first. Mistake as we had tried in the clam chowder on the harbor front and we're pretty full. Great shopping town, but very hilly. Everything is close by. I love Jack's, it's a jewelry store specializing in tourmaline (Maine's state stone).

Boston of course is fantastic. We ate at Cheers and rode the swan boats (on our own). We've also done the Old town trolley but you really need a whole day to do this. If you get off at Quincy Market it's a short bus ride back to the pier.

Halifax has a wonderful tour. High Tides and Fine wines with lunch.

We'd do this a third time as we love New England and Canada. When we got off in Boston last summer we spent 3 days in New Hampshire and flew home from Manchester which is a much cozier airport than Logan in Boston.

PEI has many good shorex but we went on our own both times.

The Saguanay fjords are lovely and it's a scenic cruising day on the St. Lawrence.

Have a ball, wish we were going too, especially on the Amsterdam.

GN

We were on same ship, same deck, but about 15 cabins aft of your cabin (more midship) to Alaska. Had heavy duty seas and it rode very well. My BIL, who is prone to seasickness, did not have any problem and he was in the cabin next to us. You will get more of a ride being more foreward, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Gary

Archived