soda card vs. price per glass

HRKC

We are a family of four and sailing in June on the Miracle.

Does anyone know the current rate for the unlimited soda card, and the price per soda without a card?

We are not big on colas so it may be better for us to pay as we go rather than to purchase a card.

Thanks.

KC

Children drink soda's free in dining room. You can carry a few 12-packs on board with you. If you are not big drinkers - then I would purchase by the drink. My wife and I purchase one and usually share it.

I didn't realize the kids/teens can have soda at no charge in the dining room. That will certainly affect our decision.

I will surely consider bringing a six pack or two. That'll make room in our luggage for souvenirs. :)

I purchased the soda card for my daughter. It was $4 per day ($28 for our 7-day cruise) plus 15% gratuity. Individual sodas were $1.75 plus 15% gratuity. My daughter doesn't drink tea or milk and didn't care for the lemonade or fruit punch that were available on the ship. We did bring a 6-pack of diet pepsi for me but going back to the cabin every time you want a drink is a pain!

We did bring a 6-pack of diet pepsi for me but going back to the cabin every time you want a drink is a pain!

I agree. I'm on vacation and don't want to go back to the cabin every hour. I do bring a 12 pack just for when I am in the cabin already, but I get the soda card too.

the pop-card is a good deal if you drink a lot of pop. my wife goes through 2 2-liter bottles a day; for her, the card is a good deal. you'll have to do your own math for your own circumstances.

Do children really get soda "free" in the dining room? That's the first I've heard of that. What's the age limit? This will be the first time we cruise with the kids. My sixteen year old does not drink soda at all, so I figure the fruit punch, lemonade and iced tea will be just fine for her, but I was planning on buying a soda card for my 12 y/o. I don't really want her drinking soda all day long, but on the other hand don't want to have the hassle of running back to the room for one of the sodas we brought or have her charge a bunch of soda on her S&S card without realizing how much it is. Just figured it would be easier for her and us. I've never bought a soda card for myself, didn't even drink the whole six pack of Diet Pepsi I brought onboard for my last cruise. I usually had iced tea with lunch and a glass of wine with dinner, but I did take the 20 oz cola bottles to the pool and got cups of ice, it was nice to have out by the pool.

I didn't realize the kids/teens can have soda at no charge in the dining room. That will certainly affect our decision.

I will surely consider bringing a six pack or two. That'll make room in our luggage for souvenirs. :)

Only children UNDER 12 can have comp soft drinks in the dining room only - not at Lido buffet area.

Carnival does allow a reasonable amount of soft drinks to be brought on board. You can also buy more at one of the ports.

I think I'll just pack a small amount of pop. My daughter doesn't drink pop, with the exception of a Shirley Temple each evening. She will love the hot chocolate, iced and hot tea, punch and lemonade. I'm still debating on what to do for my son and husband. I don't want them drinking too much soda, but the convenience of the card is nice.

Thanks to all for the helpful posts! :)

I'm still debating on what to do for my son and husband.

depends on how old your son is, of course, but this might work for your husband: Rachat y Romero's in Cozumel [loose stones and jewelry] has a tequilla couch in the corner for the spouses of the women buying thier own anniversary presents. Complimentary tequilla is available, with your choice of salt or lime wedges, and I've never seen anyone told they'd "had enough, sir, please move along..."

Archived